Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
NekoShuffle has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:10:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm staying neutral on this with regards to the album - I knew it wasn't going to be my thing so I'm not disappointed or anything.

I have to say though, I'm honestly SHOCKED by the negative feedback on Darren Styles' Official Facebook page in response to the link to the CD. I knew the 'new style' wasn't popular with many but I underestimated just how unpopular it is, check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/DarrenStylesOfficialPage

Thoughts? I see the usual arguments breaking out. Very good point about Raver Baby on the 4th of Feburary - I'll be at ILHB and another rave in Brighton that weekend but the lineup has a 50/50 split - 1 room has artists who normally play the happier uplifting stuff, and the other room is the more 'dubcore' electro stuff. It'll be interesting to see which room is bigger.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:29:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by NekoShuffle:
I'm staying neutral on this with regards to the album - I knew it wasn't going to be my thing so I'm not disappointed or anything.

I have to say though, I'm honestly SHOCKED by the negative feedback on Darren Styles' Official Facebook page in response to the link to the CD. I knew the 'new style' wasn't popular with many but I underestimated just how unpopular it is, check it out:

Thoughts? I see the usual arguments breaking out. Very good point about Raver Baby on the 4th of Feburary - I'll be at ILHB and another rave in Brighton that weekend but the lineup has a 50/50 split - 1 room has artists who normally play the happier uplifting stuff, and the other room is the more 'dubcore' electro stuff. It'll be interesting to see which room is bigger.

dubcore one

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:30:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

The first few pages were positive feedback on how great and awesome he is, I didn't see any negative comments. I'm getting a little annoyed with how much people are smashing artists for making "new style" tracks. It's their music, they can do as they please with it. I don't like the newer style personally, but I don't comment on artists profiles telling them they suck. 'Nuff said.
As for the 'Which room is bigger' I'm interested in the results too, be sure to let us know :P

Lilark
Average Member

United States
211 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilark's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilark:
quote:

The first few pages were positive feedback on how great and awesome he is, I didn't see any negative comments. I'm getting a little annoyed with how much people are smashing artists for making "new style" tracks. It's their music, they can do as they please with it. I don't like the newer style as much personally, but I don't comment on artists profiles telling them they suck. 'Nuff said.
As for the 'Which room is bigger' I'm interested in the results too, be sure to let us know :P

Breakbeat Jon
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
Breakbeat Jon has attended 4 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:33:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Breakbeat Jon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
I couldn't give a shit what's ironic. I'm not part of a group that's been campaigning for a change. I absolutely loved the style of music from the day I got in to it. I've never complained about it. Clubland through to Hardcore Underground - I like(d)/love(d) all of it.

There are still a good number of people producing the - how shall we call it, 'traditional sound'? - which is obviously pleasing. I am just perplexed that this shit is allowed to be called 'Hardcore' and dominates one of the major Hardcore album releases of the year.

If people want to enjoy this style of music - that's great. But how people can really, consciously call it Hardcore is beyond me.

exactly what the 91 people were saying in 96, and the 96 people were saying in 2002. I'm glad of the change of direction. Wouldn't touch any of the other clubland albums with a barge pole, quite tempted by this latest one though.

K6HLR

United Kingdom
73 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  21:56:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit K6HLR's homepage  Reply with quote
To be honest i quite like it! i like it alot more than the last one! darren styles CD is my least favorite, Breeze actually has some decent tunes on his mix for once and at least hixxy had some new stuff and actual hardcore on his mix (compared to the other two mixes).
I dont mind the new style probably because ive been listening to alot of drumstep/dubstep at the moment and also because of CDs like HU5 etc giving me some proper hardcore goodness so this makes a nice change if I fancy something different : )

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:03:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilark:
quote:

The first few pages were positive feedback on how great and awesome he is, I didn't see any negative comments. I'm getting a little annoyed with how much people are smashing artists for making "new style" tracks. It's their music, they can do as they please with it. I don't like the newer style personally, but I don't comment on artists profiles telling them they suck. 'Nuff said.

Pages? Look at the comments in the link to the clubland album, huge dissatisfaction there. Very fair as well IMO, nobody was bashing him when I last looked. I don't know how to link to statuses, you'll have to click there yourself.

DJ Lawlzy
Advanced Member

Canada
520 posts
DJ Lawlzy has attended 3 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:05:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Lawlzy's homepage  Reply with quote
As with the recent CXH albums, I find there's a handful of really good tracks and you gotta pick em out. I'm liking some of the new Darren Styles stuff (the piano intro for You & I was nice), Re-Con (Calling) and Sora Blue by Hixxy (even though that's not new) but I think my favorite has to be Gammer's remix of Right By Your Side. Very pretty riff and the best remix I've heard of it.

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:19:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm gonna second the comment on Right By Your Side- anyone who says the Styles CD doesn't have any anthems on it clearly skipped that track.

cruelcore1
Advanced Member

Croatia (Hrvatska)
1,485 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:21:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit cruelcore1's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
What I think is really stupid about this is that Breeze says "if you don't like it, don't buy it" and then somewhere else said something like "they're only judging it on the samples when they haven't even heard the full CD"

ROFL it's THEIR fault samples sucked! What else did they expect? If I didnt youtube the tracks, I'd fully dislike the album. But Im still not buying...

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:32:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Breakbeat Jon:
exactly what the 91 people were saying in 96, and the 96 people were saying in 2002. I'm glad of the change of direction. Wouldn't touch any of the other clubland albums with a barge pole, quite tempted by this latest one though.

It hasn't escaped me that this is exactly how others have felt in the past mate. I have always sympathised with people who haven't enjoyed the, how shall we say - evolution?, of Hardcore. It must be horrible to see something you love change in a way that you can't stand. Well, it is horrible - it's pretty much happening now for myself, and others like me.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:36:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
It must be horrible to see something you love change in a way that you can't stand. Well, it is horrible - it's pretty much happening now for myself, and others like me.

Change? I simply call it cheap paced up copying. No change at all.
We need a revolution!

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:39:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Have to say that I'm very, very pleased with the way people are conducting themselves with comments on that status. I'm not someone that gets too excited about people needing to behave themselves and all that (topical) business, but feedback like that is the only chance there is of changing the minds of these top producers. Everyone's saying how much they respect him, but are disappointed. Good on them. I honestly didn't think that many people were against it.

Very interesting.

don_simon3000

Austria
342 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:42:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit don_simon3000's homepage  Reply with quote
heres my verdict: its okay overall. partially good, partially bad and the rest is okay. i havent bought any music for ages, so i might be a bit influenced here, but i think the price was a good one and it was worth the buy.

NekoShuffle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,480 posts
Posted - 2012/01/16 :  22:50:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NekoShuffle's homepage  Reply with quote
Okay listening to some better samples on TID, I dunno what's on what CD here so here are the tracks I have something positive to say something about:

Open Your Eyes isn't so bad, I think the kick/bass sounds a bit too hard and thick but the vocals aren't so bad..sounds slightly 97ish almost, but I'm not moved really.

Sora Blue, might be a remake of an old trance track but it's nice. Could loose the start-stop electro bits IMO

Outside World: I don't actually like this track but I think I can see what Hixxy was trying to do with it and the effort is appreciated. I think he's trying to go a bit slightly Bonkers Vol 1 with this.

Right By Your Side: I like it because I liked the original clubland remix...if that makes sense. I don't think anything particularly special was done on the Gammer remix.

24/7 (Breeze & Styles 2011 Remix): Same story as Right By Your Side..I like it because it's 24/7 but I don't think the remix is an improvement by any means.

Satellite: Has some nice vocals but I'm not keen on the wet fart noise I'm hearing around it.

So...yeah. That's it pretty much. That's my thoughts on the album, as per the samples on Trackitdown. I was actually looking for some other stuff while I was there but I saw all the tracks and decided I'd do a quick rundown.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page