Page: 
of 10

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  04:35:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Should've known that someone would eventually start a topic over this nonsense.

Clearly he's making a sweeping generalization about the average opinion on what we all think, which is totally not true. I think there's a majority of people on here who keep up with current hardcore trends and don't have a huge problem with the direction that hardcore is going towards now.

However, there are those few that do make the same negative comments over and over again. And because of those same people we have 20 pages of discussing how they found the newest CXH album to be shit, and only 5 pages of how amazing the latest HU album is. Seriously the most negative people on here are also the most vocal. It's like they think this site is here to blow of their steam on how much they hate the current direction of hardcore, which is clearly not the intended reason of this site.

What also makes me sick is that most of these same people making their repetitive statements have no real reason of disliking hardcore except for that it's not pre-2000 hardcore. They don't ever go out to any events, or do much of anything for that matter. And no Samination I'm not talking about you. You're in an area that is barren of a hardcore scene, and you've actually flown out to events (or maybe it was just that one).

And we are seriously overreacting on this. And this wasn't the first time people made a mountain out of a molehill over what Gammer has said. I've met the guy 3 times, and each time he was badass. I'm not talking specifically about his music, I'm talking about him in general. He's a friendly guy, loves what he's doing, and he's not afraid to take risks in his productions. So sure he's a bit upset that someone has some nonconstructive criticism over tracks that he's poured so much effort into. I bet the majority of you who have slagged him for his comments has never met the guy in person. The internet really isn't the place to get a good feeling on who a person is.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  06:23:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
I love it when people say "It's good" it's ok, but while saying "it stinks# it's not? Both are equaly non-describing what is actually good or bad with it... I still think Elliott nails it.

latin: I've been at 2 events in my entire life and both I walked out around the end, and not thrown out :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/12/01 06:24:56
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  07:34:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Archefluxx:
Lorenzo, stop talking bollocks. You really have no idea of the complete bollocks you talk.

Me and Gammer are tight.

Lulz.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  09:43:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

quote:
Gammer aka Matt Lee - Official Page 19 hours ago

Happyhardcore.com is all like

"People who like this remix know NOTHING about REAL hardcore"

Meanwhilst, these "people" are too busy enjoying music to care

he may be refering to http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=59126

end of the day opinions are opinions & not everyone here shares the same one.

quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
the ignorance of people's view on this website honestly makes me laugh, i go to a private christian university; so i've learned to literally laugh at most ignorance.

there's like a couple people who are like what Gammer said, out of the like 40 who are regulars?

people are going to have a close minded view of this website no matter what because to them it's just like ush in the sense it only gets brought up when there's negativity.

I agree with tweaky, it's aimed at a couple of ignorant people here, not the whole site.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  12:03:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't blame Gammer for getting frustrated at some people on this site. There is a major case of tall poppy syndrome with certain people who are against certain big names in the scene who don't play music to their liking.

It's like if you produce anything different to Cheesey Trance Vocal Candy Hardcore you should be kicked out of the scene and terrorized lol. Neko Shuffle cough cough:) Don't even mention Dubstep, Drum n Bass or Electro in Hardcore or you'll be burnt alive lol

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

deathproof627

United States
122 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  12:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit deathproof627's homepage  Reply with quote
Well at least gammer is not as much of a twat as breeze; also using the term hater when critiquing ones music which is common among these big producers and their mindless fans.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  12:48:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
at the end of the day it's just words on a screen you either take to heart or you don't...everyone has a choice if people don't like the style that is being produced these days then they don't like it simple as that same goes for the people that do like it everyone is entitled to an opinion and they will voice there opinion if they wish to

deathproof627

United States
122 posts
Posted - 2012/12/01 :  12:59:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit deathproof627's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
at the end of the day it's just words on a screen you either take to heart or you don't...everyone has a choice if people don't like the style that is being produced these days then they don't like it simple as that same goes for the people that do like it everyone is entitled to an opinion and they will voice there opinion if they wish to

True, but it's absolutely ridiculous that there is so much drama and immaturity in such a small and pathetic scene that will most likely never be taken seriously. I enjoy listening to hardcore, maybe not the bigger name stuff anymore but it's interesting to see how such a select few have monopolized the majority of hardcore scene leaving little room for up and coming producers to gain grater recognition.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  13:10:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
I should point out that I was just seizing the opportunity to talk about the top tier producers who do the public backlash against "haters" thing collectively. Gammer's comments were mild and he doesn't have a remarkable history of saying things like that so I'd generally like to give him the benefit of the doubt. Some producers, on the other hand, are just taking it way too far and coming off looking like spoilt children (which, ironically, hurts the scene they claim to be defending). They're not only directly stifling any kind of constructive criticism but they're also encouraging more impressionable fans to rise up and do the same: if you see someone slating our music, beat them down (I see people doing it all the time on Facebook).

So, yeah, I was really just hijacking a closely-linked thread to talk about it as a general trend. Although for the people who said they've met Gammer and he seems alright/cool/etc, fair play to you, I personally haven't, but it's not exactly like people go around with their thoughts, feelings, emotions, beliefs and whatever on display on their t-shirts and I don't see that as any more accurate of an insight than just analysing things he does elsewhere. It takes people years of knowing me to work out that I'm actually a complete dickhead, for example. And just to cover myself before someone else says it: SORRY I WAS LYING IT ACTUALLY TAKES 0.2 SECONDS

Edited by - Elliott on 2012/12/02 13:20:06
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  13:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
I love it when people say "It's good" it's ok, but while saying "it stinks# it's not? Both are equaly non-describing what is actually good or bad with it... I still think Elliott nails it.

Oh yeah, this is very true as well. It annoys me when I absolutely hate a track and someone else loves it but can't explain to me why! I mean, it's not intolerance and I respect their right to arbitrary personal preferences as much as the next person but I'm usually very interested in the individual differences.

There does seem to be a special case that says "you can like stuff without justification but if you don't, you better have a damn good reason". I've started trying to be more descriptive in positive Soundcloud comments because of this, to make it more helpful.

Edited by - Elliott on 2012/12/02 13:23:26
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  13:40:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I personally haven't, but it's not exactly like people go around with their thoughts, feelings, emotions, beliefs and whatever on display on their t-shirts and I don't see that as any more accurate of an insight than just analysing things he does elsewhere. It takes people years of knowing me to work out that I'm actually a complete dickhead, for example.

Of course but the point is i think that it's more likely that his comment on the internet is just that; a comment on the internet and nothing more. If it was in a conversation with a group of people you wouldn't think anything of it.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  13:42:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
well, I think you've all done a splendid job in this thread at showing the internet how friendly you all are :P

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  13:42:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
well, I think you've all done a splendid job in this thread at showing the internet how friendly you all are :P

Do explain!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  14:08:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Hahahahahaha!

That is all i have to say on this topic - would hate the thought of offending anybody.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2012/12/02 :  14:18:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah it's a bit silly really. Don't know how it's lasted this long.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 10 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page