Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  10:47:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
I would vote but I'm struggling to answer any of them. I just don't really have favourite anythings. There is always just a whole wedge of things that I can never chose from. I can probably give you best album and best event at best.

I guess that's the problem with having no short list. It's much harder to think of something and the results you do get will have a massive spread I imagine.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2013/12/19 10:57:57
Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  12:12:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
I would vote but I'm struggling to answer any of them. I just don't really have favourite anythings. There is always just a whole wedge of things that I can never chose from. I can probably give you best album and best event at best.

I guess that's the problem with having no short list. It's much harder to think of something and the results you do get will have a massive spread I imagine.

Couldn't agree more with this post, a shortlist would be the way forward to getting people to vote.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  12:21:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
If there were enough votes then a shortlist would have been possible!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  12:54:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Will get my votes in over the weekend. Been insanely busy at work and not at home in the evenings much.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  15:40:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

This. With barely any participation at all, how are we going to have enough people to generate a short list?

And also, it would have been unfair to everyone if Dean, Ken and I all decided upon ourselves who would be in this short list for y'all to vote on.

AND even if we had a first round of nominations voting before the actual final voting took place, would you not have the exact same problem Gary? I mean you're still choosing just one or 2 nominations of who you think has been the best of the year, so you would still endure that same struggle.

Like mentioned, you have a choice of up to 2 for each category, and you can rank them as well.

And yes I will gather a list of who hasn't voted and should be voting by Christmas time! I expect full participation from the rest of the non-voters after Christmas!

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2013/12/19 :  16:53:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

This. With barely any participation at all, how are we going to have enough people to generate a short list?

And also, it would have been unfair to everyone if Dean, Ken and I all decided upon ourselves who would be in this short list for y'all to vote on.

AND even if we had a first round of nominations voting before the actual final voting took place, would you not have the exact same problem Gary? I mean you're still choosing just one or 2 nominations of who you think has been the best of the year, so you would still endure that same struggle.

Like mentioned, you have a choice of up to 2 for each category, and you can rank them as well.

And yes I will gather a list of who hasn't voted and should be voting by Christmas time! I expect full participation from the rest of the non-voters after Christmas!

Yes I can see the dilemma I guess. I wouldn't have quite the same problem when it came to a second round though. It's easier to mull over 10 tracks or so that a whole year of tracks as it's a staggering amount these days. I would just be putting in the first thing that came into my head atm so it would be my favourite track from the last album I listened to rather than track of the year.

I guess I can put something together if I have a think... My votes may change in a second round though when someone else reminds me of a track I forgot. ;) There will certainly be some N/A's in my list though I'm afraid.

Oh and I'm not just trying to be difficult by the way haha. Just chucking out an honest opinion as to why I hadn't already voted on anything.

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2013/12/19 16:55:00
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Posted - 2013/12/20 :  09:32:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
OK, votes in!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2013/12/20 :  20:08:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
No its a fair point Gary, I put forward the idea of sticking to one round as we might have gathered a load of attention in the first stage but might not have had the same level of attention when it came to voting again.

looking at things now & depending on the level of votes come deadline, it might be best to have a second round after all with some nominations to make voting easier.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/12/21 :  03:22:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

looking at things now & depending on the level of votes come deadline, it might be best to have a second round after all with some nominations to make voting easier.

Yea I was thinking the same thing too, but let's do that for next year. Not worth the trouble to retweaking an awards that has already started. If I'm still around here next year and have the time I would definitely ask ppl to nominate probably up to 3 for each category unranked, and do the final tally for top 5 for final round.

But yes I initially wanted a voting setup like the HH Awards, except you 2 bitches thought that would be too much trouble. 7 votes in right now, I think I could've handled a 2-round system with no problem.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2013/12/21 03:24:15
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2013/12/31 :  18:22:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
we should have had an open thread where we could see other peoples opinions

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2013/12/31 :  19:31:24  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Your votes will be taken between now until Monday the 30th at 6AM

....woops, only just noticed this.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2013/12/31 :  19:46:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
quote:

Your votes will be taken between now until Monday the 30th at 6AM

....woops, only just noticed this.

You can still vote if you want. I kind of lost interest in this lol not enough people are voting or care about it it seems, whereas the unhardcore awards has had more responses than this.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2013/12/31 :  20:32:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
An open discussion thread would have generated far more interest and opinions

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/01/01 :  01:12:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
done!

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/01/01 :  02:17:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Im hoping to at least challenge some of these categories. I managed to blag a 2011 award so a 2013 award would be nice after what I perceived as such as a good year :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page