Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  21:47:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage  Reply with quote
Ballistic - Kiss It

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  22:46:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Styles & Breeze - Future Set

I'd prefer to listen to the 2008/2009 update nowadays but it's just that melody. I love it so much.

Close second would possibly be Styles & Breeze - Come With Me (Unique Remix). Even by today's standards, that is one powerful drop.

Surprised you like the unique remix of come with me, the original was far better imo. A great tune which I'd completely forgotten about. I remember the huge wait for the release on that - about 3-4 years iirc. I seem to remember the issue being that styles wasn't happy with it for some unknown reason so it got thrown on the scrap heap until breeze started Futureworld many years later.

My personal favourite is probably Still the one by Dougal and styles but there's too many to choose in all honesty.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2014/11/11 22:48:57
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  23:14:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

I'd prefer to listen to the 2008/2009 update nowadays but it's just that melody. I love it so much.

Close second would possibly be Styles & Breeze - Come With Me (Unique Remix). Even by today's standards, that is one powerful drop.

Surprised you like the unique remix of come with me, the original was far better imo. A great tune which I'd completely forgotten about. I remember the huge wait for the release on that - about 3-4 years iirc. I seem to remember the issue being that styles wasn't happy with it for some unknown reason so it got thrown on the scrap heap until breeze started Futureworld many years later.

My personal favourite is probably Still the one by Dougal and styles but there's too many to choose in all honesty.

I thought the Unique version was the best one, by a long way. I don't agree with Future Set remix though, for me the original was infinitely superior to any other version.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  23:25:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
quote:

I thought the Unique version was the best one, by a long way. I don't agree with Future Set remix though, for me the original was infinitely superior to any other version.

The unique mix was decent but the riff was almost identical to spenno and Jess - find your way (another great track btw). Preferred the vocal in the original as well, don't know if it was sang by a different vocalist but it sounds much different to me. The original was just superb for its time and still is. Was criminal that it never got much airtime when it was first produced.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  23:51:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I thought they did a great job with the Future Set update. Basically kept everything I loved about the original and just brought the production standards up to date.

I love the original just as much though!

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/11/11 :  23:55:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The unique mix was decent but the riff was almost identical to spenno and Jess - find your way (another great track btw). Preferred the vocal in the original as well, don't know if it was sang by a different vocalist but it sounds much different to me. The original was just superb for its time and still is. Was criminal that it never got much airtime when it was first produced.

The original is a great tune too. :)

To be honest, the Unique remix probably isn't my second choice at all. There are loads of tracks vying for that position and Come With Me was just the first that came to mind.

Definitely sticking with Future Set for favourite though. Most of the tracks I was listening to when I first got into hardcore have become a bit boring through over-listening but Future Set has always retained its appeal.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  13:18:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The original is a great tune too. :)

To be honest, the Unique remix probably isn't my second choice at all. There are loads of tracks vying for that position and Come With Me was just the first that came to mind.

Definitely sticking with Future Set for favourite though. Most of the tracks I was listening to when I first got into hardcore have become a bit boring through over-listening but Future Set has always retained its appeal.

I remember first time I heard Future Set, it was on a Hixxy tape, Helter Skelter Energy 2001 perhaps? I remember lying there, listening and with this tune in particular thinking, "fuck me, hardcore is back!". Was a great set, Helter Skelter was back, this new style of hardcore sounded bloody good and it only got better for the next few years. Happy days.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  14:43:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ninja edit:

+1, can't even do a top10

It would probably be different every week as well.

this. i did a top 10 when i posted on the "introduce yourself" thread here but it has changed for the most part since then.

however my #1 is still The Time Has Come by Brisk & VAGABOND. i dont even think it is that creative of a track, but it just sounds like the perfect hardcore tune to me. never get tired of that distorted kick
another track that has been making me rape the repeat button on foobar recently too is Robbie Long & Stormtrooper - Nasty Time. not the Stormtrooper remix, the Bonkers 17 version. incredibly bouncy track.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  16:53:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah Futureset original was the best imo also.

Yeah Still The One is a superb track. Easily one of my favourite UK hardcore tracks from the past 10 -12 years.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  20:13:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
Scott Brown - Now is the time easily my favorite tune the hixxy & trixxy remix is the best remix i've heard but it'll never beat the original :)

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  21:01:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage  Reply with quote
I haven't got an exact fave so ill post my top few, in no particular order...

Brisk and Ham - Angel eyes (Re-Con Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDIah1LZwjA

Scott Brown - Rock You Softly (UFO & Supreme Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNSXhxttx4

Darren Hotchkiss & Stu Infinity - Last Goodbye (Ganar Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u2wvm2EQLo

Squad-E - Turn It Up (Original Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVy5rqp4uSA

Flyin & Sparky feat Charm - Down To You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReS9s37qskI

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/11/12 :  23:49:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
Ballistic - Kiss It

THANK YOU! Been trying to remember what this track was called for months and months!

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  02:13:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:

Moved to new server :)

Never heard of it, whose it by?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  02:17:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Impossible to decide on only one but 'Scott Brown - Life As We Know It' is definitely up there :)

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  03:21:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
S3RL - SLUT

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page