Total online 1920
 Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Tiesto tells why he ditched Trance for House.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  10:10:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm getting confused as to why any of this matters, again. Is it lunchtime yet? I need my carer to wheel me back inside because it's beginning to rain out here. Maaaaaaaaaatlock!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  11:20:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
Wah wah wah

This complaining obviously represents a minority given that a lot of these artists are still relevant today and you're still talking about them so they obviously made the right move.

Also if he sold out good for him. Money and happiness is the aim of the game and props to anyone for doing it well.

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  13:08:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Is not about trolling is all about facts. And the biggest trolls is the entire dance scene are the Trance community. Such a jaded bunch towards djs like Hardwell and other EDM producers.

They abuse any producers or fans that like EDM over Trance music. I am just sick of the hypocrisy ******** where Trance fans call other genres commercial when their scene was full of acts that went commercial throughout the 2000s.

Every genre has fan boys. On my YouTube videos I have commenters saying "F*ck Skrillex" when he's got nothing to do with anything.
Hardstyle fans may complain about house kicks being too soft
Progressive/Electro fans may insult a deep/future house fan for jumping on the latest bandwagon/trend, they could insult a hardstyle fan for the music being too hard/fast and could hit back at trance fans for it being too boring.

It's similar to the way elite dance music fans may be caught complaining that "it's not the same anymore" whilst commercial EDM consumers may be completely arrogant to everything outside their bubble of Calvin Harris, Avicii and David Guetta.

It only takes a look inside a few YouTube video comments to see that fans of all genres are abusing each other. Not just trance fans.

quote:

At the end of the day EDM is just another word for new House music. And it is a genre that has made Trance a sound of the past..

Trance is included in EDM. Even hardcore falls into the category of EDM, so does the relatively new Tropical House. Naturally Progressive/Big Room/Electro are the first things you associate when you think EDM since currently they are the most commercial genres.

But seriously, as long as it's made electronically, you can dance to it and it's music.
It's EDM.

Edited by - jordesuvi on 2015/02/24 13:21:53
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  13:17:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
It only takes a look inside a few YouTube video comments to see that fans of all genres are abusing each other. Not just trance fans.

Your first mistake was reading youtube comments, and your second taking them seriously lol. In every single vid on youtube the comments just consist of a load of 12 your olds or older idiots abusing each other about absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter what the vid is.
quote:
Tropical House

Is that a new name for Jungle? Lol

quote:
But seriously, as long as it's made electronically, you can dance to it and it's music.
It's EDM.

Right. That's what i was thinking. All 'dance' music is EDM. What people associate with the term 'EDM' as you mentioned i just think of as pop music. Or pop-dance music.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/02/24 13:20:08
jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  13:29:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Your first mistake was reading youtube comments, and your second taking them seriously lol. In every single vid on youtube the comments just consist of a load of 12 your olds or older idiots abusing each other about absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter what the vid is.

You're right. But in a way it's like the instinct of a music fan lashing out due to their young age.
Besides, I see the similar insults thrown by 18-25 year old EDM fans on twitter. The only difference is that it's spelt correctly.

quote:
Is that a new name for Jungle? Lol

If I were to describe it, it's like tech house if you were to throw sand, a palm tree, a deck chair and a cup full of sea water at it. If you have the time, a quick "tropical house mix" search would explain it all. It's been trickling its way into UK charts since last Spring.

Edited by - jordesuvi on 2015/02/24 13:34:02
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  15:48:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
like Hard2Get said, don't bother reading what youtubers write. And on here, rafferty is making this to be the "gamergate of trance". It's propably just a vocal minority.

... Kinda like us here when it comes to today's Hardcore :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/02/24 :  22:57:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage  Reply with quote
Some feel great being close to what they perceive as the pulse of their generation, others like being the underdog.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page