HH.com Production Competition 2015 - VOTING CLOSED
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
SparkzMusic

Zimbabwe
334 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  16:38:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SparkzMusic's homepage  Reply with quote
Will be voting soon. Been away for past week. Will certainly vote before flight away at end of week.

As for future comps between Ken's... I might sort something inbetween (probably June time)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - SparkzMusic on 2015/04/25 16:52:57
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  07:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:
As for future comps between Ken's... I might sort something inbetween (probably June time)

Feel free, a year is quite a wait but I just cant take anything else on at the minute!

At least if someone were to run a late summer remix comp, then next year I'll return to the original vocal concept, this was fun :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  07:30:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
5 days folks. Make sure you have your say!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  08:13:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
quote:
Originally posted by SparkzMusic:

Feel free, a year is quite a wait but I just cant take anything else on at the minute!

I was sure after the last comp there was talk of having one in between, or a couple a year. Seems an age ago now!
I'm ready for the next one anyway, had the producing bug again these last few weeks.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

piumaki

Italy
446 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  08:19:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit piumaki's homepage  Reply with quote
I couldnt decide between 3/4 tracks, some really good stuff...anyway I ve chosen my fav 2...good luck! ;)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/28 :  18:17:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, with the winning track receiving full mastering & a release on PPF 2015, what do you guys think should be done with the rest of the submissions?

There are some crackin' tracks there. Do you think it may be worthwhile releasing the second & third placed tracks on a free ep? Sort of a warm up to release of the winning track/PPF 2015?

Would this take something away from the winning track having an exclusive release of its own. I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on this. After all, they'll all be available to download after the comp anyway. Maybe it would be beneficial to release the runners up in a more credible way.

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/04/28 :  18:33:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Out of curiosity, with the winning track receiving full mastering & a release on PPF 2015, what do you guys think should be done with the rest of the submissions?

There are some crackin' tracks there. Do you think it may be worthwhile releasing the second & third placed tracks on a free ep? Sort of a warm up to release of the winning track/PPF 2015?

Would this take something away from the winning track having an exclusive release of its own. I'm curious to hear peoples thoughts on this. After all, they'll all be available to download after the comp anyway. Maybe it would be beneficial to release the runners up in a more credible way.

If so you would have to get people to remove/replace the original vocal as to not detract from the release of the final winner

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/28 :  18:52:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
I like the idea. I even half-seriously suggested it a bit ago.
Would be a nice way to stop the other worthy entries being forgotten about before too long.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/28 :  23:23:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I just thought id put it out there & see if a runners up EP is worth thinking about. If it were to go ahead it would have to be post PPF release. I wouldn't want to take anything away from the winning track.

The only reason I brought it up is because its such a close competition. The last couple of days could be crucial. This will go down to the wire!

IF YOU'RE STILL TO VOTE, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T MISS THE DEADLINE! Only 2 days left...

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/04/28 23:24:24
Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  01:51:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
I think maybe do a single Winner's release or with the album, and then maybe do a Runner's Up EP with 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  02:21:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
I think maybe do a single Winner's release or with the album, and then maybe do a Runner's Up EP with 2nd 3rd and 4th.

I think that sounds good, winning track is released first & foremost through the next free PPF album with at least 2nd & 3rd placed released through a well earned free EP, some time after the album release obviously :)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  10:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
What's good about the majority of the entries is that they use the vocal in totally different ways. That should mean that subsequent releases won't take anything away from the winner.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  12:11:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

I think that sounds good, winning track is released first & foremost through the next free PPF album with at least 2nd & 3rd placed released through a well earned free EP, some time after the album release obviously :)

Wait what? now I wanna change so my top choice gets a free release :P (j/k)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  13:33:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Right! That's it! From now on all albums will be sold. The going rate is one soul per album. Be it your own soul or someone else's, i'm easy.

Please seek bill payer/owners permission before purchase/ceremony.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,084 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/04/29 :  13:40:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
quote:

Right! That's it! From now on all albums will be sold. The going rate is one soul per album. Be it your own soul or someone else's, i'm easy.

Please seek bill payer/owners permission before purchase/ceremony.

I don't know who is my owner :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page