Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Newstyle Invasion
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djmarinecorpse

Canada
265 posts
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  16:14:31  Show profile Send a private message
I was just sitting here thinking to myself - am I the only one in the world who dislikes newstyle hardcore? It seems like everything has started turning into trance-influenced thumpity-thump all-sounds-the-same shit. (Please, don't reply to say "nustyle rules, ****er!" cause I'm not trying to start a fight - I'm just expressing my opinion as I am sure you do want to be able to do, too. And my post is not intended just to spout off - I'm just trying to express my frustration.) Is there ANYONE out there who thinks the same way, or am I alone in marching around with a cardboard sign preaching to 70 year old ladies in mall parking lots about the benefits of nice old-fashioned happy tracks? Agh. I don't even understand how it can be called "happy hardcore" anymore, cause most of the trance-influenced newstyle has nothing happy about it at all (that's not to say that I only want happy tracks, I'm just illustrating that when a whole genre changes, generally it happens as a branch-off, not the whole fkin genre just picking up and moving).

Aghhh, sorry. I'm just a little pissed right now. I'll go listen to some nice oldskool for a bit - at least it stays where it's supposed to .

Paul

You ever feel this far removed from pop music?
"Do you like Smashing Pumpkins?" "Are you kidding?! I love to do that!"

Alert moderator
Broken

United States
145 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/27 :  20:39:30  Show profile  Send a private message
I feel the same way about gabber. I think IT was better before the "new sound." However, there's always got to be change in any genre or it just sort of becomes stagnant. Eventually, both happy and gabber will probably end up going back to an older sound. That's what I think anyway.

And personally, I think trancey hardcore is good, as long as producers can keep their sound distinct. It would be nice if there were more tracks with acid elements in them and if they would dirty up the kicks a little bit... I don't know, give it a rougher sound but still keep the vocals. Maybe that's just me though. I've always had a thing for beauty layered on top of dark, angry shit if that makes any sense... IDK it's getting kind of late... :) M'point is that if the trend toward trance continues, I hope it keeps a bit of an edge.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Broken on 2003/03/27 23:40:50
djsuch
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
djsuch has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  00:16:43  Show profile  Send a private message
well said, you aint the only one who thinks that oldskool is the best hardcore. the new stuff that they have brought out is bobbins. i like all the old ones from 95-97. they were the hardcore years. i definately agree. keep the choones bangin and your head boppin and everything will be o.k. the new stuff is bangers and i think that the dj's are taking the piss when they remix all the original HAPPY HARDCORE tracks to shitty trance, dance bollocks. peace out x

PEACE, LOVE, N UNITY!!!! HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exhile
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,365 posts
Exhile has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  00:47:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Exhile's homepage
Personnally im a bigger fan of the new stuff though the raver baby stuff all sounds a bit the same. I never have been a fan of gabber nad sure as hell never will be.

Peace, love and unity

Dj Frankus

Tricky AB

Canada
398 posts

78 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  06:55:22  Show profile  Send a private message
I can't say I like the old stuff because I have not been around long enough...but from what tracks I've hear it's good...but music needs to progress...

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/03/28 :  07:26:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
but most genres of music progress very slowly, if at all.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  17:37:34  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
It's all good, to be honest I did not like the new trancier sound of hardcore when it first came out, but now totally love it.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/03/30 :  23:18:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
^^^ yeah i'm exactly the same. this style seemed to start off on a kind of "sped-up trance" sort of vibe. now it seems to have a sounds of its own. though the RB/JB crew seem to be sticking to a very trancey sound, which does annoy me a bit. the NG/BB lot have turned it into something in its own right though.

everything in its place, i still play mainly 97-00 stuff, with a bit of new stuff too. i guess if you like the slightly older stuff, play that. here in australia heaps of people still play older stuff, unlike what i've heard in the UK is that everyone plays upfront (please don't flame me for this that's what i ws told by a respected UK dj). i will, within this year, have the capacity to start writing tunes and i hope to do tunes more like the older stuff. so yeah!

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2003/03/31 :  21:42:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
Look at it this way if it wasnt for happy hardcore trance wouldnt exist and now however we r going back to the trance roots as we r scarce for dirction. Not only that we also have to acknowledge that there r more dj;s then producers in d hardcore/ happy hardcore scene so this means that maybe we should increase the production in order for a new better style to come about in regards to happy hardcore, otherwise its just gonna keeep on being up to the big guys like scott brown , birsk etc who make the sound change. And im preeety sure there heading towards the trance sound more as theres more cash in it, although however trance has died down now a bit so maybe they should of done this a while back and not bout 2 years ago.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page