Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 UPRISING RECORDINGS & REBIRTH RECORDINGS
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Scott Majestik

United Kingdom
57 posts
Scott Majestik is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2003/04/10 :  08:14:04  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit Scott Majestik's homepage
With the first release's already out and causing a storm Mr Devastate passed on some info on those and forthcomming tracks on both labels. Hopefully we can get some audio up online for all your ears but in the mean time here you all go.

Uprising Recordings ....

Upr001 Release Date: 04/03
A: Devastate and Sharkey “Terrabeat”
AA: Robbie Long and Devastate “50,000 watts”

Uprising Records launches itself in fine style into the hardcore arena, both sides of the first release featuring on Sharkey's mix on “Bonkers 9 Hardcore Mutation”. “Terrabeat” fuses Devastate’s hard edge style with the fluid vocal styling of the one and only Mc Sharkey, creating a party tune that doesn’t compromise on its hardcore integrity an inch. A must have for all serious Dj’s.

“50,000 watts”, what’s this the cheeky scourer and Bobby Short having a crack at freeform? Well didn’t they do well? This track has crossed from hardcore clubs into trance clubs quite happily and is getting a good response from Dj’s and crowds alike.
Impressive start to a good record label, big things are hoped for.

Upr002 Release Date: 05/03
A: Scott Majestik “Acid Dreams”
AA: Scott Majestik “Blinded Innocence”

His majesty graces Uprising with his regal presence, the owner of Higher Order records has created two blinding tracks; “Acid Dreams” has already been snapped up by Sharkey for Bonkers X (he also wanted it for his label but was beaten to it hehe), this track combines hard beats and acid with fluid musical riffs, a minimal masterpiece. Welcome back Scotty Boy

“Blinded Innocence”, blinding innocence more like, a quality track from Scott, this was also on Sharkey’s shortlist for Bonkers but unfortunately he couldn’t squeeze it on. Heavy gabbaesque sounds heavy kicks and floating riffs are the order of the day on this one. Unique as ever from the excited young man.

Upr003 Release Date: 06/03
A: “Still Free” Zonic & Kinetic
AA: “Peking Kevin” Tha Outsidaz

“Still Free” back to old skool in style, you will all know this one, our Gaelic counterparts show their flair and bring Ireland back into the hardcore arena, this track could have gone cheesy but instead it’s gone more uplifting than the elevator in the empire state building. Well done lads.

Oh my god, Tha Outsidaz are at it again! “Peking Kevin” is a terrifying little number new skool stylee, a follow up to Chemical Variant that makes other hard tracks sound like cheese. Someone get these boys a valium.

Rebirth Recordings ....

RBR001 Release Date: 04/03
A: “Condemned” – Tha Outsidaz
AA: “Hi-Ho-Silver” - Darkus, Tension & Devastate

Re-birth launches itself with the experimental sounds of Tha Outsidaz; “Condemned” fuses breaks, bass, acid, hard kicks and evil vocals. The marmite of hardcore you’ll either love it or hate it. One comment by Doc-E on USH.net was “it sounds like a badly produced D&B track” but then three top name D&B boys think it’s wicked and really well produced. It’s not D&B anyway, so make up your own minds.

“Hi-Ho-Silver” was described in the best way by DJ Sy, he sent Devastate a text after he received his test press, this is it “Hi-Ho is a tune”. When God speaks, people listen, so go get a copy, new skool breaks-old skool flavor. Nuff Respect.

RBR002 Release Date: 05/03
A: “Music Power” – Dair & Devastate
AA: “Heart-Attack” – Tha Outsidaz

What’s with Devastate and Tha Outsidaz at the moment? They are like busses, first there is nothing by them, and then they pop up all over the place. “Music Power” brings our antipodean friend Dair to the fore, with a quality piece of freeform. This track appears on Bonkers X and is well worthy of the position.

“Heart-Attack” is Ruffneck meets TerrorTraxx and bumps into Elstak on the way, a hard pounding track which leaves you wondering which way the track will turn next. Quality hardedge returns to hardcore.

Everything Excites Me ! I Am One Excited Young Man !!

Higher Order Recordings
E: [email protected]
W: www.higher-order.co.uk
T: +44 (0) 7947 483037
MSN: [email protected]

HIGHER ORDER 001 OUT IN THE SHOPS NOW !!

Alert moderator
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/04/10 :  10:28:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
“Hi-Ho-Silver” - Darkus, Tension & Devastate = Ejaculation.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/04/10 :  12:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
^^^
Fo' sho!!! I'm very happy about these 2 new labels coming up; I think they'll fill in some major gaps between the current sound of hardcore and what's actually available for the regular dj.

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/04/10 :  13:44:27  Show profile  Send a private message
ordered the first releases for both of these from nuenergy, both are f*ckin wicked stuff.

i've missed robbie long & devastate's stuff =9

"we'll delete the weak"

Edited by - Brian K on 2003/04/10 13:45:31
virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/04/10 :  15:36:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
make sure to let us know when you get audios up of the other tunes!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page