Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/02/24 :  22:42:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Get the impression that he just isn't interested anymore. Hixxy is a big enough (no pun intended) legend in the scene to always pick up a decent number of bookings from his past glory regardless of whether he makes any new tunes or not. He's probably happy enough to do this and focus his time on other business ventures. A real shame as he was always one of my favourite dj's/producers.

Think it was in the HTID ITS Magaluf film last summer that he mentioned he was going to get back in the studio. But as already mentioned on this thread - what hixxy says and what hixxy does are two completely different things and always have been.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/05/09 :  21:26:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Back in the studio today according to Darren Style on Twitter. Looking forward to hearing some new material from him.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/05/09 :  22:06:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
Sweet :)

Don't forget, he did have some kind of health problems at some point, it wasn't *that* long ago that he was supposedly not supposed to fly to HTID ITS iirc so maybe that's why he's been out of the game a bit?

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/07/07 :  18:59:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
He plays happy hardcore sets aswell, he plays at billy bunters I love happy hardcore events, think he's played at them all and is booked again for the next 1

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Jaybee has attended 24 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  04:34:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
So , Obesity and pizza jokes aside what has happened to hixxy?

Lol, when Hixxy played for us in Los Angeles in 2007, so many people were convinced it wasn't Hixxy for some reason. I think they said he was "too fat to be Hixxy"

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  05:17:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:

Lol, when Hixxy played for us in Los Angeles in 2007, so many people were convinced it wasn't Hixxy for some reason. I think they said he was "too fat to be Hixxy"

Highly doubt most people who said that had ever seen him before that night.

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  05:27:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:

Highly doubt most people who said that had ever seen him before that night.

Probably not, but it was rather funny how quickly that got around.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  08:30:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
Someone at summer gathering told me hes got a dodgy ticker, thats why he took a lot of time out. Whether true or not though ive no idea

SmashingTheSirens

United Kingdom
126 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  10:25:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SmashingTheSirens's homepage  Reply with quote
Dodgy ticker or not, he's playing Hyperbolic in my town this weekend. Should be fun, lots of Hyperbloic originals on the bill too

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  11:03:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
Someone at summer gathering told me hes got a dodgy ticker, thats why he took a lot of time out. Whether true or not though ive no idea

Wouldn't be too surprising, he'd put on a massive amount of weight, just look at pictures and videos of him from the 90s compared to now. We all fill out, but he was unnaturally big.
Hopefully it isn't true, or if it is then it's nothing too serious.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  12:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:

Wouldn't be too surprising, he'd put on a massive amount of weight, just look at pictures and videos of him from the 90s compared to now. We all fill out, but he was unnaturally big.
Hopefully it isn't true, or if it is then it's nothing too serious.

Yeah even around 2006 he wasn't what I'd class as fat. But from then on he seemed to balloon up to the size of a sumo wrestler. I remember seeing him around 2012 and he could barely walk with the amount of weight he was carrying.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  12:34:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Well he did miss out on at least 2 sets for HTID ITS when I went back in 2012 because of a heart issue. He was only able to play one set and that was the waterpark party. Saw him at HTID USA last year and he looked like he lost some weight, but not much.

Anybody have pics of him before he really ballooned up? I'm curious to see how drastic a weight gain he's had.

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  15:55:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Well he did miss out on at least 2 sets for HTID ITS when I went back in 2012 because of a heart issue. He was only able to play one set and that was the waterpark party. Saw him at HTID USA last year and he looked like he lost some weight, but not much.

Anybody have pics of him before he really ballooned up? I'm curious to see how drastic a weight gain he's had.

Here is photos of him from the party I mentioned earlier. It took place May 2007 in Union Station train station in Los Angeles

Edited by - Jaybee on 2016/10/11 15:57:19
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  16:27:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Older (younger?) Hixxy pictures:

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/11 :  20:51:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Back in the studio today according to Darren Style on Twitter. Looking forward to hearing some new material from him.

I hope that doesn't mean he's back in the studio with Darren Styles..

Don't get me wrong, the Hixxy & Styles tracks were some of the true '00s greats but I have a bad feeling about what a modern collab might sound like.

On that note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the majesty of tracks like Elevator and The Theme. Rushins and Takin' Over Me were fantastic as well.

Edit: It's kind of interesting though that, between these two titans of hardcore, they never managed to write a single original melody for their collabs. Still, you see this all the time. Sometimes I'll hear an old trance track or something and think "oh, so Hixxy just stole the melody from that". Happened to me recently with Sacrifice. Not trying to call out Hixxy specifically though; all the top tier were ripping off melodies from other genres. Probably less than 50% of all hardcore has any original composition. It's always been a genre based on theft. I've hardly ever used an unoriginal/unaltered melody in any of my hardcore and I'm quietly proud of that. :P

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/11 21:03:30

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.36 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page