Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Moved: This forum has lost the plot
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  14:28:22  Show profile Send a private message
I've defended the people on this forum for a long, long time.

"We should respect the people on the forum because they love the music more than anyone else..." etc etc.

I've also met some amazing friends because of the forum.

But 90% of what I read on here these days is complete bollocks: utter misinformed drivel. It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion without it being derailed by some plum.

RIP the forum.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Claxton on 2016/10/10 14:28:56
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  14:45:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

"We should respect the people on the forum because they love the music more than anyone else..." etc etc.

But 90% of what I read on here these days is complete bollocks: utter misinformed drivel. It's impossible to have a meaningful discussion without it being derailed by some plum.

RIP the forum.

There's just not enough going on to talk about, especially if you're not even in the UK to attend Hardcore events on a regular basis.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:36:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
I don't think there's enough people posting to be honest so when someone does it usually means its the view of at least 10% of the active members. I do feel like you're more likely to be able to have a conversation about something negative here, though. You can't really do that on facebook, it's just morons saying how much they love X DJ/MC.

It's possible that it's overly negative... :D

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:42:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage
Oh, look at Claxton, sitting on his cloud of judgement, handing down life lessons to all the sinners.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:51:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:

RIP the forum.

You should have been here 2005-2010! This was the place to be!

Edited by - warped_candykid on 2016/10/10 15:52:03
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:51:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
well, at least guest doesnt post too much anymore

Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Jaybee has attended 24 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:57:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
quote:

RIP the forum.

Forever kicking myself for not being a member back then. I was mostly on the Socal Ravelinks forum...
I've had a lot of fun going back on this forum and finding old events, and reading about peoples past party experiences.
I learned that Japan even had booked the DJs before. I wish more of those threads had experiences on them!

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  15:58:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

I was on USH....

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  16:06:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Yeah, we get it, you're part of "the seen" now and criticism is not becoming.

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have a place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

And another thing: why is it that EDMcore isn't inspiring people to sign up and discuss it on here? Why hasn't it evoked the passion required to create online communities centered around it? Last I heard, Gammer had gone back to calling it happy hardcore. Happyhardcore.com seem like the perfect place to go and discuss it, no? But nobody cares enough about this new bollocks to get involved.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/10 16:31:20
Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  16:23:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

This is a fan forum. It's not our fault that, as fans, we see a lot more that's negative than positive about the hardcore scene circa 2016. And this is just the small number of us loyal enough to stick around and watch hardcore degenerate.

EDIT: Anyway, I agree that the forum dying wouldn't be the worst thing. Happy hardcore died in 2012 and this forum should reflect that fact.

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  16:25:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

RIP the forum.

I was on USH....

The 'real' place to be.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  16:33:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jaybee:
quote:

Disregard last part. I think it's great that we still have place that hasn't started mass-fellating Gammer and his ventures into who-knows-what-the-****-core. If I wanted an echo chamber, I'd go pretty much anywhere else on the internet to discuss hardcore. Seems like you just want everyone to accept the scraps we're fed like good little peons. Buy the music and shut the **** up, right? And, damnit, you better enjoy it or else!

I was fulling willing to accept Gammer's hipster ******** until I saw him talking shit about kandy kids (perhaps joking, but still).

If you've paid careful attention to discussions on his Facebook page over the last few years, you'll also find him chatting shit about '00s hardcore. He pretty much said his old music was shit. If that isn't spitting in the face of your fans, I don't know what is. And then he has the temerity to go and release not one but two albums full of that "shit" and charge good money for them. I stand by what I said in the infamous "Dear Gammer" drama. Except that these days, I think he's a dick as well.

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/10 16:35:21
Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  16:41:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage
I actually just started following a bunch of them on social media in the last week or so. Gammers twitter feed has me rolling sometimes, but I saw the conversations someone posted on facebook. I see that he loves to come perform in the states.... don't forget who made that possible for you!!!! ngl, my little kandy kid heart wishes I never saw him talking about us like that.... he was an icon to me, lol. I didn't realize he was closer to my age, so that explains his attitude I guess ??????

I'm very behind on things (Kinda left the 'scene' in 09) so sorry you all have to play catch-up with me!

edit: Yes, he does call it Happy Hardcore now, and he said he can "appropriate it all he wants" and "no one owns it" (insert kayne drop here)

Edited by - Jaybee on 2016/10/10 16:42:42
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  17:02:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
I actually just started following a bunch of them on social media in the last week or so. Gammers twitter feed has me rolling sometimes, but I saw the conversations someone posted on facebook. I see that he loves to come perform in the states.... don't forget who made that possible for you!!!! ngl, my little kandy kid heart wishes I never saw him talking about us like that.... he was an icon to me, lol. I didn't realize he was closer to my age, so that explains his attitude I guess ??????

I'm very behind on things (Kinda left the 'scene' in 09) so sorry you all have to play catch-up with me!

edit: Yes, he does call it Happy Hardcore now, and he said he can "appropriate it all he wants" and "no one owns it" (insert kayne drop here)

Haha. Well, most of my post is self-explanatory, I hope. But "Dear Gammer" was a comment I made on Pigface on his soundcloud that led to Gammer releasing the producer's equivalent of a diss track against me. And then I got death threats from Gammer stans. I still consider it all just banter though. I harbour absolutely no resentment towards Gammer over this. It was a funny day for me. I hate him because of his music and his personality; not because he made a funny response to a negative comment.

Here are the original pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/McTvf

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/10 17:10:17
Jaybee

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  17:13:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaybee's homepage
quote:
quote:

Haha. Well, most of my post is self-explanatory, I hope. But "Dear Gammer" was a comment I made on Pigface on his soundcloud that led to Gammer releasing the producer's equivalent of a diss track against me. And then I got death threats from Gammer stans. I still consider it all just banter though. I harbour absolutely no resentment towards Gammer over this. It was a funny day for me. I hate him because of his music and his personality; not because he made a funny response to a negative comment.

Here are the original pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/McTvf

LOL, he's always screen shotting the crap people say about him so he can sick his fans on them.
I'm playing Pigface now.... I don't like the name, and I don't like this sound. I don't think its one that is going to grow on me.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/10 :  18:36:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
quote:

Well to be fair, kandy kids are a big fucking joke, but it's not a good idea for him to criticize a group that is the sole reason he's popular in the US.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.25 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page