Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Events: Australia / New Zealand
 Searching for decent liquiders/poppers, Australia
 Printer friendly

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Torm3nt
Starting Member

Australia
5 posts
Posted - 2003/09/16 :  00:54:13  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Torm3nt's homepage
hey all. As most of us sydneysiders may know, the Utopia EMF is fast approaching (october 4th), and I have to say I am hell keen on this event. huge variety of music, thousands of people going nuts - gonna be hell fun.

anyways, the reason I'm posting is, I'm looking for anyone going to the Utopia EMF who can pop/liquid, and has at least 6 months behind them practising one, or many of the funk styles. If you do, please get in contact with me. Trying to organize a time where we can all get together and teach/battle each other in order to learn something new.

Hope to hear from yous soon! :D

Alert moderator
ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/09/16 :  21:14:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
Yeah I know some breakers...

I remember a while ago at Parramatta PCYC there used to be breaking sessions from about 3-7 on a friday arvo. Maybe you can find what you want there.

Be warned though, I learnt the hard way, that breakers break to hiphop. I got my ass kicked by a very serious hiphoper. Just feel the groove and have a mad time.

As for breaking at Utopia, hm.... I can't, I have breaked for ages. I'm so unfit, I can only do 1 handstand push-up these days. Just 1!! Then my nose starts bleeding from all the blood to my head :S

-=[ryg0r]=-

Alert moderator Go to top of page
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/09/17 :  01:03:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ tell me about it. I used to be so much lighter when I was 16; if I try to do a headspin now, my neck'll collapse under the weight.

Torm3nt
Starting Member

Australia
5 posts
Posted - 2003/09/17 :  01:39:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torm3nt's homepage
you guys are waaaay off track. yes, popping, and liquid were originally derived from breaking, but they're their own styles now, and I've never seen liquid done to hiphop.

anyone else?

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/09/17 :  01:52:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Torm3nt:
... I've never seen liquid done to hiphop.

I have, and it's a sight to behold. With all the breaks and stuff in the music, the liquid 'wave' takes on a life of its own.

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/09/17 :  15:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Torm3nt:
I've never seen liquid done to hiphop.
anyone else?

That's funny cause I remember my friend Annex showing me a few web forums devoted to Liquid/Popping dance styles etc. All the people on the page were into hip hop and rap, and had a strong distaste for ravers because we "stole their dance moves"...It's was kinda funny how they talked...they took it VERY seriously (each to his own i guess). If I find the site address I'll post it here later

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Torm3nt
Starting Member

Australia
5 posts
Posted - 2003/09/18 :  09:27:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torm3nt's homepage
I've seen popping done to hiphip, but not liquid. I can't see liquid being used in that sort of beat. Popping is easy, because each move incorporates "hits" to most beats. I would like to see it, however :)

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/09/25 :  22:21:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message
if you haven't seen it, you should really watch a BOTY video. BOTY, not booty. BOTY. Battle of the Year.

They are friken sick videos.

-=[ryg0r]=-

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/09/26 :  23:33:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
So how long you been into it torm3rt?

New EventPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.03 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page