Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 What to use?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
L Fraser
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 posts
Posted - 2005/06/07 :  17:27:23  Show profile Send a private message  Visit L Fraser's homepage
Ok I want to start making songs etc. I am just wondering what the best program is to start using?

I want to be able to make my own tune, add beats etc. Or mabye remix other songs?

Could anyway tell me any software to get and where I can get it from? Thanks

Alert moderator
ABET
Average Member

United Kingdom
233 posts
ABET has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/06/07 :  19:43:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ABET's homepage
Basically if you wanna buy your own program thats gunna cost you allot so if i was you i would use as many different programs as you can before you buy one. Cakewalk, Cubase and reason are proberbly the most well known programs and my personal favourite is cubase but I allso use reason sometimes.

Deffinately try before you buy in this case or at least get a demonstration of what variouse programs do.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Breekzy

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2005/06/08 :  11:27:06  Show profile  Send a private message
FL Studio 5, its simple to use and you will learn the basics very fast.

I use it on a day to day basis, some folks say its a kids toy but as I say its not the name that counts its what you do with it.

Also if you have not got hardware you can use your computer keyboard to knock up riffs in no time.

Give it ago mate, I know afew professionals that use fl to produce there tracks and the sounds they come up with are amazing.

eLASTIC
Advanced Member

Australia
637 posts
Posted - 2005/06/11 :  04:37:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit eLASTIC's homepage
yeah must say i only know how to use fruity and i reckon its plenty capable, infact i still dont really know how to use a lotta of the functions in there.

good thing is the user interface, just click, cut n paste etc.

........Juss Passn By ; )........

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Compulsion is verified hardcore artist Compulsion has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/06/13 :  19:23:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage
I run cubase along with reason (connected via rewire) along with various plugins and sound editing program's (sound forge, acid'pro, recycle and so on) takes a while to get ya head round it but once you do the fun never stops!

Got an oldschool akai sampler (for really ****ing up those kick's!!) and a couple of krk moniter's and a yamaha desk for my keyboard (when i get it!!) vocal's and any hardwear im running.

fairly basic as i dont have alot of room for gear but it does the job..

heres a pic !!

Edited by - Compulsion on 2005/06/13 19:26:14
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2005/06/15 :  20:11:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
We have exactly the same amp and sampler in one of the racks at college :) I've never got around to using the sampler though since it's not really neccesary (having software samplers etc), would you say it's worth using for anything though? If so i'll learn how to use it, it would useful to know how hardware samplers like that work :)
Just out of interest, what keybourd are you getting?:)
Also where did you get that rack from, and how much do they cost? I could do with one :)

The Deviant

United Kingdom
329 posts
Posted - 2005/06/19 :  11:33:58  Show profile  Send a private message
Just get Reason, and forget what people say, it is easy to use.

Adambomb337
Starting Member

United States
7 posts
Posted - 2005/06/21 :  13:23:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Adambomb337's homepage
I started with jeskola buzz (a free program) but it is very difficult to understand and will take you a while. I then went from that to FLstudio which was much better! And now I use FLstudio 5 rewired to cubase SX3 along with many high quality VSTs and samples.

FLstudio or Reason are the best to get as a starting program. I personally like FLstudio better. I've used Reason, Digital Performer, Cubase, Logic, and FLstudio (Fruity Loops) and I think FLstudio is best for beginners and easier to come up with a song. It makes production more fun and you can come up with ideas more easily. I still use FLstudio all the time and they are always upgrading it and I get the upgrades for free! It is becoming very powerful.

When you get better, you can move up to something like cubase, logic, sonar, etc. I chose cubase because it was one of the first sequencers ever made, they invented the VST, and it is cross platform (mac and pc) so I can work with anyone. Logic is very powerful but it isn't being made for pc anymore...

If you are going to get into remixing, you will probably need a wave editor like Soundforge, Adobe Audition, or Wavelab to clean up the sounds that people give you and do other technical editing and tweeking.
For now, you can use a free wave editor called "audacity" which will still do the job.

I hope that helps :)

- Adam Y.

http://www.KingdomAgeAudio.com

http://www.KingdomAgeAudio.com

L Fraser
Starting Member

United Kingdom
7 posts
Posted - 2005/06/27 :  15:07:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit L Fraser's homepage
Well I have fruity loops but haven't a clue how to use it. I can't find where I could get a trial or a demostration on how any of the programs work?

dj_excy
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,995 posts

197 hardcore releases
dj_excy has donated money to the site dj_excy has attended 6 events
Posted - 2005/06/27 :  16:15:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dj_excy's homepage
i use reason in college and it is quite easy to use! and i also use protools.

chill out and take some hash coz excy's out 2get ****in mashed!!
------------------------------
http://www.acidplanet.com/dj_excy

http://www.imodownload.com/
------------------------------

Compulsion

United States
253 posts
Compulsion is verified hardcore artist Compulsion has attended 4 events
Posted - 2005/06/29 :  11:22:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Compulsion's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
We have exactly the same amp and sampler in one of the racks at college :) I've never got around to using the sampler though since it's not really neccesary (having software samplers etc), would you say it's worth using for anything though? If so i'll learn how to use it, it would useful to know how hardware samplers like that work :)
Just out of interest, what keybourd are you getting?:)
Also where did you get that rack from, and how much do they cost? I could do with one :)

its good for distorting ya kicks and getting a nice fat round sound .. i love it !!
gives things that oldschool buzz to it :O):O) they cost about 250 -

keyboard im getting is called roland jp8000 or rack mounted 8080 for saving space :O)

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.27 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page