Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Want to be in Mixmag?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Duncan
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  05:03:47  Show profile Send a private message
Hi, I'm writing an article on the hardcore scene for Mixmag. I'd like to talk to some ravers over the phone and find out, well, what its all about. Anyone who's interested should e-mail me their telephone number and I'll phone them for a quick interview.
Cheers,
Dunc

Alert moderator
Insider
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  08:13:01  Show profile  Send a private message
Remember Mixmag slagging of the UK hardcore scene back in the mid 90's... and remember them slagging of The Prodigy?All of a sudden Mixmag are interested in the scene again.

No thanks! Mixmag support we dont need.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  08:44:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
-prays hardcore doesnt become the new trendy fad-

"We'll always be together; however far it seems. We'll always be together; together in electric dreams. "

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  17:36:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
why don't they find a journalist or get someone freelance to write the article who actually KNOWS something about the hardcore scene??? rather than writing it from the outside, which always comes out retarded.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  20:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message
ask nick! he's been around forever

"Cuz I'm hardcore, heavyweight, magical man."

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:31:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Or Sarge.....he stuck with writing for the Hardcore scene after all other mags had dropped it!!!

Matthew aka Cyclone/Underloop
--------------------------
"Turn that shit up!!!!!"

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:37:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
they also had a pop at us as well, but fair play, Sesame's Treet was right in the line of fire and if we truly believed we werent going to get that treatment from somewhere, thenwe were just being stupid.

However, Prodigy was a different matter. If I remember rightly they did get a pounding and quite wrongly so. They went on to make the music industry proud again with track after track of quality stuff.... I don't think Liam has spoken to them since.

Overall, in my experience, (because I'm well old you know! thanks for reminding me BrianK LOL), the majority of people think hardcore as a childish genre, worthy of no respect, and we aint ever going to change that, so if Mixmag are going to stand up and say..."no....we think hardcores great and the rest of our readership is wrong !" then I'll eat the first copy off the printstand, and get sponsored for charity.

There ya go....

I reckon it will be a short article, quarter page at most, outling that hardcore still around despite being caned by everyone, and almost finished in the 90's. Then they'll mention the bad old days about trumpton, charly, sesame street etc etc and how we've moved on... then it'll be "Shooting Star" and flip & fill...

ad nauseum <yawn>

See what happens when Cat Deeley says "Hardcore" on national TV??

I've heard Duncan that you'll be calling me... I'm not being off, but I gave up interviews after being asked one thing then reading something else....Remember the Essex boys scenarios? When all you journos would get us into a pub on the pretext of talking about our music and then ask silly questions about white stillettos and XR3i's? Then make us do silly photos on the pretext that it'll look "cool" then put them under a headline...."See... we told you they were dickheads!". You don't need any interviews, you'll write what you want to write anyway. Go on... prove me wrong. Say something positive about hardcore.

Kg4 has it right...... That's what kills hardcore, and to everyone reading this board, if hardcore does pick up, and strange producers start making it, don't buy their records. Simple. We've survived without any press hype, and we certainly don't need it to continue.

cheers

Nick.

Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:39:18  Show profile  Send a private message
the article's gonna come out with or without our input, so why not speak to him & at least put your views/opinions across, I've spoken to him & he was unaware of many things in the scene so I told him-if this isnt done then it could be very detrimental, (it's always best to have the media on side-remember the Daily Mail have twice ran campaigns to have raves closed/laws changed regarding them.)

Hardcore family never dies.

DJHB
Starting Member

Chad
4 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  02:16:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJHB's homepage
Hey Duncan, I know of a better site where you could ask for info. www.ush.net this site will be full of people who want to help!!

MICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voltage

United Kingdom
94 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  02:28:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Voltage's homepage
I had a good chat with Duncan, he seemed genuine enough. So what if they had something against hardcore a few years back.. to be honest, I can fully see why outsiders took the piss out of hardcore back then, the music had alot less credibility than it does now. That doesnt mean to say I didnt love it back then, just stating a fact! Hardcore needs more of the good publicity it has acheieved recently, the scene still has a long way to go.

If you become complacent at this stage, the scene will lose out won't it?

I have just read Nick's post and hope with him that they are showing a genuine interest. The good thing is that since the new scene erupted, it left behind most of the negative aspects, i.e. pop rip offs made in 1hr.. things that left the scene open to ridicule. There are no similar negative aspects anymore, so if things like this do get reported, they are either talking about the past, or they are spinning untruths with the intent to ridicule & create sales... coz lets face it.. everyone likes a laugh at anothers expense don't they?

Forward to the New School.

Edited by - Voltage on 2002/07/31 03:38:53
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  03:35:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
DJHB: A better place to ask info? Bah ... loads of people here :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  03:37:14  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage
Well, I do hope I'm wrong, and Duncan, make sure you prove me wrong by writing something positive. There's great people here who are passionate about the music they love, and will give you all the info and time you need. Don't let them down.

Nick.

DJHB
Starting Member

Chad
4 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  03:51:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJHB's homepage
Silver - Nah I didn't mean in that way;-) You get people jumping down each others throats for fun on there, plenty of posting before thinking, just meant he would get a far rougher ride;-) Then again maybe he has heard of USH and that is why he didn't post on there:-D

MICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  04:23:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Nick of Blaze!:

See what happens when Cat Deeley says "Hardcore" on national TV??

Blimey out of all the presenters that I've heard say Shooting star was originally a house or Trance track....I am well suprised that possibly the dumbest (but best looking) presenter gets it right.....Maybe she's clever and beutiful wow.

Anyways I too remember the slating that Prodigy got and look at Prodigy now!!!!! Mixmag eat your bad words about the Prodigy...... How serious can a magazine be if first they ask for an interview and then they slate the topic of the interview?!!!!! Whats the sense in this?!!!!! Lets have something good said about our scene you never know Mixmag if you give our music a listen you might (only a slight chance here) even like it.

Sy.

raz power
Starting Member

United Kingdom
3 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  05:05:51  Show profile  Send a private message
mx mag eh!!!!!! bah.... the amount of times ive seen piss take photos off workers jackets glowsticks and white gloves in that mag is more that i acctually giv a shit about!!! i even saw an article wen oldskool made it's commercial apperence a few months back with a double page spread on the essential gear 4 it, like it was sum sunday ****in suppliments fasion pages!! if ya gonna do a decent un-biased article..... fair play... but if ur gonna take the piss or promote our music as the next big craze u can **** off back ur gatecrasher and take ya pink fluff an ya cyber gear wit ya.

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  05:24:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
The best way to keep real hardcore going is to avoid selling it to those who don't care about keeping its integrity. Save it for those who truly love it and respect it. It will grow slowly that way and stay true.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.53 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page