How did you get into happy hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
ket

Australia
52 posts
Posted - 2001/12/07 :  19:15:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Man! you guys are making me feel such a newbie! I just found Happy Hardcore last year when I was looking at mp3.com for electronica and stumbled upon duppy, and I was like wtf!!! this stuff r0x0rs!! I then found phosphor and was like omfg, spoot! and I've been loving it ever since :) Although I haven't found and HHC compilations at stores though, I've only got two original cd's, both of which I sent off to phosphor for... :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Soren

United States
499 posts
Posted - 2001/12/07 :  21:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yo Yo, I gots involved in that HHC stuff like way late, like in '88, like before it existed yo'. Like i was 6 and my "friend, brother, mom" was jammin out, and I was like YO' I be down with the underground!

I love these types of posts cause no one ever got "involved" with raves, liquid, hhc later than '92. Now im just a jaded biznatch so ignore all that I say, but I find it funny that i started raving in '95 and out of 100's of people i've known only like 2-3 are still even going to like 1 rave per year and no one really cares too much about raves/music anymore.... But no one ever started raving after '92.

Again, I just a big jaded dick, but i'm pretty sick of meeting ppls at raves that have been "going to raves since '91" and "love dancing" and are there taking like 4 pills and they have no clue how to dance and are full of S&#T.

(this concludes Soren's daily "im a pisssed off, jaded, bitch raver" rant of the day)

^_^

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/12/07 :  22:04:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
in 88 there was no hh
on the earliest 90,91 but that was breakbeat with piano.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

djtate

United Kingdom
138 posts
Posted - 2001/12/08 :  12:00:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djtate's homepage  Reply with quote
when i was about 13 or 14 i brought a cd then my boyfriend i met was into hardcore so i started listening to tapes and they are much better than Cds i then went to a rave.

Like Micheal Jackson I 'm a lyrical thriller Jack Nickloson I 'm a hardcore killer like Peter Pan iam the boy who can fly like a 747 right up to the sky

This is well old now. Aint been on this for years, gonna leavemy profile like this for a while x

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2001/12/10 :  04:46:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage  Reply with quote
I was listning to old skool from about 92. I heard my first hhc tape in 95/96. I couldn't get hold of anymore till 97 when my m8 gave me a best of british happy hardcore cd by fusion. This was mixed by sy and unknown and was the nuts. It had choons like Pretty green eyes and setting you free.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2001/12/10 :  09:18:18  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
ket: make sure you purchase the phosphor remix of 'til the day :)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2001/12/10 :  09:28:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
[quote]Originally posted by silver:

ket: make sure you purchase the phosphor remix of 'til the day :)

i am gonna buy it when it is out :)

You can't see me,because i am the future.

ket

Australia
52 posts
Posted - 2001/12/13 :  20:30:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Silver: I will when I have the money... I have no money, no job, it's friday and I ain't got s%#t to do :) any of you guys wanna pay me for doing nmothing I won't say no...

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2001/12/15 :  07:33:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage  Reply with quote
I got into happy hardcore a few months ago.....we were at my mates house,there were about 25 of us in his front room and this kid called moody brought the slammin' vinyl hardcore 12 pack live at the sanctuary he put sy on,we listened to the tape 3 times over.I thought it was great so I borrowed the set from him.After that I was hooked.....and I downloaded a shitload of songs and live performances from audiogalaxy and here I am.Not bad for a first post eh?

tommo-living proof that newbies kick ass.

xxhappyxx

United Kingdom
363 posts
Posted - 2001/12/16 :  11:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
it was after this company 'ultra vegas' came 2 a few clubs in my area, n mainly hard house was played, bt a little happy hardcore was 2, n every1 was like wow happyhardcore! bt then that kinda died down after a few months n every1 went bk to their hard house/trance bt i was still like, yay hhc! n i still love the music just as much!

'come fly my child 2 a special place, with angels in the sky, the time has come 2 fly!'

theraver
Starting Member

United States
3 posts
Posted - 2001/12/20 :  14:14:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I heard a friend of mine talking a bout it so i just decited 2 join 2 c how it was and till now its been aight

dj tricks e

United Kingdom
83 posts
Posted - 2001/12/20 :  18:58:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I got into hardcore when i was about 12 some mate took a tape into school but i cant remember what it was but ive been into it ever since and i have got to that stage of when people think of me they think of hardcore which is not suprising to me.

I was walking through the jungle with the mic in me hand I said oh hardcore raver I'm the king of the land. Looked in a tree, what did I see. Every mother ****a on XTC

ket

Australia
52 posts
Posted - 2002/01/17 :  15:00:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Alright! I have a job, got into uni and got my provisionals... all in a week... now I can get the Til the day thingamybobs... just gotta find out how to :P

FinnHawk

Canada
25 posts
Posted - 2002/01/31 :  15:04:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Thru Freeform (ie. Trancecore)

I'm not actually a big fan of most Happycore... Too cheesy and formulaic for me... But now that I've starting spinning Freeform, I've started looking for quality Happycore tracks from the trancier side of Happycore... I prefer stuff without vocals or pianos, but then that barely makes it Happycore anymore, right? I also do enjoy the oldskool Happycore/Jungle that uses BOTH 4-4 beat AND a jungle breakbeats.

Freeform/Trancecore is the future of Hardcore, IMO!

Peace,

Sal

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/02/02 :  21:37:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Soz to dig up old post but thought id let u all know how....
My big sis used to pump it out of her room and i was bout 11 and would jump round to it and from then on Ive loved the stuff.

-=Im floating through the galaxy, all the stars in front of me=-

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page