Total online 1462
 Radio listeners 167+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Yet another question about DJing from me...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Peter_Gozenya

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/04/05 :  09:49:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
<~~~~~~~ Loves his techs pitched 16 over, it is the only way to go if you play HHC. But i would recomend to do it after your warranty expires.

Just cause your smart doesn't mean you can't act stupid!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/04/05 :  14:09:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
I've had 2 626's and found they're ok for a budget mixer. I've got ortofon cartridges and they never skip, but at £90 a pair then they might be a bit out of your range.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

Peter_Gozenya

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/04/09 :  10:06:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
ortofons suck butt. They eat your records up and thier sound reproduction is a joke. You need to get the shure M44-G These are the best carts. out there, other than the Shure M44-7.

DiamondDog

United Kingdom
250 posts

12 hardcore releases
DiamondDog has attended 3 events
Posted - 2002/04/09 :  12:29:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DiamondDog's homepage  Reply with quote
Are you talking about the same ortofons as me? I'm talking about concordes, often thought of as one of the best cartridges available with excellent sound reproduction.

Would Tommy Kirkwood, and Lynne come to the surge tent out front immediately, this is proper urgent.

Every Tuesday 8-9.

Stomping as you like.

Peter_Gozenya

United States
49 posts
Posted - 2002/04/11 :  15:09:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yes we are talking about the same needles, the DJ's They eat your records up alot!!! However ortofon just released a revised version of all thier needles, I do not know how these ones match up compared to their older ones. But yeah ortofons are not the choice if you tend to play your records alot. The ortofon Night Club are AWSOME for recording though. I do have to give them that. But if you want your tracks to last a long time with hardley any sound loss, you shoud invest in the Shure M44-G, and if you scratch there is no better needle than the Shure M44-7. And as far as ortofons and record wear, I have experieced it first hand. With only 2.5 grams of weight ever ran, and skating at 0.

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/11 :  16:16:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
actually i'm just curious about something, and i figure this thread would be a good place to start...

someday i'd love to have the cash to get decks and learn to dj the happycore *purrrs*

but in the mean time! i'm poor and actually just ordered my first vinyl ever... (til the day ;)

i've actually got.. 2 turntables in my house.. just old crap from when my uncle was an audiophile i think... they of course have nothing for djing... in fact only one of them has +/- 10 pitch.. and it's a lil dial that's hidden away, lol

anyhoo! the point is, they haven't been used in a long ass time! and before i put til the day in (when i get it, lol) i'm thinking its gonna need at the very least a new needle... (mom doesn't want any lp's put in till it has one either, lol)
and... of course i'd like to be able to use one, just to listen to vinyl as i collect em ;)

anyhoo dunno if it matters but...
one is a 'C.E.C Chou Denki' direct drive... st630..... the other is a Sony PS-X7 also direct drive

how do i got about replacing needles? doooooooooooo i need a new 'cart' lol yes i'm a newbie to this...
and how do i know???
what should i look for?? etc?

Potatoe

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/11 :  16:40:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
try play a record on them. if the tone arm skates right across the record OR it sounds really awful when playing,then you need some new needles. if it's not broken then don't mend it,so if it plays with no problems leave it alone.

but be warned,needles aren't cheap coz they have a diamond chip on the end

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/11 :  18:05:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
fully aware that their expensive as heck
but also 100% sure i need new needles ;)

but that's the big part of my question
how can i tell if i need new heads as well??

Potatoe

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page