Printer friendly
Page: 
of 29

Author Thread  
treetherealest
Average Member

United States
151 posts
Posted - 2006/04/13 :  18:53:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit treetherealest's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by bulby_g:
quote:
Originally posted by treetherealest:

The drugs are making you paranoid :-P

Yeah one thing I'd never deny. Wasn't pills that done it though it was skunk.

I notice there's allot of words like "dependent" and "need" being thrown around, all the people I know (using pills!) don't have a drug problem they just use them once in a while recreationally. It's not like smoking, people who do pills don't have to drop 20 times a day just to get you through. I personally have never done drugs to get me through a hard time it's just something I choose to do once in a while to have a bit of fun... no different to any other recreational activity.

Fair play to you for not doing anything and all that but why think less of people who do?

because drugs are a selfish act, and it ruins the lives of people and the people around them.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/04/17 :  03:43:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

The drugs are making you paranoid :-P

Yeah one thing I'd never deny. Wasn't pills that done it though it was skunk.

I notice there's allot of words like "dependent" and "need" being thrown around, all the people I know (using pills!) don't have a drug problem they just use them once in a while recreationally. It's not like smoking, people who do pills don't have to drop 20 times a day just to get you through. I personally have never done drugs to get me through a hard time it's just something I choose to do once in a while to have a bit of fun... no different to any other recreational activity.

Fair play to you for not doing anything and all that but why think less of people who do?

because drugs are a selfish act, and it ruins the lives of people and the people around them.

Bull-shit, drug taking is no more selfish than any other self-indulgent act...

treetherealest
Average Member

United States
151 posts
Posted - 2006/04/17 :  19:00:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit treetherealest's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, go into more detail, because I disagree.

I mean let's say a self-indulgent act like masturbation..that doesn't hurt anybody..not even yourself.

However, drugs are damaging your body and can potentially kill you or **** you up and you can end up doing things that can harm yourself or others. So that's what makes it selfish. You are hurting yourself and/or others for your own pleasure. Even if you are hurting yourself, that can also hurt others if you have anybody who cares or depends on you.

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2006/04/17 :  22:02:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
However, drugs are damaging your body and can potentially kill you or **** you up and you can end up doing things that can harm yourself or others. So that's what makes it selfish. You are hurting yourself and/or others for your own pleasure. Even if you are hurting yourself, that can also hurt others if you have anybody who cares or depends on you.

I do agree with you to a certain level, where i'm living you just walk out the door and see people who's lifes are ruined by drink and drugs.

I've overdone things with both alcahol and substances at times of my life before and have felt the bad effects, loadsa the people i was best mates with growing up are now smackheads and have changed into totally different people.

Not everyones like that though as bulby says a lot of drug users especially with "rave" drugs, is a now and again thing for them. It doesnt effect the people that care about them cos they dont rub it in there face, and they keep on top of there life and support themselves by working.

One major question i want you to answer is do you see alcahol and tobacco in the category of "drugs" or do you think that there better or more acceptable than say coke and pills?

I do understand what your saying but your opinion will go down to zero credibility if you tell me that drink isnt as bad as a lot of class a drugs, for both what it does to people while there on it, addictions, and effects on other people around them. If you've ver been close to an alcaholic you'll no it's up with the worst of them, crack, smack and everything else included.

It may be a selfish pleasure but so's a lot of things, comparing drug abuse to wanking is stupid cos there not the same. A lot of other peoples pleasures may be seen as selfish in other ways, but people take risks its what we do.

Would you call someone who rides a motorbike selfish?

Someone who's hobby is boxing, rally driving or anything else with risks involved?

someone who eats a shit diet, always eating junk food?

back to the same point but someone who enjoys getting drunk and smoking fags?

Is our choice to do what we do at the end of the day, it is against the law and if we get caught we get the punishment. If i seriously thought my raving was gonna f*ck up my mum, dad, brother or whoevers life i'd stop it immediately. But there not stupid and would rather i get out and about and enjoy myself in raves, than go up the town where theres loads of pissed up nutters causing havoc every weekend.

Drug taking may be selfish and irresponsible, but thats what humans are.

Edited by - Chris B on 2006/04/23 12:35:44
imean-comeon
Starting Member

United Kingdom
5 posts
Posted - 2006/04/19 :  13:39:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
drugs are only bad if they are affecting you or those around you in a negative way. Anyone who has been to a rave will know that there is no bad vibe, just because many people take drugs at a rave doesnt mean that they are any less valid members of the scene or arnt as 'into it' as those who dont. Personally i could pick or choose whether or not i want to take an E at a rave, but sometimes i want my experience heightened a little because it is fun.

Sydney Shuffler
Starting Member

Australia
1 post
Posted - 2006/04/19 :  14:24:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Anyone who raves knows that those who don't pill are just as down with the scene as those who do. In fact I personally have a lot of respect for those who don't pop at raves, shows that they aren't there for the drugs, which the scene is ever so closely associated with. A rave is an experience about soooo many things; the music (arises too many emotions to describe), the people (best people you'll ever meet), too many to list. My point is that "e" at a rave is only to enhance the experience. A lot of ravers strictly limit taking pills to raves, and in that case I can't see any real problem with it.

treetherealest
Average Member

United States
151 posts
Posted - 2006/04/22 :  07:07:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit treetherealest's homepage  Reply with quote
For Baldo:

Just letting you know..I do think alcohol and cigarettes are just as bad and are included in "Drugs". I think alcohol and cigarettes are more dangerous than something like Marijuana are are about equal to other harder drugs.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2006/04/22 :  10:50:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Dependandt on the drug... Not all drugs damage ur body

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2006/04/23 :  12:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
For Baldo:

Just letting you know..I do think alcohol and cigarettes are just as bad and are included in "Drugs". I think alcohol and cigarettes are more dangerous than something like Marijuana are are about equal to other harder drugs.

agree with you totally then mate, i've done too much too young of a lot of things and it's slowly been effecting me badly. Been thinking quite a lot about it recently and its time i call it a day, atleast for a few months to get my head back on track.

Had some good advice from my best mate thats helped me make the desicion, he's from my original raving lot who all gave it up a few years back as they got bad effects from excessing too much. I still felt alright and have carried it on and they always told me it would catch up on me someday, i didnt listen but i think it's been slowly rotting my mind for years.

I'm gonna miss going out to see my mates but its more important i get sorted first, my best mates from the raves i'll still be in touch with and go see them anyway. Just one of those things my time has come, really not keen on the way most hardcores changed either and ravings began to feel more like a chure than a pleasure.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/04/24 :  11:42:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
For Baldo:

I have taken pills/MDMA, smoked skunk & fags and drunk for significant periods in my life (I've given up smoking entirely 2 years ago and do not drink or drop on a "problem" level anymore) and I have to say the one that done me (by far!) the most notable damage was skunk... So sorry to anyone that smokes it but I would say it's up there with the rest TBH. It left me with chronic depression, paranoia and memory loss, it also drove me to steal from family! God knows what filling my lungs with smoke from bongs and buckets done to my insides as well! This was of course on a bad level 1/8 to a 1/4 of skunk a day but still... Anyone who tries to say it isn't addictive is very wrong.

I completely agree that fags and alcohol are just as bad by the way im not trying to disprove that point :).

Ps. Taking drugs to a level that effects your friends and family is selfish and wrong yes (like my ganja problem!) but they can be used without effect to people around you.

Edited by - bulby_g on 2006/04/24 11:46:05
Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Posted - 2006/04/24 :  12:00:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Ps. Taking drugs to a level that effects your friends and family is selfish and wrong yes (like my ganja problem!) but they can be used without effect to people around you.

aye its about moderation tbh, i dunno its just time i have a break.

your right about skunk aswell, is a lotta shit i just want to get it all out my system for a few months.

I think the age you are when you start will matter a lot in the damage drugs do to your mind, i was getting wrecked at 14/15 and i've never really stopped. As i said i've been warned many times it would catch up on me and it has been just recently.

I've had many laughs aswell and not saying i'll never want to do it or rave again, just it might be a while as i'm not gonna ignore my brain telling me it's time to leave it alone.

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/04/24 :  13:12:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah is what happened to me mate it all caught up with me. I've just basically winded it all down as much as possible just drop at big parties and take relevant supplements to lower damage to the body & mind, gave up smoking, don't drink as much at the weekends and not at all in the week and it's done the world of good for me.

Don't regret any of my misspent youth though and would do it all again I should think :) Way I see it I may as well enjoy my time best I can.

dark_high

United Kingdom
60 posts
Posted - 2006/04/25 :  17:09:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
kills on pills (hey that rymes) - 4 a year
gange -0
promblem - none
alcohol - f**king millions
and thats a police report

someone dies from a pil overdose and its on the news someone dies from a alcohol binge and no one gives a shit (apart from famile and friends)

BUT the actual affects of x t c on the mind can cause paranoia which is very bad trust me but alcohol will make you violent which will affect more than one person

hardcorehopkins
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2006/05/13 :  18:43:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Well some people have had bad trips just from weed, some people take the effects. Personally i dont thinks its worth taking the risk. From all these studies and views it just goes to show how we still don't know all the effects of the drug so thats another reason why you shouldn't. But if you have tried it enjoyed it then it's your life so you choose how to live it. So it's all a matter of opinion and how you reacts to it.

hardcorehopkins
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2006/05/13 :  18:52:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
lol still have a little left to say... a bad trip is scarier than you think and when you're in it you feel like just coming out of it, but you are stuck in it which makes it scarier and you get bad thoughts its the worst thing most people will go through. But I am not REALLY for or against drugs, as I don't promote them, but I dont deny that a good high is a bad thing it would be wonderful, but you can have a bad trip. I also know that our scene may not have come about with the use of drugs (LSD, XTC) it's part of the history of hardcore and the whole rave scene if you do your research. Though they not neccessary I love the music and the scene without th drugs.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 29 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 23  24  25  26  27  28  29
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.64 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page