Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Is Hardstyle Hardcore?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Ravine has attended 13 events
Posted - 2006/11/06 :  23:09:45  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
What are your thoughts. Personally i think it is hardcore because it's the even HARDER version of hard house and hard dance. Sometimes a bit of hard trance. enVias doesn't think so though.

So what are your thoughts?

Alert moderator
Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2006/11/06 :  23:20:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
No, you don't get iced buns, scones and a nice cup of tea in Hardcore, whereas you do in Hardstyle

Alert moderator Go to top of page
ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  00:40:58  Show profile  Send a private message
Hardstyle is boring... ...

Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  04:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
But the hard bass kicks it in your face...HARD!!!

=(

ihaveduff
Advanced Member

Australia
944 posts

28 hardcore releases
ihaveduff has attended 11 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  05:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message
I find hardstyle is slow and not really interesting... prefer jumpstyle or hard trance to be honest... i'd agree that its a branch of hardcore... just not one i'm personally a fan of

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  09:19:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
It does borrow from hardcore but it isn't a type of hardcore no.

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  13:16:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
No, it's not Hardcore. Although, these days it's sounding more and more like it, which I find a shame as I think Hardstyle has lost it's originality a bit.

People are beginning to miss the old style sound with reverse basses etc and the sound has changed a lot since the name came about around 2000, but I suppose things have to progress. At least we can all still appreciate the classic Hardstyle tracks from a few years back.

I still love most aspects of Hardstyle nowadays, and of course the old sound too.

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  18:49:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
It's a hardtrance derivate, if I'm not mistaken.

guess some idiot decided he'd pull his bass through a noisegate and go steal old gabber samples and melodies and invent himself a new style for delussional ppl who wanna pretend they're hard shit but couldn't last an hour at a rave with real hard music.

you may have noticed... I don't like hardstyle all that much.

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  19:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
'Is Hardstyle HardCore?'

Well aint that the most retarded thing i have ever seen strung together, Hardstyle is Hardstyle Hardcore is Hardcore.. the in sertain ways are alike but have different tittles there for making them different also the Producing styles Speeds tones and various other asspects of each Style are different.

So in my eyes No they in no way relate to each other and in no way should be used in the same sentance.

Final thought = lol.

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  19:09:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:

guess some idiot decided he'd pull his bass through a noisegate and go steal old gabber samples and melodies and invent himself a new style for delussional ppl who wanna pretend they're hard shit but couldn't last an hour at a rave with real hard music.

Not all Hardstylers are delussional, kinda narrow minded view there dude, I listen to Hardstyle, but I also listen to harder stuff too, but that's not important, it's about the music and not a competition of whats harder etc.

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  20:06:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
quote:

Not all Hardstylers are delussional, kinda narrow minded view there dude, I listen to Hardstyle, but I also listen to harder stuff too, but that's not important, it's about the music and not a competition of whats harder etc.

yeah, I know i shouldn't generalise but all the ppl I've met who actually like hardstyle are stuck-up little *******s who keep dissing hardcore but can't stop blabbing about how hard the latest track of this ****up or that idiot is...

Hell, I've heard a few hardstyle tracks I like myself (2, to be exact) but a lot of the releases are simply perversions of tracks from the 90's and those ppl treat it like hardstyle is the best invention since hot friggin' water and sliced bread!

it just frustrates me immencely...

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  21:07:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
No, you don't get iced buns, scones and a nice cup of tea in Hardcore, whereas you do in Hardstyle

Or the Okey cokey!

dee_licious
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
513 posts
dee_licious has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/07 :  21:48:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dee_licious's homepage
I can see the advert for it now.....Some women in her fifties making a cup of tea, takes it and places it on the table with her friends around, offers them a chocolate eclair....then walks over to the MASSIVE sound system, and presses play and hardstyle comes blasting out! Closing scene, all these old biddies stomping round the kitchen table, waiting for the breakdown..........

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  09:42:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by capone13:
quote:

yeah, I know i shouldn't generalise but all the ppl I've met who actually like hardstyle are stuck-up little *******s who keep dissing hardcore but can't stop blabbing about how hard the latest track of this ****up or that idiot is...

Hell, I've heard a few hardstyle tracks I like myself (2, to be exact) but a lot of the releases are simply perversions of tracks from the 90's and those ppl treat it like hardstyle is the best invention since hot friggin' water and sliced bread!

it just frustrates me immencely...

Yeah dude, I see where you're coming from now, you get people like that in every genre though, just the way it is.

Ravine
Average Member

Australia
209 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  12:26:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ravine's homepage
I notice that too but i find it more prevalent with hardstyle and gabber...

I love all styles though =)

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  19:11:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
I think we have been led away from the main topic some where :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.77 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page