Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/05/23 :  18:13:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Fonz:

haha!!!

Get with the time kid!

Final Scracth is non exsitent now, no longer are any updates made availablie!

Serato finished off stantons attempt at a DVS solution, although Native Instruments have just released TRAKTOR SCRATCH wich is in no way connected to final crash! The only thing similar is that NI also made the software for the windows version (I believe v1.5+) of final crash!

And seriosly before buying any of NI's products (or stanton's) you should read up on the company, i for one would never give them (or stanton) another penny of my money!

...Well. You certainly misconstrued my point. It's entirely irrelevant what form of Final Scratch, Traktor Scratch, Serato Scratch, or whatever I'm referring to, I merely am referring to the technology in existence.

All of this was to prove the point that there is such a thing as a PC-DJ and that Rankin is not one.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/05/23 :  18:43:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
DJ Rankin is a ****ing joke! He's a disgrace to all the legends who fought to create the scene that we all love today! With people like that fanny gettin a name for his self it doesn't look to good for the future of the scene! How someone can get good hardcore vibez from his rip off tunes? Makes me really sad:(

dparkster
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
dparkster has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/24 :  13:21:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think DJ Rankin is a waaste of space who should be stung up by the ballz for his sins to good music turning it into garbage nonsensical noise, all in all the man is a dickhead and AATW should be ashamed of themselves for even associating with the fraudster.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2007/05/24 :  17:28:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
well said mate! It's ****s like him who give hardcore a bad name!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/05/24 :  20:28:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
and drugs dont?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Jayfive

United Kingdom
108 posts
Posted - 2007/05/24 :  22:04:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Originally posted by bent_bananna:
surely someone on here must know someone, who knows someone else, who knows Rankin. It'd be good if he came on here and aired his views

I have emailed him for comment, nothing yet.

Dont hold your breath for a reply. Rankin's too cowardly to come on any forum but his own. And even when one of his cronies do, they use fake account defending him.

Heres one comment Rankin himself posted on his forum. The content and the fact the moderators on his own forum removed it speaks volumes:

quote:
Well hello troops! sorry ive not been on the new site much this is my first time ive been busy on tour l8ly rockin to the masses as always! Anyways welcome to the forums i will have some free stuff to giveaway soon for valued members , members that post over 500 msgs will be given prizes in the next few months so get posting! More info on this will be posted by the Administrator soon! well a little update ive been touring europe l8ly just returned to scotland and played in dunfermline it was rocking as always , gotta love the home crowds! For any of you thats heard this crazy truth bull kicking around trying to bring the new generation of Djs down , lmao wot a lot of junk , first off these guys dont have there facts right secondly wtf do most djs do when they start off djing? BOOTLEG its not like theres profit made from it it is simply a HOBBIE and if ppl are enjoying it wheres the harm? I must say its so funny how i get abuse from bootleg "DJS" doing what i done when i was 13 telling me that i am a theif??? WTF lol and you have made your own songs ?? NO you chuck an acapella here and there just the same! Have i produced my own songs YES!but for there info i now produce my own material like i said ,have mastered turntables cdjs etc in all aspects so wotever man dont hate the player hate the game! As you no my album will be out soon more info will be posted on this soon ! I am also workin with Micky Modelle ( Dancing In The Dark ) in ireland right now on some stuff etc more info soon. I must say a MASSIVE MASSIVE thanx and Respect to all the loyal fans out there keeping it real thanx for your support and i promise every1 of you i will repay you as best as i can for it you guys RULE and you no it!
For now KEEP IT REAL AND ENJOY THE FORUMS TROOPS !!!

I dont think I can even begin to point out whats wrong with that quote...

Edited by - Jayfive on 2007/05/24 22:06:28
dagapman

Canada
311 posts

101 hardcore releases
dagapman has attended 23 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  01:17:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dagapman's homepage  Reply with quote
wow i almost died when i watched the youtube videos about this
it hurts to listen to that "music" Rankin "made"
i'd rather stab forks in my ears
or stab rankin's balls with the forks,
whichever brings faster relief

big disappointment is AATW
BOOOO ON AATW

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  08:47:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage  Reply with quote
I hope he dances with gay saliors like whigfield did in sexy eyes

Edited by - DarrenJ on 2007/05/25 08:48:51
Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Dj Fonz has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  14:16:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
quote:

haha!!!

Get with the time kid!

Final Scracth is non exsitent now, no longer are any updates made availablie!

Serato finished off stantons attempt at a DVS solution, although Native Instruments have just released TRAKTOR SCRATCH wich is in no way connected to final crash! The only thing similar is that NI also made the software for the windows version (I believe v1.5+) of final crash!

And seriosly before buying any of NI's products (or stanton's) you should read up on the company, i for one would never give them (or stanton) another penny of my money!

...Well. You certainly misconstrued my point. It's entirely irrelevant what form of Final Scratch, Traktor Scratch, Serato Scratch, or whatever I'm referring to, I merely am referring to the technology in existence.

All of this was to prove the point that there is such a thing as a PC-DJ and that Rankin is not one.

Nah mate i never misconstrued your point, YOU STATED FINAL SCRATCH, and as that is a trademarked brand i assumed your were talking about final scratch. If you had stated a DVS then there would have been no confusing!

And i would NOT call some one that use Torq, SSL, Final Crash, etc a PC-DJ! Sure you use a pc (or mac) but thats not really the point is it, YOU STILL NEED TT's OR CDJ's

I use SSL and i don't appreciate being label the same as a real PC-DJ, imo i am a real dj but if you just use a software program then i am sorry to say no matter how good you can make mix cds in your bedroom you are not a real dj!

Edited by - Dj Fonz on 2007/05/25 14:20:57
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  14:33:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
^^Even if I perform live then?

You need to re-evaluate your definition of a DJ, because it doesn't hold up anymore.

Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  15:17:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
You use a computer when playing live? thats great i am happy it works for you but please be under no illusion you are still not a dj! Your are more like a human windows media player! Don't know if you have a dj name but i think dj winamp might be suited to you! haha

A real dj need at least 1 of the following or 1 of each

2 x TT's
2 x CDJ's

And then a must is a mixer, you do not have or use this equipment then you are not djing! No matter how you look at it these are essential pieces of equpiment for the job!

If you honestly think cause you can click on the mouse a few times that makes you a dj then you are either ****ed in the head, on some form of strong medication or just on hard drugs!

Now just for argument sake can you name some famous dj's that use a computer and nothing more when djing? And i mean famous not your 13 year old mate who has d/l some crap program and some tracks from limewire!

Rather than call your self a dj i think seriously at most a music programmer but dj come on man face up to the facts!!

quote:
You need to re-evaluate your definition of a DJ, because it doesn't hold up anymore.

The meaning of dj is disc jockey. Correct?

when the saying started disc in disc jockey refered to vinyl although now cds would also be considered "discs", yes i use SSL so i spin aiff/wav files but heres the thing to do that i use a CONTROL VINYL and until you do the same...................

Edited by - Dj Fonz on 2007/05/25 15:27:14
Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  15:32:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage  Reply with quote
1. **** off.

2. I have complete control. We've been over this. Believe it or not, but the program I use, as I've stated, emulates turntables and has a built in mixer. Times are a changin'. It's no longer necessary to have the clunky hardware.

3. You don't know me, I don't know you. Let's leave it at that.

4. Perhaps if you took your own head out of your ass you'd realize that I'm not arguing with you about most of your points. I'm only trying to say that I'm a DJ because I mix live and have complete control over the songs that I buy. To insinuate that I illegaly download songs is not only an insult to my character, it's blatantly wrong. In fact, I buy vinyl! Isn't that a quandary?

5. In the end I think that I'll let you be an *******, and let other people judge my character.

6. I'm no longer posting on this thread.

Edited by - Leto on 2007/05/25 15:36:08
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  15:58:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage  Reply with quote
whoever is saying someone using Final Scratch isn't a real DJ is an idiot

FS is just like mixing on vinyl

With that said, DJs that mix using sequencing software or don't "mix live" aren't DJs IMO. If you're not programming the mix in real time, you're just making a prerecorded mix CD. Lame.

However, you can mix in software with a usb/midi controller and do almost everything a vinyl DJ would do. PC DJs that actually mix are real DJs. However, it's pretty much impossible to mix on a PC without a midi/usb controller.

You need EQ knobs to mix properly.

And...you can do as much (if not more) on CDJs as on vinyl so whoever criticized CD DJs is an idiot. 99% of the top DJs in the world use CDs for the convenience factor.

Personally, I play about 90% vinyl and 10% CD and I prefer vinyl, but playing on CDs requires almost as much skill.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  16:11:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Now just for argument sake can you name some famous dj's that use a computer and nothing more when djing?

No response to my question?

Hey man we all make mistakes dont feel to bad

quote:
1. **** off.

2. I have complete control. We've been over this. Believe it or not, but the program I use, as I've stated, emulates turntables and has a built in mixer. Times are a changin'. It's no longer necessary to have the clunky hardware.

3. You don't know me, I don't know you. Let's leave it at that.

4. Perhaps if you took your own head out of your ass you'd realize that I'm not arguing with you about most of your points. I'm only trying to say that I'm a DJ because I mix live and have complete control over the songs that I buy. To insinuate that I illegaly download songs is not only an insult to my character, it's blatantly wrong. In fact, I buy vinyl! Isn't that a quandary?

5. In the end I think that I'll let you be an *******, and let other people judge my character.

6. I'm no longer posting on this thread.

1. thx, i love you to
2. if you want to be a real dj it is
3. i never said i did know you
4. a) read my other post i never insinuated anything about you, if you can not read english that ain't my problem b) my head aint up my arse but thx for your concern c) yes its good you buy vinyl now ju8st buy some TT's and even you can be a REAL dj
5. it was you that started with the insults, think i am an arsehole all you want! I have an opinion and if you don't like it basically it your tough shit! An personal opinion can't ever be wrong
6. so you won't answer the question i ask previous? i wonder why hmmmmm

Edited by - Dj Fonz on 2007/05/25 16:24:56
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  16:49:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
considering you guys ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. let me direct you to a thread/poll on ush.net that they are discussion, if PC-DJ's are real DJ's or not. Someone actually posted an image of a famous american DJ who uses a laptop live
http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=208650

Anyways, Saying that using Software is cheating is wrong. So, some DJ Software have auto-mix and stuff, but does it always work? well not for hardcore atleast (not the track's I've been trying it out with), so I'm still doing everything manually.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2007/05/25 16:51:10

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.92 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page