Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Rumors
 PCDJ's Become Less Populuar
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
CR
Starting Member

United Kingdom
6 posts
Posted - 2007/07/29 :  12:11:11  Show profile Send a private message
More And More People Are Said To Disliken PCDJs .... Theyy Believe For Real Hardcore You Go To An Event With MC'in Or DJ'in

http://z11.invisionfree.com/GFXPLUS

Alert moderator
Jay-Owen
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,436 posts
Jay-Owen has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/07/29 :  12:20:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jay-Owen's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CR:
More And More People Are Said To Disliken PCDJs .... Theyy Believe For Real Hardcore You Go To An Event With MC'in Or DJ'in

http://z11.invisionfree.com/GFXPLUS

I don't know. I don't give a ****. If there's good music I'll dance. I won't let my evening get wasted coz it's a PCDJ.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
n/a
Banned

0 posts
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  10:23:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit n/a's homepage
Wasnt this always going to happen ? As technology moved on, things would change. From vinyl to CD from CD to MP3

Who knows where it will end, who knows if it will end, the bottom line for me is this, you'll never replace the sound of vinyl, its got a sound of its own that is unique, the popping and the clicking of a vinyl for me holds memories, BUT the sound you get from CDJ's are crisp, clear and imo better. So for the DJ to use the original MP3 on a PC at a rave, to me isnt wrong. In fact, I think its Noisekick, who uses VDJ as it allows +34 on the pitch.

To me, I dont really mind how the music comes, yes vinyl has a distinct sound, and yes CD's have their own sound, but to me, now its 2007, who cares how the music is delievered, provided more and more places embrace hardcore, and stop labelling it drug music.

The DJ's have moved on, time the police and councils did too.

(Think I dragged that off topic, sorry)

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  11:31:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
unless ur a producer, why would u take a laptop to dj?

bulby_g
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,205 posts

430 hardcore releases
bulby_g has attended 55 events
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  11:38:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bulby_g's homepage
To be completely honest I do think DJ'ing in clubs or at raves should be kept to decks (CD or vinyl) unless it's a live PA.

Someone sat at a computer playing with a mouse on stage is just not the same.

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  12:52:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
Djs arent just there to play music. They are entertainment. Id like to see you pump up a crowd when all you have to do is click a button for the next track to mix it. Its about working the crowd just as much as the actual mixing. In my opinion being less involved with the music means your only doing half your job.

Plus how is anyone going to differentiate between good djs and bad ones if they all use a laptop? Ok to do it well can be difficult but compared to djing well on DECKS, turntables are in a completely different league.

Cotts
Advanced Member

Australia
917 posts
Cotts has donated money to the site Cotts has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  13:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cotts's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Influx:
Djs arent just there to play music. They are entertainment. Id like to see you pump up a crowd when all you have to do is click a button for the next track to mix it. Its about working the crowd just as much as the actual mixing. In my opinion being less involved with the music means your only doing half your job.

Plus how is anyone going to differentiate between good djs and bad ones if they all use a laptop? Ok to do it well can be difficult but compared to djing well on DECKS, turntables are in a completely different league.

Totally Agreed with that one.... I think its more the fact that you dont seem to be able to create that kind of energy behind a laptop. People look at you and its just not the same as being beind the 'Wheels Of Steel'

I started off mixing on a pc, most people do nowdays but I feel as though it should only be used as a progression for going to decks.

Thats my 2 cents.

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/09/06 :  18:20:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage
I should fu*king hope so too.

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/09/07 :  17:14:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage
To DJ is to perform. It's as much a show as it is a music showcase.

Im not slating a PCDJ in anyway but to a promoter its important. They gotta think about what the ravers wanna see, someone working the turntables & a mixer or watching the back of a laptop screen not knowing what the hell they are doing.

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/09/07 :  17:38:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
I think that also depends on what type of PC-DJ you are.

You can still perform and be a PC-DJ.

The coolest DJ's are ones that work computers in with real decks. :D

Mr igloo

United States
277 posts
Posted - 2007/09/07 :  18:06:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mr igloo's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Leto:
I think that also depends on what type of PC-DJ you are.

You can still perform and be a PC-DJ.

The coolest DJ's are ones that work computers in with real decks. :D

Ahhh, i see what you did there.

Leto
Advanced Member

United States
2,849 posts
Leto has donated money to the site Leto has attended 7 events
Posted - 2007/09/07 :  22:15:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leto's homepage
^^Defended myself and revealed my dream.

I will one day have Serato Scratch Live and good decks. One day!!

djscorch
Average Member

United Kingdom
223 posts
djscorch has donated money to the site djscorch has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/09/13 :  13:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscorch's homepage
Name me one hardcore event you have been to where they use a PC instead of decks...

n/a
Banned

0 posts
Posted - 2007/09/13 :  15:48:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit n/a's homepage
I see Noisekick using VDJ at events, and a few other Gabber DJ's do too. I think its due to the ability to go +34 on the pitch, something decks cannot do.

When CDJ's came out they got slated, as they were not vinyls, now they are accepted, the PC DJ is next in line to be slated, but then something new will come out again and that will be accepted.

Its modern technology ppl, living in the past really isnt an option anymore.

Serato Scratch is a prime example of the two being used as one, so you can turn up to an event with a flash drive of mp3's and 2 vinyls. Maybe thats the future.

__CMC__
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
593 posts
Posted - 2007/09/13 :  15:58:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit __CMC__'s homepage
^^^although its not recommended that you use a falsh drive, also need 4 sets of rca cables a usb cable and of course the SL1!

SSL is the shit! Best investment i have ever made:)

n/a
Banned

0 posts
Posted - 2007/09/15 :  01:54:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit n/a's homepage
Why cant you use a flash drive ? the mp3 gets loaded into RAM anyways.

As for the rest of what ya said, ive got no idea what it means

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page