Page: 
of 12

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/02/24 :  21:07:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:

Also, Sharkey being signed to AATW probably isn't a bad thing. He IS Sharkey, if anything he will add some diversity and spice to AATW's declining selection of original talent.

yea right. i'm sure the same was said about the others

"He IS Hixxy/Darren Styles/Breeze"

sorry but money does change ppl, good or bad and I think that his freeform style will diminish. but I do pray that it doesn't

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/02/24 :  22:20:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
Why do you think those artists have changed? Styles has ALWAYS had a commercial edge, whether he was on AATW or not. It's not like he joined AATW and said "time to make some really commercial, cheesy dance songs!" He always has, and probably always will. Now he's just marketed a lot more and for some reason that means he is "bad" and has "changed." Same with Hixxy, you blame it completely on the money but time is a huge factor too. Hixxy is a successful artists because he has changed with the times and the style of music. Just because his music isn't 95% of your type of "Hixxy," it doesn't make it bad. Stop wishing there will be another Bonkers 1 and get it in your head that Hixxy's style is hardcore. It may be more commercial, but honestly, what's so wrong with him being on AATW? It seems like as soon as something gets popular, it's time to let it go and move on to something new, obscure, and shitty. Bonkers will always be Bonkers, but that doesn't mean it won't change with time. Honestly, get over Bonkers 1. It was ****ing amazing, and my second most listened-to Bonkers... but it's not coming back. Bonkers has to shift with the times if we want it to continue to exist. To me, Bonkers is the ultimate symbol of hardcore. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Bonkers embodies hardcore for me. I never want to see it go, and if that means one remix of a pop song, I don't give a shit. It can still be amazing without the incessant whining that plagues every single post on this website from some hardcore fans that are still living in the days of '95. Yes, '95. ;]

If Hixxy, Sharkey, and Scott Brown are confirmed, I will have no worries about Bonkers. They are not stupid, and they know that hardcore is dwindling on its hinges with its current "mainstream" state. Bonkers represents everything that is NOT Clubland, and they won't let that change.

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2009/02/24 :  22:35:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
They are not stupid, and they know that hardcore is dwindling on its hinges with its current "mainstream" state. Bonkers represents everything that is NOT Clubland, and they won't let that change.

Money, mate. Money. Paid enough money and they'll do as AATW wishes.

I do agree with the rest you've said, though.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/02/24 :  23:12:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
i dont think sharkey would comprimise...

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  00:21:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
aatw are scum, they will completly ruin bonkers by naming it 18, why can't they just leave it at 17. and that will be that.

they could start again like what thunderdome did. example, bonkers chapter I, chapter II etc etc

finalfantasyraverbaby
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  01:10:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit finalfantasyraverbaby's homepage  Reply with quote
bin a fan of bonkerssince it started i do agree that hardcore is not that advertised or as around as clubland but i still hold hixxy sharkey dougal gammer and scott brown dear to heart rock on, HTID muther ****ers

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
this-is-bonkers has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  03:49:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
aatw are scum, they will completly ruin bonkers by naming it 18, why can't they just leave it at 17. and that will be that.

they could start again like what thunderdome did. example, bonkers chapter I, chapter II etc etc

Lets just give them a chance first eh?..

OMG This bonkers new has made me one happy pup ^^ i've been holding on this for nearly a year know!

lers hope for hixx, sharkey & dougal the best bonkers collabriation!!

may the frickin force be with you

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/02/25 :  04:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Trimms I don't know what compellled u 2 rant and have this Bitch-Fit of urs cuz i don't ever remember saying that hixxy's stuff sux.

i still like some of hixxy, DS and breeze's work, but their styles have had abundant changes since they joined AATW. and all i said is that $$$ changes ppl good or bad, i didn't make any names.

DeezeNuts

United States
60 posts
Posted - 2009/03/06 :  10:08:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DeezeNuts's homepage  Reply with quote
This is my first time posting on this website and I'd like to note the following:
Bonkers 15 is my favorite album and that the album art is AMAZING. They should adapt it's art from it onto the next bonkers because 17 looked retarded. Did you see Scott browns face? lol

For the love of GOD I really hope AATW do not advrtise bonkers 18 like they do with clubland albums.
They are extremely horrid and embarassing to anyone who likes hardcore.
Go google CXH 4 & 5 commercials and you'll see what I mean.

What record label was sharkey in before he was signed to aatw? To the people saying aatw will change sharkey's style are dumb. His style will remain awesome and he has proven that since the beginning of bonkers.

Other than that I am looking forward to bonkers 18 and crossing my fingers for Scott brown doing a gabber disk and DJ Darwin being one of the DJs. Now we wait as the saga continues.

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  18:04:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
Bonkers: The Saga Continues

i like that...

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  18:32:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:

i like that...

if it uses that name, it should include scott brown

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  19:22:35  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
quote:
Originally posted by this-is-bonkers:

i like that...

if it uses that name, it should include scott brown

That is a quality tune

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

AxelPanic

United States
285 posts
AxelPanic has attended 6 events
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  22:28:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AxelPanic's homepage  Reply with quote
good luck with that one. It would be cool to see another volume come out, but is the reason the right one? We can't have another if the track is whack or its just to have another bonkers.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  22:30:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
you do know that the next bonkers is on the way right?...its not a rumour - AATW have bought the brand, we're expecting it within the next two months...

this-is-bonkers
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
573 posts
Posted - 2009/03/09 :  23:37:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit this-is-bonkers's homepage  Reply with quote
yes we do...

you'de think if the rumoured release date (april 13th) is true we'de have some more info by know..

Wii Number
0906 7050 1201 7825

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 12 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.55 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page