Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Rumors
 Kandi Rayne Entertainment
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
RaversOnly

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2008/11/11 :  08:53:28  Show profile Send a private message  Visit RaversOnly's homepage
If you spin Happy Hardcore or UK Hardcore and you take a booking for Jenna and/or Kandi Rayne, you will NEVER spin at a future Candyball. And if I have my say, none of the promoters that book HHC shows, North American or overseas, will book you either! Jenna and Kandi Rayne is the BIGGEST reason, if not the only reason, international DJs do not take bookings in North America!

With that being said, I was only planning to make some phone calls and leave all the details out of it. However, this fat man, who was sober as can be and talked to the three lovely police officers, who were standing outside the party too, for almost 20 minutes, is no longer willing to be nice about this.

We got into town Friday night and went to promote Casper and Pikey's set, at Jenna's party the following night, at the party that was held at the same venue Rayne's World was to be held at. After promoting for a few hours, I get a text from Jenna. Apparently, she was upset we were in town without telling her and furthermore, she was upset we were at the party thrown against hers.

I explained to her, via text, that we were there promoting her party and did not get a text back the rest of the night. So after 4 hours of trying to talk people into coming out the next night, all we kept hearing was they could not afford it or they didn't support Jenna or her parties. After the party, we went to Tika's house for some after hours, which is of course where Pikey jumped on the decks for a few hours. By the end of his set, there were 20 – 30 kids telling us they had changed their minds and would be coming out to see Pikey at Rayne's World!

After getting some sleep, we ended up at Rukkus' house to watch the PPV fight and wait to hear from Jenna who had yet to give Casper or Pikey their set time. By the time Pikey finally got the text, it was 10:30 and there was no way he was leaving before the fight was over. So Casper went to the party to MC over Tika, who agreed to switch time slots with Pikey. While I waited with Pikey so he would have a ride to the party, my roommate went to the party with Casper and Rukkus who drove.

To my surprise, when I arrived at the venue, I found my roommate standing outside, in the 30 degree weather, with no jacket on. I asked why he was out there and he said that he was not allowed in as my plus 1 and in fact he had been standing outside waiting for me for over an hour. On top of that, Jenna told him that the only reason that I am on the guest list is that I drove Pikey and Casper to the party. I just about lost it right there on the spot!

I walked inside and when Jenna said "you must be Smoke" and shook my hand, I asked her why my roommate was not allowed into the party? She said there was some confusion with the guest list and told me to talk to Casey about it. So he stands up, introduces himself, and shakes my hand as I lean in and ask him the same question. When his reply was "I don't know", I looked at both of them and said…

"You have disrespected me for the last time; you will never book another Happy Hardcore DJ again! Go get Casper, I am leaving!"

I then turned around and went and stood in front of the Elks Club, which of course is the venue she rented for two INTERNATIONAL HEADLINERS in from the UK? I was standing five feet from the front door for almost 45 minutes and not once did either Jenna or Casey come outside and attempt to explain things, apologize, or make any attempt to smooth things over!

During the 45 minutes that I was standing in front of the Elks club, at least 15 people, who were at the Friday night party and/or after party, came out and asked what was going on. ALL of them offended that they paid $25 to go to that party JUST to see Pikey spin again, who of course was no longer going to spin there. The only good news is, not only did all of them get to see him spin for 3 full hours at the after party, but they all pitched in and came up with 170 bucks for Pikey to help cover the money he spent on his own hotel room. Pittsburgh ravers rock and deserve much better than Jenna and Kandi Rayne!

So why didn't Pikey spin?

Right after he got into my car, Pikey told me that he still wanted to spin. Moreover, despite all the ******** and drama, he actually offered to spin his set if she paid him the money that HE spent on HIS hotel room. Despite the fact that she STILL OWES BOTH HEADLINERS FROM HER LAST PARTY, he was willing to let Jenna send him his set fee and spin the set, all she had to do was give him the money HE SPENT OUT OF HIS POCKET for his hotel room. If you honestly believe Pikey didn't spin because he showed up drunk and Jenna made the decision not to allow him into her party to spin, than I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested in buying. You can ask everyone that was at the after hours, Pikey was not drunk by any measure and spun an amazing 3 hour set. Was he sober? Not completely. Pikey had a few drinks while we watched the pre-fights. However, he ran out of coke, to mix with his Jack Daniels of course, before the big fight even started. So he watched the entire 12 round main event without even a single drink to enjoy!

Jenna is the most unprofessional promoter I have ever met. From our very first contact, posted below, right through to her post on myspace, she cannot even find the time to write a proper email or thank you/explanation. I know I am not a smart man; I dropped out of high school a long, long time ago. At least I can type a proper sentence and at least I took the time to learn how to use a spell checker!

Seriously folks, are we still in third grade? Did she really call me fat? According to the US government, I am actually obese, but I know that and anyone who has met me knows that. I just hope that everyone in our little community, who is not as skinny as she is or in good shape like Casey is, was offended by her words in her own post defending herself. It makes me wonder what names she would have called me if I were gay?

She has no respect for those who help her out and cut her breaks and she has no business throwing parties in our scene!

I drove six hours each way just to save her the cost of two flights from New York City to Pittsburgh.

I didn't make her share the costs of Caspers and Pikeys flight to and from the UK, as I am doing with the promoters in AZ and CA who are booking the same DJs I am for my April party. Instead, I asked her to pay for the cost to change the tickets and only the cost to change the tickets.

Find me one promoter who would make that deal with her, just a week before their party, and I will kiss your ass!

Both Pikey and Casper stayed at my house the entire week between my party and her party.

Even if things worked out fine, I was still driving home Sunday night to get up and drive them to the airport, by 6am, Monday morning before going to work myself.

I bent over back words to make sure Pikey and Casper made that gig. From saving her money on the UK flights to saving her money on flights to and from Pittsburgh. I saved her money by letting the guys stay at my house instead of her having to put them in a hotel for the week.

I actually decided not to pay to change the tickets after finding out that she still owed one of her headliners, from her Tainted Halo party on the 26th of September. However, after talking to him TWICE on the phone he convinced me she deserved the chance, she was good people, and she would not **** me over.

So I paid 480.00 to change both plane tickets and wouldn't you know it, two days later I find out she still hasn't paid her other headliner from the Tainted Halo party either. I knew immediately then that I was going to regret getting involved with her, her party, and her booking of Casper and Pikey.

Despite the fact that she still owed money to two of her headliners from Tainted Halo, she plans another party?

Despite the fact that she still owed money to two of her headliners from Tainted Halo, she books two INTERNATIONAL headliners for her next party?

Despite the fact that she still owed money to two of her headliners from Tainted Halo and BEFORE confirming all the costs involved with both booking (flight shares with the original promoter they flew out for from the UK, hotel rooms for both DJs for over a week, flights to and from Pittsburgh or gas and a hotel for the person driving them out, and both of their set fees) she prints and advertises the flyer for her next party with the headliners on it?

"your roommate had to stand outside for an hour and a half until you got there?"

THAT is what this is ALL about?

NO, that was just the final straw.

Derek is a LONG time friend of mine. He has served his time in the USMC defending our country and recently moved into my apartment with me. If it not for me driving Casper and Pikey to the party, neither of us would have been there in the first place.

And once there according to Jenna, the only reason Smoke, who as you all know is the owner of Ravers Only, RaversOnly.com, and the person behind the Candyball parties, is only on the guest list because he drove the headliners all the way to Pittsburgh from NYC? On top of that, Smoke doesn't even get a plus one for driving her headliners 6 hours each way?

I guess she proved me a liar, because that in fact was not the last time she disrespected me was it?

Now I have to read that I am some fat guy that was wasted? Again I have to ask, what names would she have called me if I was gay? Or even better, what names would she have called me if I was black?

Jenna is immature, unprofessional, and has no business throwing parties in our scene! If you support her, you are supporting all that is wrong with the scene and the reason the scene has died out in so many cities across America, BAD PROMOTERS!

Here is all I have had to deal with since the first time she contacted me about this party, which as you can see for yourself, was only three weeks before her party and only two weeks before mine.

Scroll down to the bottom and read up, it will make more sense!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which brings us to here and now. I am out over 480.00 for flight changes. I am out almost 100 for gas to and from. And I spent 240 on a hotel for two nights.

Over 800 dollars out of pocket to be disrespected over and over again. All my trouble and efforts to be called some fat guy that is wasted?

My promise is stated at the top of this post, but here it is again in case you read this all.

If you spin Happy Hardcore or UK Hardcore and you take a booking for Jenna and/or Kandi Rayne, you will be giving up any chance to spin at a future Candyball.

Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 5:19 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: flyer question

hey i have a ?...i'm trying to make my own site. since i seen you have ravers only i thought i would ask you. how would i get started on making the site? do you have any suggestions or ideas? i wanna make one for around here since the one that is for here is nothing but drama..everyone hates it and i wanna create a fun place for people to come chat and post their events.

So that was the last contact we had until Friday night when I got a text from her while in Pittsburgh promoting HER party!!! And the above email was in my inbox when I got home. It is not enough for me to save her all the money I did. Not enough for me to play nice and work things out. Not enough for me to let Casper and Pikey stay at my house all week. Not enough for me to drive them to and from Pittsburgh.

But now I have to tell her how to make a website too? WTF???

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:03 PM
Subject: Re: sheeesh!

ha ha that would be a site to see. i do greatly appreciate the light you shed to me in emails. it means a lot. over here i have no one to show me the ways or advise me. everything i have done has been on my own and i have had to learn along the way.

i would like to also give you a little more insight on my tainted halo party. at the particular venue i was using, which i used 3 times (coincidentally taking til the 3rd time to learn a valuable lesson that im being burnt) i was charged 5 grand per use. everyone in the whole city said this was horrible. casue on top of that he got all sales from the bar, water, and i had to pay security.

initially my next party' raynes world, wasnt even gonna happen unitl i opened up to one of my djs about what i was paying for the venue. that particular dj felt really bad and just so happens to be friends with the venue owner for where it will be now. and needless to say i got the venue for close to nothing. literally i will have the venue paid with bout 4 people through the door. if it wasnt for this venue change i wasnt even gonna contiune on with the show until i could find a cheaper venue.

on another note i am a fantastic cook and all 3 of you are welcome at my house. there is a pretty good chance i will have the turntables up and running after this event anyway. and i am one bad mamma jamma at madden 09 if ya like video games!lol

jenna

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:49 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: Alex Thorne; Paul ([email protected]); Kevin Pike
Subject: RE: sheeesh!

Here is my problem, and it really isn't my problem. For starters, you can't say every single DJ because Paul has not yet received his money. And until he does, you can't say that because it simply isn't true. With that being said, as a business man who throws parties for a hobby and for fun, I would NEVER throw another party until the last one is completely paid for. And after all has been said and done and we are all caught up, I would never have the balls to ask someone to front me close to 500 when I owe one of their friends 400. I certainly wouldn't claim I can't come up with 500 in less than a week, to cover new costs, when you have promised to pay said friend back, less than 500, within that same time frame.

Again though, that isn't my problem. I believe you can cover the flight change costs off the door, no doubt about it. And I believe you can cover Pikey and Casper, now that I know their numbers. And if Paul, who has called me twice to vouch for you, wants to wait for his money and doesn't mind this situation, and Pikey and Casper don't mind me grabbing my money first, then I will make the changes tomorrow and life shall be grand.

Well not completely grand, I do have to put up with those ****s from the UK for an ENTIRE week at my place! LOL Casper eats A LOT, but at least he has stayed with me before so he already knows I walk around naked! lol

Kelly Duddridge aka Smoke

CEO - Ravers Only

www.RaversOnly.com

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:31 PM
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: sheeesh!

well as u can imagine this is all shocking news to me. i forwarded you an email i sent to kevin earlier.

i have paid every single dj that has ever played for one of my parties. every time. in an email i got only 2 hours ago i was told the ticket change price was 170 a piece, for a total of 340. so now i would like to know a definite price what the change would be so i know the right total. i am not sure why the prices went up when i was under the impression a week ago the changes were gonna be made when i talked to you.

if you honestly mean to tell me that you think im not gonna have a minimum of these fees (at 462, with a 25 at the door charge= a mere 18 people) within the first 5 mins of opening, i honestly dont know what to say. i have never once, not one time, had less than 300 people at a party. ever. and my djs get paid first before anyone. correct me if im wrong, but even if you add in the 400 for pikey, the 700 for casper, and the flight changes the total is only1562, which equals a miniscule 62 people through the door!

i can guarantee with utmost certainty i will have every single person paid and then some at this event. however what i cant guarantee is that i can just produce 4 or 500 bucks tonight or anytime soon for that matter, im a single mother of 3. there is just no way on such short notice for me to come up with $462. not even likely. if this were mentioned to me weeks ago and gave me a time limit, thats one thing. i couldve postponed a bill or something, but with no notice theres really nothing i can do.

i can get djs from all over the world to vouch for me. and all i have is my word. if this isnt good enough and you wanna cancel then let me know.

people are excited to see them play, but sadly enough it is unreasonable that i can produce the amount requested on such short notice. on the other hand, im sure i could come up with some amount within a week. but nothing this instant.

jenna

----- Original Message -----
To: "Kevin Pike" <[email protected]>, "kandi rayne entertainment" <[email protected]>
Cc: "mc casper" <[email protected]>, "Paul" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:16:19 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: RE: sheeesh!

Hey all,

I just talked with Orbitz over the phone. Since I bought Pikey and Casper's tickets at the same time with everyone else's ticket, I had to separate the tickets before I could change just the two of them.

So, with that step out of the way, I was able to get final numbers for the ticket changes.

With the service fee from Orbitz, the airline fee from Continental, and the adjustment for the price difference in the tickets, it comes out to a total of 231.00 per ticket to change the flights.

I was more than willing to make the changes and rely on Jenna to pay me back when we got to Pittsburgh, however, in light of the fact that she has yet to pay Paul for his Tainted Halo performance, I can no longer do that.

I have almost a full 25K out on my party now and can't justify putting out the change fees in hopes that Jenna will be able to cover the costs and pay me back when we arrive in Pittsburgh.

I am more than willing to make the ticket changes, and more than happy to make the drive out to Pittsburgh, if she can cover the costs upfront now. I assume the easiest way would be paypal at which my address is [email protected]

I recently received a call from Tranzit, vouching for Jenna, which is the only reason I am still willing to make the drive out to Pittsburgh at all. However, as I said just a minute ago, I can no longer agree to pay for the changes in exchange for a promise to be paid back.

Please let me know ASAP what to do here as the price difference may increase the longer we wait to change the tickets. If that does occur, I will cover the difference between the 231.00 quoted now to change the ticket and the new price to change the ticket. However, I will only do so if Jenna agrees to cover that difference upon our arrival to Pittsburgh and the receipt of the actual ticket change and final cost.

CEO - Ravers Only

www.RaversOnly.com

At this point, Jenna called me on the phone and we talked things out. On the phone, I agreed to make the changes on the tickets while charging her nothing more than my cost to make those changes. However, a day or two later I found out about her owning one of the Headliners from Tainted Halo and so I sent out the above email and got her reply.

Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 9:31 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Cc: Alex Thorne; Kevin Pike
Subject: RE: Website Contact Form

Jenna,

I don't feel I used many harsh words. I mean, unless you consider me harsh for warning/threatening to pull my DJs from your future lineups if I am not properly represented? But is there a nice way to say "or else"? This is your 2nd party in a row that you have thrown where a Ravers Only DJ was spinning while the Ravers Only logo wasn't put on the flyer!

I am not trying to make enemies either, and I am certainly not trying to offend you. But you didn't ask me if you could book any of the headliners from my party for your party, which shows me no respect. I know we are 5 hour drive apart, but I have already sold tickets in 20 states and pull my crowd from all over the country. So the whole "we are in different areas" doesn't work for me or my parties. If you live in the US, then we are in the same area and ANYONE in the US planning their parties around my party dates and planning to book talent from my lineup, need to discuss those plans and bookings with me. If for no other reason than to work things out in advance so I don't have to worry about this shit two weeks before my party!!!!!!!!! To make matter worse, you don't even bother to dig up the Ravers Only logo for your flyer and instead of simply saying "sorry, it won't happen again" when asked about it, your reply is "is I never got It"?

Getting passed the whole logo thing, to top it all off, while you have your flyer online and you are promoting your party already, you and I have yet to discuss the cost of the guys' flights from London and/or the cost of changing the dates on their tickets. Both of which are costs that you and I are supposed to share! So now with just over two weeks before my party, which I have over 20K out on and have been planning for over 6 months now, I have to deal with and worry about your party and this situation? With just two weeks to go before my party I now have to worry about changing the dates on two international plane tickets?

I now have to worry whether or not I will be able to collect money, for flights and flight changes and gas to and from Pittsburgh for a party I am DRIVING two international headliners to, from someone who has shown me and Ravers Only no respect? Someone who only contacted me and Ravers Only because they couldn't add their party to the events calendar on the Ravers Only website?

Again, I am not trying to pick a fight or offend you, but I am not 100% happy with this situation and I feel it is better to point out what has me on edge before I go over the edge and really offend. Honestly, I could have been much harsher and still can be. However, I am far passed the days of drama and ******** and would just as soon work this out peacefully rather than battle it out. Fighting solves nothing while communication paves the way for the future.

So I am sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention.

As you requested, I am attaching my logo for your future use. How do you wish to proceed with the plane tickets and such?

CEO - Ravers Only

www.RaversOnly.com

Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: Website Contact Form

well when i asked for the info to go on the flyer, whats on there now is what i got. and this would be the very first instance ever, in dealing with djs all over the world, that i didnt get all the info directly from the dj or booking agent themselves. so when i send an email out and say send me your logos and affiliations and what pics you want on the flyer, and i get an email back with just that, i have no reason to assume that there is more to the story.im not trying to make enemies or offend. its not like i have a problem putting anyones logo on a flyer. i dont know why you have to say so many harsh words as though i had bad intentions or something! it is not my fault one bit that i was only sent what was put on the flyer. and it does say ravers only underneath his name. this honestly is the first time i have ever had a problem like this in dealing with hundreds of djs. had this been pointed out to me sooner i could easily changed it.

how bout yousend me the logo and i will see what i can get done?

jenna
CEO - kandi rayne entertainment

To: "kandi rayne entertainment" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:06:44 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

??,

If you don't want to offend people or make enemies, next time do a little more work. Anytime a DJ or MC asked you to list someone as an affiliate and they don't give you their matching logos, then you HAVE to take the time and dig them up yourself. It sucks, I know, but I do it all the time. I wouldn't break your balls so much, but obviously we are talking about one of my guys. The next time you book a Ravers Only DJ or MC and the Ravers Only logo isn't on your flyer, my DJ wont spin and you will lose any and all future promotional support from Ravers Only!

CEO - Ravers Only

www.RaversOnly.com

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: Website Contact Form

i never received that logo and thats why its not on the flyer. i was told to put it on for his affiliation but i do not have a logo for it.

To: "kandi rayne entertainment" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:27:00 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

You have to email [email protected] and he will post it for you.

I noticed you have Casper on the flyer but no Ravers Only logo?

CEO - Ravers Only
www.RaversOnly.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:29 AM
Subject: Website Contact Form

Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted on Wednesday, October 15th, 2008 at 01:28 AM.

Address : 67.163.137.203
Name : kandi rayne
Email : [email protected]
Message : hey i tried posting up my next event but its not showing on the calendar can you tell me how to get it posted on there?

Alert moderator
Vitalism
Advanced Member

Canada
1,707 posts
Posted - 2008/11/11 :  19:42:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vitalism's homepage
i actually read about half of this, until the emails. you have every right to be pissed, i agree.

but you were saying she is acting like a child, and i have to say that the mudslinging on a public forum like this is... well... pretty childish too.

i feel bad for you. 800$ doesn't come too easily. i hope you can solve this somehow.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2008/11/11 :  19:53:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
I can pretty much say that the majority of people will not be arsed to read all this. I just don't have the patients either sorry.

RaversOnly

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2008/11/12 :  00:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaversOnly's homepage
It is not the 800 bucks bro, I make more than enough to piss on 800 bucks.

And I know not everyone will read it all and this is not the most professional way to spread this message, but it has to be spread. It is promoters like this that are driving our scene further and further into the ground.

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/11/12 :  03:49:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
i read it.

twice.

the other one was posted on nwtekno.org in seattle as well.

RaversOnly

United States
25 posts
Posted - 2008/11/12 :  20:05:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RaversOnly's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by TypeR:
i read it.

twice.

the other one was posted on nwtekno.org in seattle as well.

Thank you for taking the time, I have read it many times already lol

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/11/12 :  21:45:37  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
what a long post...

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/11/12 :  21:54:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by SPOOX:
I can pretty much say that the majority of people will not be arsed to read all this. I just don't have the patients either sorry.

well obviously if it doesn't apply to you, you're not going to read it. people across the pond might care...

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2008/11/13 :  00:11:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Wilky:
what a long post...

were you judging that by how many words there are?

here, let me sum it up for you english guys.

some UK Headlining talent got fcuked over. they didn't get paid. it would be safe to say that a lot of american djs got fcuked over as well (not that you would care anyway). The promoter is flakey and shady and won't come out of pocket and the original poster wanted to make sure that everyone knew about it. Being that we like having UK headliners over for a nice visit once in a while, we as promoters in america like to keep a good budding relationship with booking agents and UK hardcore djs alike.

sinse most big name hardcore djs read this forum and have to deal with promoters head on, information like this is vital in decision making.

does that make it easier on the eyes?

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page