Total online 1612
 Radio listeners 172+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 How did your Journey through Hardcore begin?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  19:03:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Must.....resist.....grooming comments....

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  19:27:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Doesn't surprise me that Jay has been hanging out with older men since his teen years! ;)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  19:38:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Ha ha! It did sound odd when I wrote it but I thought fcuk it, leave it in.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  21:30:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Ha ha! It did sound odd when I wrote it but I thought fcuk it, leave it in.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

*he

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  22:18:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Once all you lot have stopped bumming each other over HTID IT'S we need a get together!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  22:43:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
And bum each other.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2015/01/25 :  22:45:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Oops. I only meant to think that.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/01/26 :  00:33:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
LOL!!

I agree

but with which part......................

DJ2XL
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2015/01/26 :  16:04:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ2XL's homepage  Reply with quote
http://youtu.be/XYJZB51pvi4
One of the first...

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2015/01/26 :  18:23:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
First heard it on a pirate radio station in nottingham and thought the genre of music was called 'vibealite' as that was the local hardcore rave in Mansfield, then brought 'to the core magazine' and read a review of bonkers 1, went out and brought and never looked back.
I now live in Bristol where the hardcore scene is by far the best in the country,nowhere else even comes close, There was 'Absolute hardcore' at lakota last weekend, 'intolerance ultraviolet' at blue mountain next weekend, https://www.facebook.com/events/210144549127231/?sid_reminder=4539179458573107200 and hardcore heaven at motion the weekend after, and also there is 'totally ardcore', 'now thats what i called hardcore' and 'delerium', which all run regularly, it really is relentless.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2015/01/26 :  18:42:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
And not forgetting Bionic and Marc Smiths birthday bash.

Edited by - skarr on 2015/01/26 18:43:26
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/01/26 :  21:26:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
And not forgetting Bionic and Marc Smiths birthday bash.

I didn't realise there was so much going on in Bristol, I need to get my ass over to some of these events now I'm only an hour away :)

DJ A.K.
Average Member

United Kingdom
217 posts
Posted - 2015/01/27 :  12:26:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ A.K.'s homepage  Reply with quote
I was always into the Prodigy and dance music in general but i wasnt aware of "the scene" until someone lent me a Stu Allan @ Club Kinetic tape around 1994, then someone gav me a Lenny Dee tape from Tomorrows World.
I was in love with the music from the first moment I heard it, i always wondered why all these great tracks never get in the charts, Lol
Then a friend told me Stu Allan DJ'd on Key 103 sunday nights, couldnt believe hardcore was on the radio, mixes for free ! so I taped it every week. Started buying Kinetic, Helter Skelter and Dreamscape tape packs, also got Bonkers 3.
Then I got some turntables in 1997..... went to my first rave in 1998..... Happy Days

sense_of_hardcore

United Kingdom
45 posts
Posted - 2015/01/27 :  22:45:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sense_of_hardcore's homepage  Reply with quote
Growing up in late 90's early 2000's, I had always been interested Dance / Electronic music especially at that time trance music and then started listening to hard dance.

Then one day I was watching something on TV and then during the commercial break, I saw the advert for Original Hardcore 2 - Old Skool vs. Nu Skool mixed by Force & Styles and Sy & Unknown. Despite it lasting about 30 seconds, I thought it sounded awesome so the very next day I rushed to WHSmith to buy my copy and the moment I played Paul Elstak's - Don't Leave Me Alone, I loved the sound. That album was in my CD player for weeks and I tried to convince my friends (who were into the Trance scene) to start listening to more of this music, at first they were quite lukewarm but when the scene got more popular, they were asking me if they could borrow my albums and they developed much more of an interest.

I would save up a lot of my pocket money to buy hardcore albums including the Bonkers series and loved particularly the new sound at that time which blended trance music with classic hardcore elements perfectly. I even continued to find out about the release of the latest hardcore albums through ITV or Channel 4 commercial breaks

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/01/28 :  02:11:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by sense_of_hardcore:
I even continued to find out about the release of the latest hardcore albums through ITV or Channel 4 commercial breaks

Yes, I remember a time when the odd happy hardcore album advert would pop up from time to time. I'm certain the Bonkers 5 ad ran for a while.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.52 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page