of 4

Author Thread  
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  17:20:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
I don't mind the odd indulgence, but there *is* a limit to that.

The way I see some kids hit the substances, I can tell for a fact that they won't last in the scene any longer than, say, 6mths. It's probably a good thing, but unfortunately, for every drug-f***ed moron that burns out there's another 2 that step in and take their place. Thankfully some of them wake up to themselves and become the kind of people that you want to be around, but the sight of that many people f***ed up on that many pills can ruin the vibe of even the best party.

Everything in moderation, people ... not just for you, for the rest of us as well.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  17:28:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage  Reply with quote
I used to do drugs too much for my own good...but that was never my reason for going to raves. I've always loved the music, BUT when I started getting more interested in the DJing world and started buying vinyl, I realized that I couldn't buy both drugs and vinyl, it was getting too expensive...so one had to go, and it was the drugs... Now I have a HARDCORE vinyl addiction, and I don't regret my choice at all... It's nice not waking up every morning and having to call my friends and ask them how my previous night went.. SOBER is definitely the way to be. I still enjoy the music just as much as I did before, if not more. :) Drugs are bad!

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis *Fully representing the Underground*
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

AIM: JmeHHC or Jaide0123

Don Giovanni

Canada
290 posts

43 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/10 :  18:04:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Never taken any drug or smoked anything. never plan too.

If people want to use them, that's their choice. So long as they can keep some self control and aren't totally dependant on their drugs to have a good time, i don't have a problem with them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Together united as one indeed, WE ARE THE HARDCORE FAMILY!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B.C
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,747 posts

35 hardcore releases
B.C has donated money to the site B.C has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  00:27:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
the way i see it,the music is amazing and the atmosphere is amazing at raves.i agree u can hav a totally shit hot time sober but having a pill is like an added bonus. Ur nite just goes so much better and will be more memorable.

I hate this "Drugs are bad,if u do them then ur bad" attitude. Its up to the ppl wot they do and wot they take and ppl who hav never tried a pill and bump it r scum. How the hell can you judge something u hav never experienced. I used to be the exact same until i tred a pill,now i hav 1 about every fortnight and hav a healthy life. wots rong with that????

"The music was like new,black,polished chrome that came over the summer like liquid night"

1xtcraver

United Kingdom
50 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  02:32:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i absolutly love hardcore and so do my mates it's the only music we listen to. pills and speed just make you appriciate it so much more. belive me you've never listened to hardcore until u've listened to it mashed.

that's just my opinion i respect people that don't take drugs but drugs r the lifestyle i have choosen

Point it at your temple with the intent to kill

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  04:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
a nice, easy going topic
no slagging which is always a good thing [:P]
ive been listening to happy hardcore since i was a small child and never have or have seen the need to take drugs/. i love hhc, i listen to it non-stop 24hrs a day, 7 days a week throught the year, i couldnt live without it to be honest.

i have to agree with what ppl like :

Amber_Jade,
terry66980,
Foxy,
Simon,
Nortants...and everyone who thinks along those lines,

true you only live once, but why not live happy rather than wasted?
*(in my opinion)*

and drug users, if they say they love the scene, how come they need to use drugs to enjoy it? those who truely love it, enjoy it for what it is, not what sounds like when your "mashed".

Ive been to a few raves over here and met a few dj's ( well proud ) and ive enjoyed it just as much as anyone else and i dont smoke, drink, use drugs..anything! so all TRUE hhc fans do enjoy the music not just for the drugs.

**i know alot of that seems one sided, but i despise drugs (not so much the users cos its their life style) but for the drugs! they ruin so many ppl**

#again in my opinion#

It was said before and i'll say it again,

DRUGS = BAD
HHC = GOOD!!!!

well, theres my opinion added

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

one_scatterd_lil_monk_e

Australia
59 posts
one_scatterd_lil_monk_e has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  04:40:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i do e when im at raves.., i just love the feeling on it makes everything sooo good as much as just listening to hhc does too, but just being on e and listening to hhc ohhhh unbelievable... but thats just meeh, i dont expect others to take drugs , i dont touch weed , dable with speed every now and again and thats all...

*i wish i had a cool qoute*

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  05:15:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:

I hate this "Drugs are bad,if u do them then ur bad" attitude. Its up to the ppl wot they do and wot they take and ppl who hav never tried a pill and bump it r scum

Lets face it - drugs are associated with crime in a big way, which is why people who take drugs make such a bad image for themselves. I would never want to be classed as that.

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

Edited by - Amber-Jade on 2002/07/11 05:27:09
weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  05:19:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage  Reply with quote
i do e when im at raves.., i just love the feeling on it makes everything sooo good as much as just listening to hhc does too, but just being on e and listening to hhc ohhhh unbelievable... but thats just meeh, i dont expect others to take drugs , i dont touch weed , dable with speed every now and again and thats all...

totally agree.. I know how bad drugs are and i admit i take them at raves, dont get me wrong i listen to HHC all day everyday too...ppl have gotta understand that the ectasy is all about. when u take ectasy it stimulates a nerve in the brain call 'saratone'... saratone is like when u get that great feelin like a one second rush or a massive orgasm or something... to all the ppl that havnt tried drugs... u cant knock em... I think the word 'Drug' is really bad.. ppl need to understand what they are all about b4 they knock em... although they dont do wonders to your brain... there the best feelin u will ever have, with the muzik... its your choise ne ways... what can we do??? thers no point even tryin to stop ppl... but its ok to have your own opion... u have your own fun in your OWN WAY.

WEBA D

D3V
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  05:24:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i take E most times when im at raves but hey have you tried staying awake for hours on end pissed up to your eyes dancing away (thought not) i like taking them, people say they are not safe,let me tell you something they are safe if u make em safe if you think you are going daft you WILL go on a downer so thats my view OK THANX 4 LISTENING C`YA

p.s. A WEEKEND WASTED ISNT A WASTED WEEKEND

DEV

Charco
Advanced Member

Ireland
1,979 posts
Charco has attended 4 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  05:37:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
everyone has their opinion but i stand by what i say,
drugs is BAD and i will always despise them.....and like i said before- if u use drugs, its YOUR option to, ive nothing against that, its just drugs??? why????

freedom to all who believe!!

Go Here: http://www.ionosphere.co.uk or here: http://www.sbthq.net . Happy? You should be!! And of course: My tunes: http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=230636&T=6580

Emanation

United Kingdom
116 posts

57 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  08:21:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I used to be well into the hardhouse scene n always went out n saw how battered i cud get. Since discovering hhc 2 years ago, its all changed.
I went 2 my 1st Slammin Vinyl, n enjoyed it so much i forgot i had drugs in my pocket......n so it went on!
Slammin this wknd will probably b the same story, n i'm well lookin 4wud 2 it!!!!!!!

*$Hardcore 2 da Bone$*

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  09:56:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I've taken drugs. I no longer take any type of chemicals or man made substances. But I do know how the drugs can effect a body from personal use. Ecstasy or MDMA is very toxic on the system and especially now a days when they cut pure methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) with chemicals like Lye soap, arsenic, gasoline, any thing to shut the bodys defence system down so that the chemicals can take a harder/longer effect on you....and to save money by not having to add as much MDMA. I'm not knocking anyone for using, but I do think that if everyone knew what is put into the pills 90% would stop. MDMA takes all your serotonin including your reserves and dumps the hormone into your blood system all at once, it takes months to regain it and then you still have troubles getting back the amount you originally had. Now try that twice a month. Eventually your body stops producing serotonin and permanant depression sets in and you start to have to take multiple pills. Do what you will its a choice that everyone makes now a days with drugs being so prevelante in the "rave" scene. But at least know what you are putting into your body....

Ecstasy: An illicit (illegal) drug, considered a recreational or party drug. It acts as both a stimulant and a hallucinogen. The chemical name is methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA).

Ecstasy damages the brain, perhaps by affecting serotonin. German researchers studied 28 ecstasy users (who had used the drug an average of 3.5 times a month for about 2 years) and found they performed significantly worse on tests of memory, learning, and general intelligence than nondrug users and than pot smokers.

Ecstasy achieves its high by preventing the brain from reabsorbing the chemical serotonin, thereby prolonging its effects in the body. One study of ecstasy users has shown that they have fewer serotonin "transporters" in the brain; whether the damage is reversible is unknown.

Serotonin: A hormone, also called 5-hydroxytryptamine, in the pineal gland, blood platelets, the digestive tract, and the brain. Serotonin acts both as a chemical messenger that transmits nerve signals between nerve cells and that causes blood vessels to narrow.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

marty_j
Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 posts
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  11:34:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
well i have been going to raves for about 4 years. The first year i didnt do any drugs and loved it but when i started taking E'z i loved it that bit more.
I agree with both partys, drugs are bad for you but you only live once and you have more chance of getting knocked over by a car than dieing of drugs.

You cant knock E'z till you have tried em. the feeling you get when your on one id unreal but i wouldnt recomend them to anyone

MartiN

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/07/11 :  12:18:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage  Reply with quote
My brain hates me for rolling so much in the years past. I've been sober for a full year this past June 15th.. Let me tell you..my memory now sucks, and it's obviously just getting worse...and I know it's from rolling so much, so right there proves it's not a good thing. It's finally taking it's toll on me after a year of being without it, and it's going to leave lasting damage for the rest of my life. I hate being in important conversations with people and totally forgetting what I was saying mid sentence. That happens all too often. It's not fun, at all. It makes people think differently about me. I'm proud of myself for now leaving the drugs in the past...but at the same time disappointed for not being smart enough to stay away in the first place.

I'm not knocking anyone for thier choice of using them, because i've been there, i know how it works.. I just think you need to prepare yourselves for what's going to happen in the future.. it'll sneak up on you, and maybe when it does, you'll regret it, maybe you won't. Just be careful with what you choose to put in your body. That's all the input i can give.. just speaking from personal expierence.

PLUR - People.Look.Ugly.Rollin :)~
I wish I had a fan club...will you be my friend? :)

DJ AcidBunE
Founder/Promoter of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis *Fully representing the Underground*
GO GO ACID BUNNIES!!!

AIM: JmeHHC or Jaide0123

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.78 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page