Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Would you reccomend these deks?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
SteveW2k1

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  15:17:41  Show profile Send a private message

Click http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/browse-no-frames.pl?session=80792836&view=item&item=numbattlepack and tell me if you would reccomend these decks for a beginner who doesn't have loads of money. I wanna get my first set of decks, learn to mix and scratch, beat match etc and generally build up my dj skills. Is this a good choice, I can't really aford to spend much more.

'Happy Hardcore will never die'

Best hhc song ever -'Toytown'

Alert moderator
o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  16:01:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
yea, they are direct drives, i shouldnt see any prob with using them for hardcore, ive never used the new numarks but they look fine, If i was starting out i would buy those, they look sweet, but im goin for 1200!

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Alert moderator Go to top of page
SteveW2k1

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  16:45:27  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by o0sameyeam0o:
yea, they are direct drives, i shouldnt see any prob with using them for hardcore, ive never used the new numarks but they look fine, If i was starting out i would buy those, they look sweet, but im goin for 1200!

I won't be spinning hardcore tho...shouldn't make any diffrece should it?

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  18:49:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
No of course not, the genre doesnt matter for what kind of decks,, i dont care if you spin country :P they are great dex, look cheap too :)

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

Annex

Canada
285 posts

38 hardcore releases
Annex has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/25 :  21:34:37  Show profile  Send a private message
i'd actually be interested to hear what more people think of that deal as well actually

it seems like the type that would be more feasable for myself in a somewhat shorter term than i'd planned for getting decks *shrugs*

i liked the look of it, i was also intregued by the look of the stanton str80 deck package

http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/browse-no-frames.pl?session=80792836&view=item&item=stastr830smx211pack

i'd really like to see more people respond to this, specially people with some experiance

-----------------------
potatoe :)
keep on smiling

Edited by - Annex on 2002/07/25 21:49:22
SteveKelly
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  02:10:05  Show profile  Send a private message
Don't bother, save for the technics. You will regret getting these in the long run, and you can prolly pick a decent set of used 1210's/1200's up for bout £400 -£500

I get asked this question a lot and the answer is always the same, if you want cd decks get Denons, if you want turntables get Technics. They're industry standard for a reason, you can pretty much do owt to them and they'll work, everytime, anytime, anywhere. No matter how much abuse, pints poored in, drops, they've had.

You'll also find that even with direct drive other brand decks will not hold their pitch as well as the technics will.

Some may also suggest Vestax, sure they're nice shiny decks with lots of spangly features, but they break frequently and cost a fortune to repair.

Save and get the technics, you'll have them for years and they'll be reliable for years. Get the numarks and in 3 months you'll be wanting some technics

DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  05:27:15  Show profile  Send a private message
I have to agree, 2 years ago i bought a numark package from Sapphires Sound & Light in london, i got 2 Numark TT-1910's and a Numark BlueDog 2 mixer. it all cost me £319, and at first i loved them, but now, 2 years later, they a completely shagged. mixing on them has become and a strain instead of a joy. my pitch on both decks has worn, now it takes a second or two to catch up wen i move the pitch, the pitch never stays level, my tonearms and now very weak, my platters have poor strength too. I wish i had bought technics, and i had the money too! but now i regret getting the numarks. So seriously, save up your money and get the Technics SL1210's. Cos believe me, you get what you pay for!!

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"

SteveKelly
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  06:23:07  Show profile  Send a private message
Yup, best thing to convince yaself of this is go to a shop and pick up an numark deck, you can probably grasp it between one hand and carry it. Put it down and go and pick up a 1210, you will soon discover why they cost that bit more and why they are worth every penny.

Edited by - SteveKelly on 2002/07/26 06:26:45
ronin

United Kingdom
79 posts
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  07:43:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ronin's homepage
if your startin out and still need to learn to beat match and stuff, a cheap package gets you up an runnin, those look like quality decks for the price, and will do everythin you want.

but what the other guys are sayin is true, within two years you should be lookin to upgrade to technics, coz their the best!.
when I started, I bought a cheap set and then changed one piece at a time, i even swapped one of my cheaper decks and some money for a technics turntable, it might take some time but if your short on cash at the moment, waitin until you have enough for a full setup may not be the best way to go.
I got my moneys worth out of my cheap setup and don't regret havin to find extra money later on, most of my equipment was sold to other people startin out, and may still be bringin joy to someone out there somewhere!

"get down off the f#©king speakers right now, down off the speakers"

StrifeII
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,143 posts
StrifeII is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  11:29:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit StrifeII's homepage
if you're looking for decks look for lastability first, and then the features. you dont want 50% pitch faders reverse buttons and autospinouts if the buttons **** up after a year. i went with stanton str8-50's and theyve proved fine since ive had em. but SPEND A BIT ON A MIXER!!! crossfaders sssuuuccckkk if you buy them cheap. i barely scratch and mines already gone wonky.

-Robbie Jay

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/07/26 :  18:37:05  Show profile  Send a private message
I played on the exact pack that you are looking at. They were GREAT. But they were also brand new. I'd recommend buying them for a few reasons.
1. What if you start to DJ and you find that it just isn't you. Could happen?
2. Learn on these while you save the money to buy the good ones (SL1200's are the best in my opinion).
3. You could always sell them when you get better ones to an up and coming DJ friend.
Technics are the top of the line when it comes to turntables and I do recommend that you get a pair when you decide that you are going to choose DJ'ing as a hobby/profession.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

SteveKelly
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 posts
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  18:06:08  Show profile  Send a private message
I'd go for them from the outset, theres no point messin about with the others, which bar non are shite to be perfectly honest.

A second hand pair of 1210's are generally as good as a new set bar a few scratches and you will find a good pair for between £400 - £500 no probs, maybe even less.

Secondly they hold there value, if you buy the numark set, you'll have trouble selling em on for half what you paid.

Third, you'll be shelling out twice if you go with the numarks then decide to upgrade.

Go direct for the technics, you'll only regret it if ya dont...

SteveW2k1

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/07/28 :  13:45:14  Show profile  Send a private message

Saw a second hand set of Numarks and a decent looking mixer on sale today second hand for £200...dunno if I bought them they'd break down in a week or two or not tho ao im not sure!

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  03:21:12  Show profile  Send a private message
right now mate I'm using second hand numark tt-1520's and a DM1002X mixer, and let me say that if you're a starter to the game, they are perfectly fine.

I've tried technics, and there is no doubt they are some of the best (want to try my hands on those new numark ones though :D) *but* as pandora said, you don't want to spend rather a lot of money on decks if you find out in a few months that it just isn't you. You'd be better spending your money on tunes and headphones, then mix, mix, and while mixing save up money. the way i see it, you have to earn the technics, by being good enough to be worthy of them ;)

EDIT: spelling XD

Edited by - atomicb on 2002/07/29 03:22:21
Foxy

United Kingdom
308 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  04:14:04  Show profile  Send a private message
My God-I'm very confused now, I'm getting decks in couple of mths if I get them for around £300-£350, or nearly a year later if I save for the 1200's, & though both arguements make sense I cant decide. Help!

Hardcore family never dies.

ronin

United Kingdom
79 posts
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  05:27:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ronin's homepage
I would recommend you get the best decks you can afford and learn to mix!!!!!!

in 12 months time you'll be able to mix, and then you can appreciate technics turntables and understand why people get so passionate about them.

"get down off the f#©king speakers right now, down off the speakers"

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.38 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page