Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 ALL AUSSIE RAVERS WATCH ABC AT 4:30 pm on sunday
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/08/23 :  19:54:15  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
hey all watch abc at 4:30 pm on sunday theres going to be a documentary abour ravers and the rave society itself what its mad eup of etc.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

Alert moderator
Skeenip
Average Member

Australia
228 posts
Skeenip has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/24 :  20:23:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skeenip's homepage
*goes to set his vcr now*

"Well it just goes on and on and you don't stop, party people winding up and keep on going til you drop YEAH!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Fusion
Starting Member

Australia
16 posts
Posted - 2002/08/24 :  21:22:43  Show profile  Send a private message
Will definatly check it out. Cheers

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/08/25 :  09:33:30  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
so what happened?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

hardcoreteckno

Australia
65 posts
Posted - 2002/08/25 :  17:53:38  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by djyogi:
hey all watch abc at 4:30 pm on sunday theres going to be a documentary abour ravers and the rave society itself what its mad eup of etc.

damm i missed it! did it feature some good happyhard music?

Classic happy Hardcore Techno Anthems

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/08/25 :  21:29:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
no it was actually preety crappy they had like 30 seconds of a rave footage the rest was all tribal psy trance events which was held at some rainforest. No goood dj;s were in it either. Some no names.

scattered rat

Australia
28 posts
Posted - 2002/08/26 :  05:26:46  Show profile  Send a private message
yeah it wasnt dat good.

they were tryin to connect western dance culture to trible beginings ie aborigines dancein around fire. (now we have lasers) its something in side of us that makes us want to dance for hours...
they say that modern "dance culture" has gone back to that but with less complicated beats...

they even compared it christainity and other religions! wow how christains celebrate the soul not the body so in the past dance was hard! but other religions like buddism celebrate the body n dance comes natural... blah blah

the footage was of a duuf rave in the bush.. i think outside melbourne? n the big event might be "big day out". i have never seen or heard of those DJ's b4.

overall it tried to bring a point bout y we dance......
4 those dat missed it.. it wasnt much...

---------------------------
"We r the muzik makers, the dreamers of dreams" - Willy Wonka

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/08/27 :  03:06:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
yeh it was a bit avareage, they showed these bush 'Doofs', (small raves with shitty phycadellic trance so all the hippies can trip out on there mushies), they have heaps of them around here(far north coast NSW) there a bit gay

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!!

WEBA D

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/08/27 :  05:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
quote:
no it was actually preety crappy they had like 30 seconds of a rave footage the rest was all tribal psy trance events which was held at some rainforest. No goood dj;s were in it either. Some no names.

no names????? ummmm....
GROOVE ARMADA: hardly a no-name!!! international household names, not to mention excellent producers.
JOHN 00 FLEMING: a huge name in the clubbing world.
STEPHEN ALLKINS: a really big name in the melbourne clubbing scene.

and as for your comments about the events, the psytrance party was EARTHCORE, and heaps of footage from GATECRASHER and GODS KITCHEN (both in melbourne)

it was nice to see an show that did not feature the drug use in the scene, and took a totally different perspective, but i would've liked to have seen more input from punters and less from professors and outsiders.

you guys have to remember that it was a melbourne-based show and there is practically NO hardcore scene down there. essentially, and i know i'm gonna get crucified for saying this, but hardcore isn't really an essential part of dance music culture, which is what the show was about. it wasn't supposed to be

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/08/27 :  16:21:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
I watched a bit of the show and I find it hard to agree with many of the comments that were made, but, then how do you justify to the general population the purpose of getting off your face and dancing all night. I mean the connection between christianity and rave culture is really going too far. How do the "communities" at raves resemble that of a congregation. There is no worship of a God, although many DJs ( in their manic moments) would like to think they are God. There is not that loving community that is characteristic of a christian congregation, otherwise Anna Wood would still be alive today. To compare the dance culture with other religions such as christianity and tribal cultures is flawed. I start to wonder if any of the commentators on the documentary have ever been to a parte.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.91 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page