Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Shanty
Average Member

230 posts
Shanty is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  16:07:28  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It's released on Electronica Exposed.

I'm guessing HMV are out of stock, hence the 2 week wait. Juno and IMO are probably your best bets for getting it delivered quickly.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
pinkdevil16

United Kingdom
496 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  16:49:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pinkdevil16's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shanty:

I'm guessing HMV are out of stock, hence the 2 week wait. Juno and IMO are probably your best bets for getting it delivered quickly.

Thanks I have cancelled my hmv order and ordered it on juno instead

95_was_the_time
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,285 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  18:14:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 95_was_the_time's homepage  Reply with quote
boring tracklist,

overall disapointment

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  18:24:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
ordered mine yesterday off hmv says it will take over 2 weeks 2 dispatch tho :(

Yeh i ordered mine just over a week ago and it still hasn't came

Shanty
Average Member

230 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  18:47:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by 95_was_the_time:
overall disapointment

That's how I felt about your post!

Seriously though, this mix features a wide range of tracks from a very wide range of artists including happy hardcore, breakbeat stuff and plenty of freeform. Plus, none of these tracks have featured on any other UK compilation before. So this isn't just another compilation of classics that you've heard way too many times already or a bunch of classics remixed for the nth time. I fully respect that you might not like any of the music, but I'm really not sure what you could realistically expect from a compilation album in the current market that is on sale for GBP 2-3 and is released by a small, independent label.

Edited by - Shanty on 2010/07/30 18:48:51
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  18:52:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
really like the look of this, gonna grab this as soon as my boss graces my bank account with sum pennies...

Just one thing that puzzles me.....why does it seem like people have ran dry of ideas for Hardcore album Titles these days? This is nothing against the quality of the tracks featured on this album as its great to see more commercial albums getting back on track like this but like, Hardcore Anthems 2010?

It does no justice to the time spent & great ideas of the tracks if features. I'd like to see an album idea that takes the listener on a journey & gives a completely different perspective of listening to the album before it even starts.

Its just something I feel is missing from these sort of albums & I think is badly needed for these sorts of albums to reflect back on in 10 years & still have its own original attraction.

Forgetting that rant, it really does look like a promising album & will certainly be grabbing this asap.

Shanty
Average Member

230 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  19:03:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Unfortunately, many compilations have very similar names because the distributors and shops require them so they can sell the compilation more easily. Hardcore Anthems 2010 was planned a while ago and unfortunately by the time the album was in production, other albums came to light with almost identical names.

Most other Electronica Exposed albums have much more unique titles and it's definitely something I'm in favour of too. However, due to the nature of this project, it just wasn't possible to have a more unique title.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2010/07/30 :  19:16:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
ah fair enough bud. Totally understand, its just a shame that's the case for the "bigger" albums these days cause after so many years its harder for them to keep jumping out from their rivals & stand the test of time. I think similar titles like these put a lot of people off checking them out.

Forgetting that, it looks like a cracking album. I'm a big fan of everything you lot push on Electronica Exposed & I love seeing labels pushing the boundaries & offering something really fresh. Keep up the good work mate.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2010/07/31 :  15:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
Any tunes with hard kicks? I see people like Lee UHF are on it so it can't be commercial like Clubland Extreme Hardcore

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/07/31 :  19:27:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by pinkdevil16:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanty:

Thanks I have cancelled my hmv order and ordered it on juno instead

Yeh just cancelled mine of hmv as well,they e-mailed me and said it was out of stock so i ordered of juno as well,i also ordered history of rotterdam hardcore 4 which i just came across by chance,smoogie will love that 1

djepi

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2010/08/01 :  12:24:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djepi's homepage  Reply with quote
Shanty, I didn't even know you ran Electronica Exposed and I didn't even know you had a website with clips and news of new tracks.

This seems to be an issue for the hardcore scene. Everytime I listen to the online radio here on happyhardcore.com I haven't heard most of the track before and I'd love to buy em digitally. There is just not one central place with clips of all new releases in flash format with a direct link to where you can buy em...

Nice for the price but as its not available in full digital download package I can't be arsed searching round for each track or going through the hassle of ordering the physical media.

Shanty
Average Member

230 posts
Posted - 2010/08/01 :  17:39:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Apologies to everyone who's had issues ordering from HMV, but it's great to hear that you've all switched and ordered the CD from Juno.

Adam J & Freestyle 'Rush' probably has the hardest kick. There really is a diverse range of music on this album.

I've run Electronica Exposed on my own since 2002, so I didn't think that'd be news to anyone! The website has clips of all the tracks on the label. It's also worth checking out our other CD releases as there's some great deals on a lot of the releases in our shop, and often it works out much cheaper than if you buy the releases digitally, with the major upside that the label sees way more income.

The majority of these tracks are from the Dusk Till Dawn, Hardcore Coalition, Bedlam and Electronic Bedlam compilations. The Electronic Bedlam album will be released digitally soon, all the others are available from www.beatport.com, www.junodownload.com and www.trackitdown.net.

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,682 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2010/08/03 :  11:40:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
Just got mine, last one the seller on Amazon had allegedly. I'll write something or other later.

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2010/08/03 :  11:40:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
Great tracklisting! But seriously, why couldn't it have been 30 tracks over 2 CDs? .. I hate hearing 2 or 3 minute songs on hardcore albums.. I feel like I'm only hearing a sample and am being expected to pay out for the full 6 minute mix from another source. As this album is so cheap however I can't complain too much, but that's still disappointing.

Shanty
Average Member

230 posts
Posted - 2010/08/04 :  15:08:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
This mix does contain a lot of tracks. Ideally it would be great to have less tracks and for each to appear for longer, however the reality is that the mix would have been a lot less varied (in terms of artists and styles of track) if this had been done. Hence why most album mixes contain as many tracks as possible these days.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page