Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 whats the best decks to get??????
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
lookin tae by vinos
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2002/09/30 :  04:23:51  Show profile Send a private message
im gonna get another set a decks what is the best for money?????cheers

Alert moderator
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/09/30 :  07:06:31  Show profile  Send a private message
there's no question here,technics 1210's
about £700 for a pair of mk3's that'll last you a good 20 years and they're in all the clubs. can't go wrong

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/09/30 :  11:01:09  Show profile  Send a private message
i knew there would be the techies post, cant get away from it, but its a decision you have to make, there is no longer a clear position on this. i perfer the vestax, but at the end of the day its now up to you to decide what is best.
you are still going to get the techies: its simple and lasts years, what else do you want
and the vestax:looks great, basic funtions are better (matter of opinion to me) got more things to got a more intresting mix.

the table left out is the numark ttx1, no one is sure as the reliability is not tested, but the features and handeling is ment to be great.

oh and a little thing to all the techies never break down there more reliable then vestax, ive only heard of techies breaking down, both mk2 and mk3, ive never heard of a vestax deck breaking, not to say there not relialbe though, as they are, just showing vestax has proven themselves over a fiew years.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/09/30 :  14:37:02  Show profile  Send a private message
well here's your first hearing of vestax breaking down. sometimes they don't start up,the platter moves backwards and forwards till you turn it off and start again.

also,pitch sliders wear out with any deck,even technics. and when they do,you get fluctuation. it's hard to cope with on any deck,with vestax you got a 50% slider to worry about. when that starts to go then they've had it.

"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/01 :  15:23:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
boo everything else, I Totally suggest you go for tech 1200's Mk2 's . All the way. They'll become your bestfriends

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  04:08:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
... or your worst nightmare as mix after mix goes wrong and you start weighing up the money you spent on them against the sheer satisfaction you'll get by ramming your fist right through the platter :P

really though i've played on tech12's and they're excellent. the sheer feel of solidness and quality you get are unmatched IMO (although i haven't had the pleasure of test-driving those new funky-looking top-end models from the other brands).

- The artist formerly known as speccedninja

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  05:35:06  Show profile  Send a private message
i knew the techies thing would continue, i am not saying they are bad decks, i am saying people need to test all the options now, as some people perfer other decks such as the vestax pdx 2000, i prefer these decks other the techies, and ive had quite alot of use on both decks

Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  10:04:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
The major advantage of the Techies IMO is that the majority of the places that you will play are going to have them (it's been true for me anyway). By already owning them you will be used to the unique "pull" and "grab" of these decks. I've played on several different decks, and all of them have a different "feel".

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/10/02 :  14:16:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Erbl:
i knew the techies thing would continue, i am not saying they are bad decks, i am saying people need to test all the options now, as some people perfer other decks such as the vestax pdx 2000, i prefer these decks other the techies, and ive had quite alot of use on both decks

Hmmm, Ive tried the Vestax ones. I don't know , it's just not the same. It feels like running on wet ice IMO. i think they feel too much like a cheap toy too. Meh, whateves, I guess i'm just true to the tech's

-Hi, My name is Auto and i looove to get Blotto !! -

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Peter_Go_Zania

United States
31 posts

225 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/10 :  15:06:49  Show profile  Send a private message
Go with the techs. They have proven themselves time and time again. They also sound better than the vestax, because they have a S tonearm instead of a straight one.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/11 :  09:29:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Tripnosis:
boo everything else, I Totally suggest you go for tech 1200's Mk2 's . All the way. They'll become your bestfriends

ha ha
it are mine best friends too
:)

You can't see me,because i am the future.

Edited by - DJ Pathfinder on 2002/10/11 09:31:12
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/10/12 :  05:58:17  Show profile  Send a private message
but you'll dump the mk 2's if you happen to mix on mk3's. now that's what ya call a best friend ;)

DJ Mouse

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/12 :  06:37:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ from what i can see the only *practical* difference between mk3's and mk2's is that mk3's don't have the zero-lock on the pitch control. is it really that great a difference?

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/10/12 :  06:50:26  Show profile  Send a private message
i change my mind, the best decks are the TTX1'S, get to a record store and have a go on these amazing tables. everything about them screams at you class, everything from the fader, to the torque, the platter and the thought gone into it (no more numb fingers after a long session) a strobe (target light doubles up) start up time, the look, materials used, the display with the minute pitch change shown and the way the blue things around the edge spin at the same speed the platter is going at, just amazing, the pitch has some weight, is very responcive ans wont cause any problems, the sound quality is top and if you tap the thing, no feedback!!!!!
the platter does not want to stop, but gives you as much freedom as anyone will need to mix, start up time is as quich as can be, but is ajustable, i just cant stop thinking how great these decks are

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
Posted - 2002/10/12 :  06:51:12  Show profile  Send a private message
the differences are: dipless pitch like you said,and an added pitch reset button. there's nothing more annoying than doing a mix and the pitch is set just off the dip,you can never get the mix spot on. with mk3's you don't have that problem. also the on/off switch is recessed so you never switch the deck off by mistake.
ppl have said that there's more torque to the mk3's but i get lots of experience on both mk2 and 3 and there's no difference there whatsoever.

erbl: yes those decks look great and everything but numark are notorious for only lasting a few years

DJ Mouse

Edited by - DJ Mouse on 2002/10/12 06:53:25
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/12 :  07:21:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
i just got around it by pitching up a bit so i'm nowhere near the dip *shrugs*
then again, i'm not much of a dj, so my approach may not be the best :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page