Total online 1339
 Radio listeners 162+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 The HH.com mix competition - VOTING CLOSED!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2011/05/01 :  17:55:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Bumpage for those with short memories who need a reminder that there's a vote going on.

3 weeks in and i can count the number of votes i've received on 2 hands (or one if you're from norfolk).

Pull your fingers out lads, can't keep it up for ever (as i frequently tell the missus).

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mellow-Dee

Switzerland
45 posts
Posted - 2011/05/02 :  06:38:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mellow-Dee's homepage  Reply with quote
Truly feeling sad about the lack of interest. Less than 10 votes means that not even all competitors have voted so far.....

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2011/05/02 :  11:38:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
3 weeks in and i can count the number of votes i've received on 2 hands (or one if you're from norfolk).

Pull your fingers out lads, can't keep it up for ever (as i frequently tell the missus).

It is a shame that people aren't voting. When you consider the amount of positive posts the idea got to begin with. Sadly this is a sign of the times, either people don't have the time or the inclination to get involved in things like this. Most people don't bother to listen to peoples work anymore, it doesn't matter if its tracks, mixes or full albums. It's a shame.

DJ Toadsage
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2011/05/04 :  06:38:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Toadsage's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry, i keep putting it off due to school. i'll try and get my 2 cents in by the weekend. hopefully more people vote as well.... like you guys said. kinda sad that we get this few of votes.....

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2011/05/07 :  01:58:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mellow-Dee:
Truly feeling sad about the lack of interest. Less than 10 votes means that not even all competitors have voted so far.....

I VOTED bin having some technical difficulties lol...my laptop went...

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/07 :  21:08:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Right, opinions needed everybody.

I currently have 2 options.

1. Stop waiting in vain for more votes to magically appear, and close the voting tomorrow (sunday) night and turn my back on the whole sorry affair never to be repeated.

2. Wait another week or 2 and see if we can salvage a decent set of results to make it worthwhile.

What do you think?

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2011/05/07 :  21:30:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
i say 2 we shud do more of this it's fun im tryinta do a few old n nu skool gabba mixes aswell as uk hardcore usin fl studio so it gives me suhin to do i thinku shud challeng people to do mix using tracks chosen at random that cud be intresting imo

DJ Mellow-Dee

Switzerland
45 posts
Posted - 2011/05/07 :  22:02:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mellow-Dee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
1. Stop waiting in vain for more votes to magically appear, and close the voting tomorrow (sunday) night and turn my back on the whole sorry affair never to be repeated.

Maybe you'll get even more disappointed after another 2 weeks of waiting.... IMO this shouln'd have been the last competition but I understand that you wont initialize anything like that again.

@ all those who were not willing to spend a bit of their time: Shame on you

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/07 :  22:14:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

2. Wait another week or 2 and see if we can salvage a decent set of results to make it worthwhile.

This is exactly what I've been thinking about various aspects of the internet hardcore scene for a while now. Do I bother making more mixes and tracks only for them to get ignored by most people. Do I carry on trying to build up a new hardcore social network like I have been for the last month. Sadly things done by loads of people are going largely ignored now. Not just things I'm doing but things that others are, be it established or non established. The community spirit is dying off at the moment.

To answer the question I say option 1. Screw the people who can't be arsed and get it over and done with.

Edited by - Mortis on 2011/05/07 22:15:11
Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2011/05/09 :  22:54:52  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
I thought that people on this site listened to Hardcore, so how hard can it be....?

Listen to the mixes. PM your top 3 to DMS. Easy....

....trouble is that'd require slightly more than the attention-span of a goldfish.... and slightly more effort than doing f*ck all.

So yeh, I'm with Mortis. F*ck 'em.

*edit*

and if it's true what MellowDee said that not even all of the entrants have voted, well.......... ffs!

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

Edited by - Ionosphere on 2011/05/09 23:00:12
acidfluxxbass
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
5,000 posts
Posted - 2011/05/09 :  23:07:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit acidfluxxbass's homepage  Reply with quote
am i meant to listen though like 50 hours of mixes?

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/archefluxxuk

D-tor
Advanced Member

United States
1,143 posts
Posted - 2011/05/10 :  01:39:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit D-tor's homepage  Reply with quote
Not entirely, in fact it said to spend at least equal time on each mix. And 5 minutes searching through each one or listening to them on an iPod would at least give you an idea of what mix you like best.

DJ Mellow-Dee

Switzerland
45 posts
Posted - 2011/05/10 :  06:45:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Mellow-Dee's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by D-tor:
Not entirely, in fact it said to spend at least equal time on each mix. And 5 minutes searching through each one or listening to them on an iPod would at least give you an idea of what mix you like best.

Exactly ! Took me a bit more than one hour to check all mixes so it's a kind of effort we could expect from everyone, right? But as Ionosphere said, f*ck them all (as long as they look pretty *lol*)

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/10 :  09:07:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by acidfluxxbass:
am i meant to listen though like 50 hours of mixes?

12 mixes, less than 10 hours of music. I never expected hundreds of voters but after what was a decent amount of initial interest i was hoping for more than 7! I understand that people have busy lives but even listening to one mix every other day would have been enough.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2011/05/10 :  09:39:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ionosphere:
I thought that people on this site listened to Hardcore, so how hard can it be....?

You'd think that wouldn't you. It never used to be like this on here, if this competition was done in 05/06 then it would have have tons of attention. It's a sign of the times that people don't seem to care about the music anymore.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page