Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
DjMoNkEyBoY

United States
115 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/20 :  16:34:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjMoNkEyBoY's homepage  Reply with quote
A little late in the post I guess but here goes:
I have 505sk's. I've had them for a little over a year. I'm a heavy scratcher and mixer.
I was told that the next step up is the Ortofon Silvers.
I've not tried them though. I would recommend anybody try before you buy. Most dj shops have decks set up with swapping styli/carts to try out. At least out here they do. Prosound is excellent at this.

Dj MoNkEyBoY
Founder of Monkeyshine Inc.

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!

Keep it Real!

Keep it Happy!

Keep it Hardcore!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Peter_Go_Zania

United States
31 posts

225 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/21 :  12:04:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by saintberry:
quote:
all ortofon carts come with the choice of spherical or elliptical styli, + i dont know why you think spherical is better for your records, if its not a moving coil cart, elliptical will give you better response and less burn than spherical

Yes I know ort. offers the 2 different type of styli. But sorry you are wrong, the elliptical stylus does burn your records alot faster than a spherical. I have witnessed it personally and will never change the way I feel on that. Ortofons tend to track up and down. Where as shure track more side-to-side motion, therefore better for scratching (espesially on a straight tonearm). However your point is valid that elliptical styli sound a lil bit better than spherical. But the average raver wouldnt be able to tell the difference, only the trained ear can make that distinction. However a big part of record burn DOES come from poorly adjusted tonearm weight and height. Sometimes I wonder if people actually have brains when I see the weight all the way up with the tone arm height like at 6 and anti-skate on 3. I just wanna slap em. So to all you vinyl lovers out there. CALABIRATE YOUR TONE ARM PROPERLY!!!! you will thank me years later (when your record still plays and sounds good ;))

Edited by - Peter_Go_Zania on 2002/10/22 11:18:53
Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  08:26:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage  Reply with quote
I personally like the Ortofons, but I've never really used anything else.

basssupplier
Average Member

United Kingdom
151 posts
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  13:50:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
what should your anti skating be at then?im also having problems wi my weights the record just jumps when i (try!)to skratch .how do i solve this then.cheers.this would be a big help iv not had a go a my decks in ages because of this!

come show me your hardcore feelings!

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  15:29:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
anit skate should be ok at 0, what it does is put force on the tone arm pushing from the center of the deck, this is here as the tone arm naturally gets drawn towards the center.
as for the vinyl jumping, try a lighter touch, i cant seem to get away from the image of the vinyl comming off the slipmat, if this is the case, i would love to know how you do that one, if its the stylus comming out the groove, either use a lighter touch, add a little more weight on the tone arm, heighten the tone arm, adding more weight and height wares your vinyl and stylus more though.
if the stylus' are new then they will jump, then will need to be warn in, this is always the case, just use them and they will get better

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page