Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 TV Conershals
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/10/20 :  18:05:18  Show profile Send a private message
I don't like the hole idea of there being TV adds for Bonkers 9, espehsly because of the fact that, everyones so concerned about keeping hardcore underground, well tv adds don't sound vary underground to me!!!=-(

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

Alert moderator
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/10/21 :  01:57:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
honestly, i live in a world where 10000+ hardcore parties are a reality. how underground could it possibly be?

answer: IMO it'll *always* be underground to some extent. hhc is just too far removed from the mainstream genres (in speed if nothing else) to really make it big.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/10/21 :  14:49:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
hahahaha dj-sk8 you've been missing out on these arguments we have pretty much daily now on this board.

i got nothing really to say, but that it's spelt commercials. or ads (short for advertisements)

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/21 :  16:34:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
^^ shouldn't you be studying?

DJSuperb
Average Member

United Kingdom
160 posts
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  13:08:16  Show profile  Send a private message
Doesn't the fact that you can go into your loacal HMV and buy a hardcore CD show you how much hardcore ISN'T underground and it hasn't been since the very early 90's. Raves are all held in legal venues (for example, Helter Skelter @ Code, the same place as Gods Kitchen) with advertising, and whatever else. Airplay on BBC Radio 1 (Well John Peel and he'll play anything but...) The fact that Bonkers is on REACT, doesn't that show you that it isn't underground? I could go on....

12" of Love

Agent_Double_EE

Canada
59 posts
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  13:56:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Agent_Double_EE's homepage
While it sucks its still good cuz then it gets exposure it deserves and in a year you'll find out who the true lovers of hhc are and who aren't its the same with everything ..... parties, poptarts, fuzzy pinkbunnies...no wait those will never go outta style and neither will hhc.

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  14:50:44  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by DJSuperb:
Doesn't the fact that you can go into your loacal HMV and buy a hardcore CD show you how much hardcore ISN'T underground and it hasn't been since the very early 90's. Raves are all held in legal venues (for example, Helter Skelter @ Code, the same place as Gods Kitchen) with advertising, and whatever else. Airplay on BBC Radio 1 (Well John Peel and he'll play anything but...) The fact that Bonkers is on REACT, doesn't that show you that it isn't underground? I could go on....

12" of Love

Those are all good examples...IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK!!!!!! in north america you have to scroung around into every nook and cranny to find hardcore (Aside from hullabaloo, ut thats more like a club night), and if you say to some one "Oh i listen to hardcore", they say "Hardcore what? hip hop, rock, punk.
It's vary different over here my friend...

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/10/22 :  14:55:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
DJSuperb: AFAIC there *is* no magic line that separates 'underground' from 'mainstream' - they're two extremes on a continuum. What I'm saying is that, while HHC may be more mainstream than IDM or speedbass or EBM, it's certainly more underground that pop-trance, pop-house and hi-nrg, and it'll always be so due to its substantial deviation from popular music structure and composition.

JonezyCMABC
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2002/10/23 :  04:50:58  Show profile  Send a private message
DJ SK8 - please tell me what you think 'underground' means, becasue if you think Bonkers is underground, you've got a serious mis-understanding of this.

virus
Advanced Member

Canada
4,346 posts

716 hardcore releases
virus has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/10/23 :  05:22:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virus's homepage
hardcore is still the least represented music commercially in the rave scene.. if the commercials get more people to buy it, thats more money to react so they can continue to make Bonkers CD's.. you complained when there wasn't any more bonkers cd's coming out, and now that two more have come out, you dont want them to sell. make up your mind!!

"GREAT, JUST GREAT now hardcore will die! THANKS A BUNCH!!!"

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/10/23 :  09:36:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
The adverts are good! More exposure for Hardcore means a bigger scene! Thats only good :)

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page