Total online 2003
 Radio listeners 184+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Dutch Happy Hardcore raves are still happening!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  07:59:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Why do I get the feeling that rafferty and Smoogie are the same person??? Maybe it's the Sangria talking lol but I can't help but notice very similar opinions and posting styles

hehe That's really funny. Smoogie agreeing with himself. If people want to think that, it's fine with me.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  08:10:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
quote:
Why do I get the feeling that rafferty and Smoogie are the same person??? Maybe it's the Sangria talking lol but I can't help but notice very similar opinions and posting styles

hehe That's really funny. Smoogie agreeing with himself. If people want to think that, it's fine with me.

rafferty might be his dutch hardcore liking nickname? Either way, it's way better than Smoogie's links, since I can't stand the original slower Hardcore/Jungle style

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2012/02/12 08:11:01
Hirschi
Average Member

Germany
244 posts
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  13:45:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hirschi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Hirschi:
quote:
shit, how old where most of those people when these songs originally came out?

A wee bit older than you (back then) ;) ...about 15 or 16.

didnt you check the crowd? most of them where like 25 tops!

I saw all the videos except for the first one (thanks to German GEMA restriction...). I find that most of the people were 23 and older. But in that case I hope your perception is better than mine because that means there are young people who enjoy the music we'd grown up with. ;)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  14:33:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

What of it though?

danjel

Sweden
295 posts

13 hardcore releases
danjel has attended 10 events
Posted - 2012/02/12 :  21:04:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danjel's homepage  Reply with quote
These parties in Njimegen is the best parties I know.
We have been there 3 years in a row and will for sure go this year also.
If you look closely you can see me in the videos :p

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2012/02/13 :  00:01:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

no its not me. I embed youtube links myself

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/13 :  08:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

rafferty might be his dutch hardcore liking nickname? Either way, it's way better than Smoogie's links, since I can't stand the original slower Hardcore/Jungle style

Yeah I liked the Break Beats, but most hardcore prior to 95 in the UK that was really slow, I don't really like.
Is smoogie from Putney? If he is, I'll say I'm him lol.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2012/02/18 :  22:34:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeh the old skool and happy hardcore revival coming back with the younger generation

Even at planet love in 2009 in the old skool/hardcore tent all the old heads who run ni old skool were saying how suprised they were about how many people were in the tent that were in their early and mid twenties, and the tent was bunged and rocking

So if it can even happen in ireland it can sure aswwell happen in holland

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/21 :  13:05:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Good to see there is still a good scene in Ireland. Actually I could really imagine the Irish loving their Dutch hardcore:)

Edited by - rafferty on 2012/02/21 13:12:05
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2012/02/21 :  20:48:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Good to see there is still a good scene in Ireland. Actually I could really imagine the Irish loving their Dutch hardcore:)

I defo wouldn't say a good scence lol but hardcore was def geting good air time a few years ago, there was an regular event called system-x going on for a few years and they were bringing over all the big guns like - hixxy, brisk, joey riot, recon, marc smith, scott brown, slipmatt, billy bunter e.t.c i never got the chance to attend any of these but i've seen clips on youtube and the clubs were always jam packed, so it was good to see this happening, its just a pity they don't run events anymore, and then you have the planet love festival every year and they have a hardcore tent, its mostly local irish djs play it but they again usually bring some of the big guns over to play at this, but sharkey was the only big gun to come over last year and it was his last ever irish appearance, but the guy who runs ni oldskool and the hardcore tent at planet love was saying that the days of bringing a few of the big guns over at once is bascially over, as obviously money and what not is alot tighter these days so can't afford to get a few of them over, so it'll be intresting to see who plays at planet love this year, and its a pity cause it was good to see the big boys play in ireland every so often

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/02/22 :  04:27:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah I think tough economic times seem to be felt across the music scene. I'm sure there must be some great up and comming talent to fill some of the spots in a Hardcore room there.
Guys like Nu Foundation (R.I.P) really proved that the Irish can make some wicked Hardcore.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2012/03/01 :  21:45:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yeah I think tough economic times seem to be felt across the music scene. I'm sure there must be some great up and comming talent to fill some of the spots in a Hardcore room there.
Guys like Nu Foundation (R.I.P) really proved that the Irish can make some wicked Hardcore.

Yeh lad there is evenys that do happen but i usually find out about them after they happen

I don't visit the nioldskool forum anymore but thats the best place to find out about stufff happening near me, must start visiting tere again

There was also an event called stealth (i think) bringing over gabber djs, the likes of endymion, scorpio and na-goyah were playing in belfast and angerfist has played in belfast a few times the last few years with different promoters bringing him over

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2012/03/17 :  23:53:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah is hard to keep up with events.
Can't go wrong with some bangin Gabber:) I think underground raves might start popping up again in Ireland and the UK. A recession means a lot of empty warehouses.

Edited by - rafferty on 2012/03/17 23:56:26
Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Posted - 2012/03/21 :  18:33:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yeah is hard to keep up with events.
Can't go wrong with some bangin Gabber:) I think underground raves might start popping up again in Ireland and the UK. A recession means a lot of empty warehouses.

Heres hoping and i must admit i'm due a good hardcore stomp, havn't had 1 since last september at planet love

CriticalMass

Netherlands
20 posts
CriticalMass is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2012/08/01 :  14:02:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit CriticalMass's homepage  Reply with quote
Every week there are several raves / parties where they play happy hardcore ... and early hardcore ..

Most dj's that be playing are Paul Elstak, Mental Theo, Gizmo, Bass D,, Dune and our dj team ...

Crowd loves that stuff, and we love playing the old stuff ...

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.33 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page