Total online 1567
 Radio listeners 186+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 The nitty gritty of the business, How to get paid.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/11/10 :  00:43:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers guys.....

I know to many people this information isn't relevant, but there are a few that will find it useful. I have come across it in various places, but it seems to be regarded as some sort of "insider secret", which you only find out about when it's usually too late and you've been stiffed, or you've signed your publishing rights for a pittance and 25 years, then realise, just how much it generates.

Forwarned is forearmed as they say....

Cheers
Nick

Alert moderator Go to top of page
noiz labs

Australia
50 posts
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  01:07:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i think an australia based hhc company is a wonderful idea!

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  18:44:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Yeah!!! How mad is it!?!

C'mon Aussie!!!

-=[ryg0r]=-

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/13 :  00:07:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ why?

I'm not trying to discourage you. I just want you to think about the reasons for your wanting to do this, and how they measure up against the significant risks that you'll inevitably have to take if you go down this path.

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
ryg0r is verified hardcore artist ryg0r has donated money to the site ryg0r has attended 10 events
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  13:14:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I want to start a label for artists with similar interests and sounds to my self (http://mp3.com.au/migcrew). Having it local seems only logical.

In anycase, I'm not in it for profit (and I can give you many lectures about this...), but rather for the music.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if I esnted money, I'd be a doctor or a banker.

-=[ryg0r]=-

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  13:37:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryg0r:
I want to start a label for artists with similar interests and sounds to my self (http://mp3.com.au/migcrew). Having it local seems only logical.

In anycase, I'm not in it for profit (and I can give you many lectures about this...), but rather for the music.

It doesn't matter whether you're in it for profit or not, at the end of the day you're still gonna incur the same (significant) costs and encounter the same hurdles. You're in a limited local market, set inside a global market that itself isn't all that huge, so demand will be limited ... and since you're just starting off, you're gonna have to factor in additional costs for that fact alone. Even breaking even is gonna be very tough.

If you just wanna get people to hear your music, there are easier, cheaper, and, some would argue, better ways to go about it.

Anyways, good luck if you do try to run with it.

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  18:17:08  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I also didn't say it would simply be just Hardcore, or vinyl (though I would do both...). I just want to start a label, for artist to get out there.

In fact, the "label" I'm on now (my li'l business for manufacturing and distribution my current album) has "broken even".

Costs, shmosts - we're only on this earth for a short time and so long as I'm prepared for the next life, I'm set.

"I don't listen to hardcore to make me happy, I am happy therefore I listen to hardcore".

-=[ryg0r]=-

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  18:38:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ whoa there rygor! Don't get so defensive ... it's not *my* money you're investing - it's not me you should be justifying your decisions to

Like I said, mate, good luck with it. It sounds like this is what you really wanna do, so go for it. I think it's great that you wanna do something like this (non-profit label for up&coming artists) and I do hope you succeed. Just know that it isn't gonna be all peaches and cream, just like any new start-up business - there're too many people out there who think like this and get f***ed as a result.

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/14 :  21:19:43  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I don't mean to sound too defensive. Sorry, if thats the vibe you get, after all we're both from Sydney!!

I know that when climbing to the top of mount everest, is really tough.

Thanx for the advice though.

-=[ryg0r]=-

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  00:42:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ you're welcome

One thing though, when you release that groundbreaking anthem that knocks Shooting Star, Heart of Gold, Eyeopener, etc, off their perch, remember who to send that signed copy to

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/11/15 :  03:34:40  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by strychnine:
^^ you're welcome

One thing though, when you release that groundbreaking anthem that knocks Shooting Star, Heart of Gold, Eyeopener, etc, off their perch, remember who to send that signed copy to

And I'll offer you a fat publishing deal taboot!

Good luck

Nick

ryg0r
Advanced Member

Australia
2,807 posts

34 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/17 :  15:16:12  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
In which case Mr Blaze - check out my stuff @ http://mp3.com.au/migcrew.

strychnine>>>I hope you like.

-=[ryg0r]=-

JAM-HAY

Congo, Democractic Republic of the
66 posts
Posted - 2003/01/25 :  21:19:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
This is the kinda stuff I've wondered about for ages :-) Cheers Nick!
Without sounding cheeky, after all that, what would a middle market hardcore DJ clear in a year?
Would he be drivin a Lada? Astra? Vectra? BMW? Porche?
Would his bird be an old, crusty, saggy papped slapper? short ugly middle aged single mum? a 30 year old average looker? a tall slim 25 year old blonde? A 19 year old tall, long legged, big busted, blonde?
Would he be drinking md 20/20? strongbow? Miller? champagne?
ps? is all your stuff produced in a studio? what was your first set up like?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page