Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 RAVE NEWS
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/11/10 :  16:39:23  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
Three arrested, 445 ticketed at rave
November 4, 2002 (Racine, Wis.) — Acting on a tip from U.S. Customs agents, police infiltrated a rave party, arresting three people and ticketing 445 others while confiscating more than 100 Ecstasy pills and other drugs.
"Rave parties are not going to be part of our community and are not going to be tolerated," Lt. Robert Purdy said of such underground gatherings of youths that feature techno music.

Undercover police paid for admittance to the party, and were able to contain others there by blocking off all building exits, Purdy said.

The vast majority of those attending were not from Racine, mostly because the rave had been promoted nationwide through fliers and the Internet, he said.

While some were from Milwaukee and Chicago, the rave attracted people from as far as Nevada, Maryland, Missouri and Arizona, Purdy said.

Police said the arrests were drug related and municipal tickets were issued against 445 on accusations of being "patrons of a disorderly house with controlled substances."

Officers said they confiscated marijuana and cocaine in addition to Ecstasy.

(We all got done over for listening to the wrong type of music)

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

Alert moderator
RaverBaby69
Average Member

United Kingdom
234 posts
Posted - 2002/11/10 :  17:03:37  Show profile  Send a private message
how sad

"I'm having the best time being off my pickle and feelin the music"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/11/10 :  18:13:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
there was a party here on the 2nd that got raided by ATF and DEA, 27 arrests plus tickets. shut down the venue and it's now federally owned.

"Everybody... rock, rock on.. "

DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  04:51:17  Show profile  Send a private message
THAT IS A ****ING JOKE!!!!

it really pisses me off wen i hear this shit - instead of arresting us, the happy like minded ravers just after a good time - why dont they infiltrate all that hip hop and r'n'b crap where theres violence, probably drugs too, and worst of all, guns, lots of guns!

i might not be correct cos i dont live in the states but thats the impression i get.............

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  06:11:19  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
the american goverment should be burned
if you dont mind me saying :)

Garage Is where You Keep Your ****in Car
House Is where You Live
Hardcore Is HOW You Live

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  08:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
Heh I said it before and I say it again, the land of the free?

Fukking Nazi's.

Lets hope we follow Europe and not America!

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  08:06:06  Show profile  Send a private message
this country is famous for it's riots and standing up to authority - it would never stand in UK IMO

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  11:24:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Solstice:
it really pisses me off wen i hear this shit - instead of arresting us, the happy like minded ravers just after a good time - why dont they infiltrate all that hip hop and r'n'b crap where theres violence, probably drugs too, and worst of all, guns, lots of guns!

[rant]
So ... basically you want them to stop punishing us for listening to a particular type of music, and to start punishing someone else for exactly the same thing. Great idea.

See, thing is, these "happy like minded ravers" happen to consume drugs, and lots of them. As a matter of fact, it's the drug aspect that makes it into the media more than any ofher facet of the scene, so when they started waging a War On Drugs, the rave scene became one of the battlefronts.

The problem is that we can't convince them that we're not all junkies, reason being with pretty much every raid they do find drugs in the building. They release this to the media, and of course the media focuses on that. (As an example, this one time the media made a big deal about arresting 1/2 dozen people at an outdoor, multi-day event ... there were 10000+ people there).

The solution? Leave the drugs at home. Let 'em raid a couple of raves where no drugs are found, where there are no e-tards slumped over a railing, where all they find are, indeed, "happy like minded ravers" bouncing around, giddy with love for the music, the scene, and eachother.

Of course, that's not gonna happen. We're still gonna smuggle the drugs in with us, we're still gonna have our parties raided and our drugs confiscated and the public image of our scene smeared some more, and we're still gonna wonder why they can't just leave us alone, why they have to wage this War On Raves (as if there is one).

To every person who takes drugs at raves and hams it up for the cameras, to every person who smuggles drugs into raves, either to sell or to take, to every person who's ever hidden behind the excuse, "It's all about the music ... the drugs are just an enhancement", I say this:

We brought it upon ourselves. They think we're junkies because we are junkies, or at the very least act so close to the fact that you can't tell the difference. Think about it. We know about the laws, the rules, the guidelines. We know about the punishments, so when all is said and done what right do we have to claim innocence?
[/rant]

DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  11:38:31  Show profile  Send a private message
[quote]Originally posted by strychnine:
[rant]
So ... basically you want them to stop punishing us for listening to a particular type of music, and to start punishing someone else for exactly the same thing. Great idea.

ok so i worded it wrong - i didnt mean that! i meant why cant they just give us a break?

"We brought it upon ourselves. They think we're junkies because we are junkies, or at the very least act so close to the fact that you can't tell the difference. Think about it. We know about the laws, the rules, the guidelines. We know about the punishments, so when all is said and done what right do we have to claim innocence?
[/rant]"

and im not a junkie - i dont do ****in drugs!! so not all of us are junkies!

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  12:02:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Solstice:
and im not a junkie - i dont do ****in drugs!! so not all of us are junkies!

Do you think it matters? As far as the media and the authorities are concerned, you're bundled in with the rest of us, and all they see is a segment of society whose drug use is on a higher level than that of pretty much everyone else.

"why cant they just give us a break?"

When "us" includes the users, the pushers, the very people they want to stop from what they're doing? Good f***ing luck. You want a break? Clean up the scene. Convince everyone to not take drugs, or at the very least, take the drugs before the party so there're no illicit substances on the premises. While you're at it, get on the ball to the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, and organise a meeting ...

Look at it as a whole. We as a group brought it upon ourselves. The rave scene was built on drugs in the first place, and it's continued down that path even in the face of widespread public condemnation and the threat of legal sanction - we should congratulate ourselves for our determination, at least. At the end of the day, however, we are in absolutely no position to say that we're without fault in all of this. The hunter set the trap, but we, knowing exactly what and where it was, decided to walk into the damn thing anyways. Good on us.

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  14:26:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
It would be great to think that the foundations of the rave scene here in Sydney was based on peace, love and unity. But, as strychnine has pointed out this is not the case. Unfortunately, it is just another market which is exploited by the dealers. A small, but, dependable market.

The issue is how do Government's legislate to cut out this market and other markets like it? ( which is the ultimate goal. Whether it can be acheived or not is another point). In the US they have attacked both sides of the market, going after users and pushers alike. The prisons are filled with narcotic offenders. In the Netherlands, however, they attack the supply side, but, offer users other options rather than the prision sell. Here in NSW is seems we are heading towards, although at a snails pace, a more understanding approach in regards to users. However, on ocassions the police here in NSW like to do raids on users and given that raves attrack many users and small time dealers , raiding a rave is a good use of resources as far as the police is concerned.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/11/11 :  18:01:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
its all about the general population
99%against drug
1% for drugs

1% = ravers and so on

"what goes up must come down"...so keep popin!

WEBA D

number2301

Virgin Islands (US)
408 posts
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  09:00:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit number2301's homepage
Heh. Yeah drugs are evil it needs to be stopped. No it ****ing doesn't! I was pro drugs before I ever thought of taking them and I still am now! Its people's own choice for ****s sake.

-------------------------
Number 2301 is godverdomme het HARDSTE!

'Living in my world is easy, there is only peace, love and ... ecstacy'

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/12 :  10:19:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by number2301:
Heh. Yeah drugs are evil it needs to be stopped. No it ****ing doesn't! I was pro drugs before I ever thought of taking them and I still am now! Its people's own choice for ****s sake.

It's not about whether you have the right to take drugs or not. It's about knowing what mainstream society thinks of drugs and knowing the consequences of maintaining the high level of drug use in the scene - including, at worst, a scene so heavily downtrodden, so heavily repressed that everyone just gives up. Honestly, do the drugs mean that much to you?

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/11/13 :  04:27:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
i agree pretty much with what strychnine said....

is it true however that everyone issued with a "ticket" has to pay something like US$968???? that's what i heard??? these are not people who got arrested or caught with drugs, these are just people who were at the party.... how can this revenue to the police possibly be justified???? it's not targeting drugs, it's targeting a drug environment. that's like saying an effective way of cutting down crime is to carpet bomb the ghettos. sure as ****, it would no doubt cut down crime, but it's not the accepted or morally right way to go about it. if they're going to try and get rid of the drug aspect, fair enough, understandable (to an extent), but to destroy it's environment is very sad.

it's interesting to compare to America's "war on terror" shit, instead of targeting the terrorists they destroyed their whole surrounding environment in the hope that they would sweep them at the same time. same thing happening here.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/13 :  10:39:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by pacman:
that's like saying an effective way of cutting down crime is to carpet bomb the ghettos. sure as ****, it would no doubt cut down crime, but it's not the accepted or morally right way to go about it.

"Accepted"? "Morally right"? Yes, I agree that it's wrong to flatten the forest just to find the fox, but it's not my morals that these laws represent, nor yours. No-one outside of the rave scene gives a flying f*** about us. If the scene is destroyed in the process of fighting the war on drugs, then they'll shrug their shoulders and get on with their lives. Many would actually applaud it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page