Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Lorenzo.Tweakn
Advanced Member

United States
1,327 posts
Lorenzo.Tweakn has attended 2 events
Posted - 2012/12/20 :  00:49:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lorenzo.Tweakn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo.Tweakn:
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
all depends on what you define as "make it" i guess

if you're making music solely to get to the top of some imaginary ladder then I'd say thats the wrong reasons to make music.

you should make music because you like it and as an artistic expression of yourself
if that gets you 'somewhere' then thats just an added bonus.

some people feel as if music is a competition which is one of the reasons why there's so much hate between the up & comers

I don't think there is any hate. Hate is a strong word.

well. they get a feeling to be a complete dick to each other. :p

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Charger

Singapore
278 posts
Posted - 2012/12/20 :  13:27:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Charger's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by electrogen:
I never started producing for the fame and fortune. It was an accident really. Went on a dj course with the dwp in the uk and it went from there found an ejay disk somewhere and ended up buying cubase etc. producing music is the only thing that makes sense and is the only thing i truly love.

First off, producing tracks is something that requires a lot of patience. And it wouldn't be an accident tbh. I've listened to your other tracks in HP.org back in the days and they're pretty good. I'm not trying to console you but, it gave me the impression that you did put in a lot of effort in your tracks. However, if you truly love producing, there isn't a need to care about milestones and achievements, or even a business. Just take it as a hobby and an outlet for releasing your stress from work or studies.

quote:
But im slow at getting things but im a fast learner. Everything is there in my head i just cant get it out when i need to. I can tell others hiw to improve a song but never my own. I just been diagnosed with a genetic disorder which accounts for why this is but that isnt y i dont think i should carry on. Everytime i try to keave as it were i always come back i cant help it it like a drug lol. But it deffo not for fame. Just doesnt seem to be heading anywhere and i dont know how to get it anywhere

When you provide constructive feedback to your mates, you're just listening to the track at a different angle from them. This is why their tracks "improved" in your opinion. This does happen to me many times, as I put myself in the shoes of another producer's track and provided a suggestion to "improve" their tracks. You can't possibly give your passion for production a death sentence just because of your genetic disorder. Production might even be your cure if you look at it that way.

I can honestly tell you that even my tracks aren't really that slammin' and I don't DJ at all. When I give out my tracks as promos, I don't expect them to be played out by every single one of them. I used to produce tracks for the sake of likes and followers and care so much about what others feel about the track. However, being happy and enjoying the process of making the tracks I want to is what I am concerned with now. Don't make tracks for the sake of impressing others, just make it for your enjoyment and banter.

quote:
Im gonna give up chasingvthe dream as it were because i recently learnt that to make it you have to dj to produce to fill up your mix.

There's no such thing as a fixed formula for "making it". As you can see from the Hardcore Heaven Awards and other remixing competitions, it's always been more of the popular choice that really "makes it". However, if you are working towards saving this dying genre, you have to put music production as a hobby instead of your livelihood.

Everyone including me starts shit at some point but perseverance will get you somewhere. Even artists like Psy didnt get famous overnight with Gangnam Style as it was more of an opportunity after 10 years of existence.

I'm not a person who will express my thoughts as freely as you would think. But I can't just stop seeing another producer giving up his dream time and again as it's really annoying when good producers leave the scene. (e.g. Stormtrooper, Impact, Wizbit, Sytronik, Stu Allan, Starstruck, Naggy, Audien, Influx .... )

Polarity

United Kingdom
23 posts
Posted - 2013/01/15 :  10:34:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Polarity's homepage  Reply with quote
if you have stopped having fun djing, then id say stop, but don't quit because you cant produce your own tracks to put in your mix, do something about it!

your never too old, buy a DAW and start making your own music!
Theres shit loads of tutorials on youtube, if you work hard every day learning, id say you would be completing your first tunes in a matter of months!

And you dont need a 10,000 pound studio to make music man, a laptop and some headphones would suffice.

i started out on a laptop with fl studio and ipod earphones

Music is about having fun. hope you change your mind mate

Label SC: https://soundcloud.com/monta-musica

Music FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/iampolarity/

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/01/15 :  11:13:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I don't think there is any hate. Hate is a strong word.

'Hate' is a shit word/concept.

quote:
Originally posted by Polarity:
if you have stopped having fun djing, then id say stop, but don't quit because you cant produce your own tracks to put in your mix, do something about it!

your never too old, buy a DAW and start making your own music!
Theres shit loads of tutorials on youtube, if you work hard every day learning, id say you would be completing your first tunes in a matter of months!

And you dont need a 10,000 pound studio to make music man, a laptop and some headphones would suffice.

i started out on a laptop with fl studio and ipod earphones

Music is about having fun. hope you change your mind mate

You've got it the wrong way around dude - he already produces. :-)

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2013/01/15 11:16:07
The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2013/01/15 :  12:13:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage  Reply with quote
if your only making music to gain fortune and fame then hardcore aint the genre for you try pop music you don't need any kind of talent to make it big and have loads of money and be well known...at least until the next big thing arrives

electrogen
Average Member

United Kingdom
206 posts
Posted - 2013/06/05 :  16:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit electrogen's homepage  Reply with quote
It didnt last long. After a few days i started producing again like habbit.
I came to conclusion that i cant stop. I been producing for over ten years and it something i like doing weather im aspie or not. Since finding out though that it was aspie and being medicated for it and another problem all the ten years worth of info and tricks and everythig i learned has come to the surface and it is now easier to streamline things. Whereas before everythig i learned was lost in my head amongst the fog lol.
Getting the diagnosis has changed things in many ways including finding ot about my self and that makes me happy and it shows in my projects.
At the end kf the day it never was about the money always been about the music i can never think of anything else. It would be good to be known for producing good music even for free.
Usually i get bored easilly of hobbies and activities but music has always been the one thing that never failes me.
So.....
Im back lol
Ps. I have loads of new material and loops etc but cant get them arranged lol

nantk

Spain
69 posts
Posted - 2013/06/13 :  19:13:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit nantk's homepage  Reply with quote
Glad you came back.

As they already said, for me this is a hobby and maybe one day I will produce some "top" tracks, but maybe no; so take it easy and don?t worry mate, above all, enjoy music :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page