Total online 1345
 Radio listeners 170+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Events: UK & Ireland
 I Love Hard Beats - Sound As a Pound! (8 attended)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Only administrators or moderators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Hardbeats HQ
Average Member

United Kingdom
156 posts
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  06:48:48  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Hardbeats HQ's homepage
[8 HappyHardcore.com members attended this event.]
Event name: I Love Hard Beats - Sound As a Pound!
Starts: May 24th, 2013
City/Region: England

==Register for your 1 entry now by following this rather fetching looking link http://ilhb4.eventbrite.com/ ==

Hot on the tails of our super successful Birthday Blowout event, I Love Hard Beats is back to shake the pants off London town! After three insane free parties, we're stepping things up for event four, but at a cost; this event will
set you back a bank-busting whopping ONE POUND! Returning to party in the amazing underground Crucifix Lane warehouse, we'll offer you more bang for your buck with the best Hardcore, Freeform, Breakbeat, Hard Dance, DnB, Dubstep,
Electro, Hardstyle (and more!) that a quid can buy! With international acts, stellar UK headliners, a HBC Live showcase plus a super secret guest performance, you'll need a spare pair of briefs to handle the excitement! So put on
your rave boxers and prepare to party. Register now to pay just 1 on the door! Make sure you bring your best undies on the night; we'll be giving away prizes for the most bodacious bloomers! Wear them over your clothes, on your head
- or even just come in a pair of pants! It's up to you!

You can register for 1 entry at http://ilhb4.eventbrite.com/. It is free to register and you wont have to stump up the one hundred pence until you get to the venue on the night. If you dont register however it will be 10 on the door
so make sure you grab your pound entry reservation now!

Lineup:

**Main Room**

Scott Brown
Super Secret Headliner
Technikore
Carbon Based & DJ Yaya [FINRG Legends]
Hard Beats Collective Live (ft. Nick235, Transcend + Lots More)
Endemic
Rik Arkitech & A.B
Douglas & Thumpa
Solution & Greg Peaks
Amplitude [In His Pants Set]

Hosted by MCs:
Obie, Smythy & Macca

**Remix Room**

Technikal [Hard Dance]
K-Complex & Eryk Orpheus [Freeformation Anthems]
Scott Brown [Bouncy Techno]
Carl Nicholson & Laith [Hard Trance Legends Meets The HBC]
Jester & Khol [Hardstyle]
Entity & Sam B [Hardcore Breaks]
Hyped [Party Mashup]
Drop Ya Jaw [DnB, Dubstep, Trap & Electro]
Seymour Undies & DJ Brief Encounter ft. Skidz MC [Hold On To Your Undercrackers]

==Register for your 1 entry now by following this rather fetching looking link http://ilhb4.eventbrite.com/ ==

Alert moderator
Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  08:44:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Oh yes! Hype levels already through the roof and it's 2 months away. :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  11:19:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Fcuking ludicrous.

Hashtag Pumped.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  12:27:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Ridiculous.

Praying that work will be kind to me for this and HU

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  12:43:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
You're fcuking due some luck with that mate, Jesus. You've got to get to at least one of these.

Still definitely on for Stomp, yeah? Quite a few CHAPS going. Gonna be a wicked atmosphere :-)

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  21:07:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I dunno about HU, but this is a dead cert for me, the last one was just off the fricking scale!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/03/20 :  21:46:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
And it's two months less to wait :-)

But yeah, seriously, that last Hard Beats was probably the best rave I've been to ever.

Hardbeats HQ
Average Member

United Kingdom
156 posts
Posted - 2013/03/28 :  12:06:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hardbeats HQ's homepage
Scott Brown. A name synonymous with the Hardcore scene yet rarely seen on London rave line-ups. Why? We don’t know, but here at I Love Hard Beats HQ we decided enough is enough, this Evolution legend needs to be back in London and needs to be rocking our dancefloor!

Hi Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to do this interview.

Your records have found a home in any true hardcore fan's collection, do you have a personal favourite and, if so, which is it and why?

I've done so many, it's hard to be particular. There are a few I've done that bring a smile to my face and make me think 'How did I come up with that?'.... One being 'Falling to the earth' - I don't know why, I just like the feel of the track. 'Goodbye my friend' as well, it has sentimental reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKwo0S9JG3Y

It's been a while since you have played in London and there is a real buzz about your sets already. Which producers have been doing it for you recently and what can we expect to hear in your set on the night?

It's been years, I know that much (quite possibly freeformation)... It's a shame because London was a regular trip for me at one point, with so many events taking place at Bagleys and so on. It's hard to gauge what I'm going to play this far in advance, so I'm going to bring all my ammunition to fire at the crowd, just in case! I've been getting into a lot of Jakazid and his latest productions as well as JTS from Australia. A lot of great Dutch stuff coming out from the Neophyte and Endymion camps. So much stuff to list in all honesty, I guess you'll hear it soon enough!

You've had countless releases, mixed numerous compilations and are one of the few Hardcore DJs that can really say that they have "been there, done that". You have also experienced the move from vinyl to digital records and the shift to software rather than hardware production set ups first hand.

How do you feel this has impacted the music as a whole and what are your thoughts on whether this is a good or a bad thing?

There are many ways to look at it. One of the first things everyone in

the industry noticed was the sharp decline in sales due to illegal downloads. The announcement that vinyl was now a relic didn't help either. The initial impact was distribution companies such as Amato going bust, along with labels like Resist (Bonkers) - this had dire consequences on 100s of labels and artists. Many other companies have gone under or felt the pinch since the change to digital. This isn't to say it's all bad. One of the great things to come from this is that music is now much more accessible to people worldwide, especially remote places. If someone wants to buy a track, they can buy it from their favourite site with only a few clicks of the mouse. Of course, there will always be the illegal downloaders, but alas, they were always there, buying bootleg CDs and moaning online about everything that ever happened in the scene, without contributing to it in any way!

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Wings...

There seems to be a rise in the number of Hardcore and Freeform albums in

the past year or so which is obviously a good thing. Where do you see the direction of the scene going and will Evolution be playing a part in this?

It can only be a good thing. I think it's great that people are buying tangible goods as opposed to digital only, I know myself, I like to have the CD or boxset as some kind of souvenir! Whether it will catch on or not is unclear, but I do think there's a place in every market for CD albums. I've been asked to be involved in something in the near future, let's just leave it at that right now :)

You have played at uncountable raves. Which is your personal favourite gig, and which was the gig that you first though "I've really made it!"

That's a funny question...'Look mum, I'm a star' hahahaha..... Seriously though, I don't ever think I've had a 'made it' moment, but if I did, I think it would have been the first time I played in Sydney. Australia is one place I always wanted to go, it's always the dream holiday prize on tv shows and seemed so elusive to me growing up. I remember grabbing the microphone at 'World Party - Sydney 1995' and getting the crowd to shout 'Hi Mum' while I took a photo...quality. However, just as you think you're flying high, the taxi on the way back to the hotel that morning broke down and the driver still tried to charge me...back to earth with a bang!

The number of DJs and producers is increasing all the time. Do you have any advice for the up and comers, maybe something they should all strive for or look to avoid?

The best advice is what I done myself. If you're making music, use

tracks of other producers you like as influences, don't copy – be original, and try comparing your mixdowns to what they sound like - it'll never sound the same but if it's close, you're doing something right. Appreciate that if you send demos off to labels, they might not be able to reply due to the sheer volume of tracks they must listen to (I used to think that a certain Dutch label were incredibly ignorant until they liked one of my tracks - they then told me they heard everything, just didn't like it all). As for DJing, again, be original, don't copy mixes or styles because your favourite dj has done it - you'll just end up being another clone. Nothing wrong with being influenced or getting ideas from what they do though.

What is a roboflavalloyd?

I'm not sure but I'll look forward to seeing it on Jeremy Kyle....

I won’t lie. I do hope we see a reference to Roboflavalloyd’s on Jeremy Kyle but I won’t be the one that see’s it live!

Scott, thanks for such a great interview. There is some serious hype for your set in May and we really can’t wait to see you play- this is going to be one of hell of a party!

Now hold on to your pants because the best bit is coming… I Love Hard Beats will cost you less than a packet of hob nobs. You can get in for just ONE POUND. All you have to do is register in advance and you don't have to cough up the dosh till you get there on the night.

I Love Hard Beats: Sound as a Pound Friday 24th May 2013 (Bank Holiday Weekend) 9pm - 6am @ Crucifix Lane, Nr London Bridge

REGISTER NOW FOR YOUR FREE '£1 ENTRY' TICKET: http://ILHB4.EVENTBRITE.COM/

jimmyhypa

United Kingdom
360 posts
jimmyhypa has attended 1 event
Posted - 2013/03/28 :  12:15:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyhypa's homepage
Good read.

Facebook

Twitter

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/09 :  07:40:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
So it's pretty close to the event and the super secret headliner hasn't been announced yet. Any thoughts on who it might be? Most people are thinking it's either Kevin Energy or Sharkey. Gotta say that I think Kevin would be the bigger secret, but any top-tiered or former to-tiered dj would be considered super-secret considering what the price of admission is.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/05/14 :  22:03:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
Absolutely MEGA-PUMPED for this. So close!

jimmyhypa

United Kingdom
360 posts
Posted - 2013/05/15 :  10:41:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyhypa's homepage
Gutted to be missing this one again.

Cue unhappy turtle:

Facebook

Twitter

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/15 :  17:03:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Yeah I'm starting to get that warm feeling as it edges closer and closer. It's gonna be a real humdinger this one!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/15 :  17:57:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyhypa:

Cue unhappy turtle:

haha the next meme celebrity

jimmyhypa

United Kingdom
360 posts
Posted - 2013/05/16 :  10:06:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jimmyhypa's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Cue unhappy turtle:

haha the next meme celebrity

hahaha he's a belter :D

Facebook

Twitter

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2013/05/16 :  16:20:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:

Shame man :-(

quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
Yeah I'm starting to get that warm feeling as it edges closer and closer. It's gonna be a real humdinger this one!

Oh. Yes.

New EventPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page