Page: 
of 9

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/12 :  20:39:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I know it's an old thread but i thought it better to say this here than in a new thread and i'm sorry if this comes across as a bit negative....

BUT the "this is powerstomp" has some cracking stuff on it but also a load of s*** but overall i enjoyed it a lot. Since then Joey had given away a couple of tracks on FB etc that i think actually outshine a lot of the good stuff on the album and i reckon powerstomp is getting better IF it's lethal theory.

You're not completely alone on that one. While there are some tracks I think are great, overall it's not an outstanding album. For me it's just too much of one thing and that kills it for me, because I enjoy variety in my tracks. Maybe if I heard powerstomp live I would be more into it and I'd be able to see if I really could withstand a whole set of nothing but the stuff.

As far as HU album releases go, it's one of my least listened to, along with HU2013.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/12 :  20:50:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I find it fascinating, as it essentially started as a rebellious subset. Almost counter culture. That sort of thing can remain defined as such but cleverly, in my smug self satisfied opinion, it is now absorbing influences whilst remaining true to it's essence. Something which, as a wider genre, we have failed to do at variously key junctures. This is essential for a movement to get traction and sustain relevance. TIP could be accused of being one note, but it was clearly a resonant one.

I think 2014 will be a defining year for various facets, which with an open and supportive framework could lead to a second renaissance of "UK Hardcore" which, happily, may be slightly more internationally inclusive and supportive than previous incarnations.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/03/12 21:36:29
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/12 :  23:55:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I find it fascinating, as it essentially started as a rebellious subset. Almost counter culture. That sort of thing can remain defined as such but cleverly, in my smug self satisfied opinion, it is now absorbing influences whilst remaining true to it's essence. Something which, as a wider genre, we have failed to do at variously key junctures. This is essential for a movement to get traction and sustain relevance. TIP could be accused of being one note, but it was clearly a resonant one.

Were you a literature major or something? you have a way with words

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/03/13 :  12:21:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I think 2014 will be a defining year for various facets, which with an open and supportive framework could lead to a second renaissance of "UK Hardcore" which, happily, may be slightly more internationally inclusive and supportive than previous incarnations.

CDJay

I certainly feel that Hardcore has vastly improved in the last year and a bit (mostly the last year). Not necessarily in that i like it more (although i do), but in the way the genre has moved closer to how it used to be pre-2005. Music and albums made for the music and the dedicated listeners of it without compromising quality by trying to gain a more average audience for the hope of financial gain. This is very refreshing. And the great thing is that i don't even think it's down to the logical progression of the genre following commercial success, there are a specific number of people directly responsible in accelerating the progress, proving that there really are people out there who care about the music and don't just see it as a business.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/03/13 12:26:03
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/03/13 :  12:26:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:

CDJay

I certainly feel that Hardcore has vastly improved in the last year and a bit (mostly the last year). Not necessarily in that i like it more (although i do), but in the way the genre has moved further back to what it originally was. Music and albums made for the music the dedicated fans of it without compromising quality for the hope of financial gain. This is very refreshing.

Hard2Get is right, this calls for a bouncy techno revival!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/13 :  13:16:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Were you a literature major or something? you have a way with words

Alas, no. I was at the pub. See also: HU1.

CDJay

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  13:08:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Alas, no. I was at the pub. See also: HU1.

CDJay

You did HU1 whilst you were at Uni?!

Also, you in Lichfield tomorrow night? Tequila sesh?

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  18:44:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
No, i drank some vodka then wrote the blurb. Straight after that i sent that blurb to the artwork guy with instructions to make my photo "bigger than the DJs". The problem, of course, is that i inevitably wake up and think "YEA, DAMN RIGHT". My eventual intervention will run like a montage of inspiration.

Aaaaaaanyway.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  18:46:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes i fully plan to make a working evening of tomorrow, networking and the like.

I fear for us all.

CDJay

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  19:03:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Yes i fully plan to make a working evening of tomorrow, networking and the like.

Good luck with that.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  20:29:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
My definition of the aforementioned is loose enough to call it a success even irrespective of reality based constraints.

In this industry i call this a "Sanity Blanket"

CDJay

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/03/15 :  09:32:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

I basically didn't understand any of the last three posts.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/03/15 :  10:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I will be there, with bells on. Fun times shall be had.

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/03/15 :  10:39:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I will be at home, gently rocking and wallowing in my own self pity.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2014/03/15 :  11:03:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
I will be at home, gently rocking and wallowing in my own self pity.

It's ok. I'll just have Jay to myself.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/03/15 11:03:50

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 9 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page