Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/05/01 :  22:42:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Only problem with flying down is if your a jakey bastard who likes to take drugs with them lol.

Bring your own is my standard procedure for going out. Call me old and boring but I prefer knowing that I haven't just accidentally necked a load of mephedrone and/or ket.

I've been through airport security with some of the legal RCs on me several times before with no problems (it was stuff that definitely would've gotten me stopped and fisted if they found it). Don't really have the balls to try it with anything I'd be in proper trouble for though. :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2013/05/01 :  22:49:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Where abouts are you, Elliott?

:-)

Appreciated! ;)

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/05/20 13:37:51
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/05/02 :  09:35:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Only problem with flying down is if your a jakey bastard who likes to take drugs with them lol.

Bring your own is my standard procedure for going out. Call me old and boring but I prefer knowing that I haven't just accidentally necked a load of mephedrone and/or ket.

I've been through airport security with some of the legal RCs on me several times before with no problems (it was stuff that definitely would've gotten me stopped and fisted if they found it). Don't really have the balls to try it with anything I'd be in proper trouble for though. :P

Same here mate, but I would never risk going through airport security with it. Best way for me probably would be to get the train down then fly back up

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/05/02 :  09:38:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Edit.

Edited by - _Jay_ on 2015/05/21 05:51:53
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  13:59:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
Lads. Shall we try sort this out?

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  14:46:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
They should hold the event somewhere in Suffolk or Norfolk.

It would be easier for the european visitors plus good locations and not so so crowded with people to get about

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  14:50:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mental_Adam:
They should hold the event somewhere in Suffolk or Norfolk.

It would be easier for the european visitors plus good locations and not so so crowded with people to get about

that would be the best i guess

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  15:24:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
It all depends on where the demand is really. If there is a big enough following in that area, then surely and event would have happened already there. I still think that London is a better location, especially for the int'l tourists since there are more flights going into that city than any other in the UK. I don't see myself making out to any of them in the near future sadly.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  15:27:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I couldn't think of a worse place than Norfolk lol.

Mental_Adam
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
842 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  16:06:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mental_Adam's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I couldn't think of a worse place than Norfolk lol.

Norfolk is better than alot of counties.... Shame we have to put up with alot of northerners and southeners who move down here or come holiday..

We're the most peaceful county, it's the outsiders who cause the main problems here ;)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  16:07:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Midlands would be the best idea, easy and cheap enough for most people to get to. I know some of you prefer the smaller events but Uproar is meant to be great and thats in Birmingham, although not sure when the next one is. Not sure what the timescale is either but if its a bit further away then HTID NYE is at the Q Club in Birmingham again this year, brought in 2013 there and I was blown away with how good a night it was, MASSIVE!

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2013/05/29 16:08:36
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  16:27:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
We're the most peaceful county,

Exactly. Hard and expensive to get to for most! And there aren't usually raves there. London or
quote:
Birmingham are very cheap and easy to get to on the other hand no matter where you live.
brought in 2013 there and I was blown away with how good a night it was, MASSIVE!

The Q club was the only venue I've been to where i actually did not like the venue at all. Also way too many security there.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2013/05/29 16:29:31
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  16:43:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Hard and expensive to get to for most! And there aren't usually raves there. London or
quote:
Birmingham are very cheap and easy to get to on the other hand no matter where you live.
brought in 2013 there and I was blown away with how good a night it was, MASSIVE!

The Q club was the only venue I've been to where i actually did not like the venue at all. Also way too many security there.

When were you there? I've heard stories how there used to be an issue with security a few years back but can't say I noticed too many bouncers at new year. The q club is actually in my opinion the best rave venue I've been to, one of the loudest clearest sound systems I've ever heard and everything about it is just huge.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  16:51:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

When were you there? I've heard stories how there used to be an issue with security a few years back but can't say I noticed too many bouncers at new year. The q club is actually in my opinion the best rave venue I've been to, one of the loudest clearest sound systems I've ever heard and everything about it is just huge.

I recall the sound in the main room being pretty good actually. This was back in 2008 though or so. Maybe 2007 even. The security was way over the top. At every doorway, on every corner. Very oppressive.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/05/29 :  17:00:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I recall the sound in the main room being pretty good actually. This was back in 2008 though or so. Maybe 2007 even. The security was way over the top. At every doorway, on every corner. Very oppressive.

TBH the only people who notice or complain about the excess security are the ones who are doing something they're not supposed to lol

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page