Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/12/10 :  21:57:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warnman:
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
I supose it depends on where in the world you if itsn"dead" or not.... ur in toronto so yesncompared to the uk its pretty much dead lol

And I thought Toronto was one of the rave capitals in North America...

but in comparison to the uk it will be dead

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/12/10 :  22:12:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
I supose it depends on where in the world you if itsn"dead" or not.... ur in toronto so yesncompared to the uk its pretty much dead lol

it is one of the rave "capitals" on this side of the world. Never listen to wilky he doesn't know shit.

the size of the scene isn't as big as it used to be, but it is far from dead. That's the case in many cities in North America. It's predominately led by one promotion company and once they're gone, usually no one is there to take over. Luckily that wasn't the case in Toronto.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2013/12/11 :  09:38:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

I seriusly wish to know where these raves in my area occur. I only know one regular event that I'd classify as a rave. Some Goas here and there as well although I know in northern Germany there are more possibilties. In Lubeck you have a monthly rave which even plays Happy/UK Hardcore. And there's the Gabber and Hardstyle scene which is huge in western Germany.
And I mean Frankfurt is no unknown location. In common with Berlin they were the German rave capitals. Eye Q Records was founded in my area and had a huge influence to the rave music between 1992 and 1997 and of course the scene.

To be honest I think it's really shocking what people in my area define being a rave - especiall when I get tortured by listening to the music they play today during such "raves". Even in a chill-out area they play better music.

My brother goes over to play on a Techno sound system, I'll ask about some details for you next time I see him. The crew came over here a couple of times to play on the local rig, they all seem really nice. It is very much Techno and minimal stuff though, that sort of thing.

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2013/12/11 :  14:48:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:

it is one of the rave "capitals" on this side of the world. Never listen to wilky he doesn't know shit.

the size of the scene isn't as big as it used to be, but it is far from dead. That's the case in many cities in North America. It's predominately led by one promotion company and once they're gone, usually no one is there to take over. Luckily that wasn't the case in Toronto.

As I said... compared to the uk its **** all

Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2013/12/11 :  15:20:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/coachfiller

Seems appropriate.

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Warnman has attended 2 events
Posted - 2013/12/11 :  20:31:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
My brother goes over to play on a Techno sound system, I'll ask about some details for you next time I see him. The crew came over here a couple of times to play on the local rig, they all seem really nice. It is very much Techno and minimal stuff though, that sort of thing.

I really appreciate your effort, man! Thanks a lot!
I went to several Techno/Minimal events in my area, because they are currently the most rave-able genres that get played over here. I've also talked to a few DJs and barely anyone is aware about the past of rave music. Barely anyone knows about genres like Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Hardtrance, Acid Techno, Progressive House, Hard House, etc. anymore.
I must be getting old, when I start to grumble like this...

"Happy Hardcore: Love it... hate it... it's fun!" (Matt Stokes)

Edited by - Warnman on 2013/12/11 20:33:16
Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2013/12/11 :  20:32:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
EDIT: shameless double post!

Edited by - Warnman on 2013/12/11 20:33:57
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2013/12/25 :  14:23:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underloop:
It smells a bit funny, but its definitely not dead!

Long time no speak!

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/01/13 :  21:54:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, i live here in miami and raves are so such thing, only clubs and Electro house music festivals, especially the hardcore scene, its pretty much dead here... sadly, but i do want to start a FM Radio station here playing All kinds of Electronic music (Especially Happy Hardcore

Warnman
Advanced Member

Germany
2,676 posts
Posted - 2014/01/14 :  20:23:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Warnman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjZelous:
Well, i live here in miami and raves are so such thing, only clubs and Electro house music festivals, especially the hardcore scene, its pretty much dead here... sadly, but i do want to start a FM Radio station here playing All kinds of Electronic music (Especially Happy Hardcore

What happened to 93.1 South Florida's Pure Dance Channel?
I know them from some great Trance mixes.

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/01/14 :  20:39:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage  Reply with quote
93.1 is now a rock station :(

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/01/25 :  03:27:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage  Reply with quote
My amount of activeness in my local rave scene has greatly decreased over the years. My passion for the scene started to leave when I went to an event by a production that focused on harder genres started by people younger than me, but was told no whistles were allowed because it "annoyed them". The "candy ravers" were only in candy as a fashion statement, not to trade, not to go around and greet people, but to only stay in their cliques as well. This all age attitude greatly dampened my spirits. Now, the promoter himself is an awesome guy, and through him, I've gotten to see many of my favorite artists, but the attitude of the "new way & we're the new ones, so it's our way" just got to me. Back in my home scene (Atlanta), things went downhill as well as dubstep took over and the scene went to trash.

The only events I do now are psytrance events. In my case, that "magic" of the rave scene has faded.

Darts
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
531 posts
Darts has attended 34 events
Posted - 2014/01/29 :  12:05:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Darts's homepage  Reply with quote
The rave is very much alive

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/01/29 :  12:35:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darts:
The rave is very much alive

Daves keeping it captive in his basement.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/02/04 :  19:43:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage  Reply with quote
Where I live it's not really dead but its a little sad. Kids only go to these events for drugs and to hook up. I'm not seeing passion for the music. Yeah Its not dead, just more widespread. There is basically a mainstream and an underground as with most music scenes.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.74 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page