Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 RIP Audiojelly
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2014/02/10 :  16:29:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage
Just seen the announcement that Audiojelly has now closed so no more 99p .wavs :( Although you had the feeling something was happening as the releases on there had dropped off significantly in November onwards.

Call me cynical but I wonder how long it will be until Beatport & TID raise their prices and increase the length of their "exclusive" periods on some tracks / labels :( TID's ?1.99 for an mp3 for 2-4 weeks (dependent on label) is annoying enough already.

Although it means i'll be using Juno as my main site from now on :)

Alert moderator

Edited by - Alexbturbo on 2014/02/10 17:18:17
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/02/10 :  16:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
wtf?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never even got a chance to enjoy the site!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/10 :  18:24:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I only ever used it for Nukleuz, but yea it's sad as they seemed to be a good store otherwise

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/10 :  18:42:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I was aware of issues a few days ago when the site no longer loaded. Its been a lengthy period of decline. Its a shame that it's happened.

I wonder if this is a sign of digital sales dropping? On a macro scale, the industry saw the first drop in digital sales for the first year since digitals inception. http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/5855162/digital-music-sales-decrease-for-first-time-in-2013. Streaming seems to be the next big money maker in music. People stream from their devices or PC through from Spotify or Youtube very often now. I doubt it'll be long before there's a website created that allows smaller genre labels to upload full tracks for streaming - and somehow monetize the streaming with adverts and what not. It's the way the industry has been moving for the past 18 months.

Edited by - Elipton on 2014/02/13 10:56:34
maddkid53

United States
90 posts
maddkid53 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/02/10 :  21:50:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit maddkid53's homepage
They never accepted my card so I never bought from them. Oh well

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/02/13 :  10:20:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I was aware of issues a few days ago when the site no longer loaded. Its been a lengthy period of decline. Its a shame that it's happened.

I wonder if this is a sign of digital sales dropping? On a macro scale, the industry saw the first drop in digital sales for the first year since digitals inception. [url=cited]http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/5855162/digital-music-sales-decrease-for-first-time-in-2013[/url]. Streaming seems to be the next big money maker in music. People stream from their devices or PC through from Spotify or Youtube very often now. I doubt it'll be long before there's a website created that allows smaller genre labels to upload full tracks for streaming - and somehow monetize the streaming with adverts and what not. It's the way the industry has been moving for the past 18 months.

In the case of streaming i agree. I use spotify whenever i can. Everything in one place with a huge ease of use is the attraction no doubt. To create a playlist with youtube is a great deal more hassle and then there is the issue of quality. I don't even know how to do it with youtube still.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/02/13 10:23:31

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.05 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page