Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  09:51:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
Kors K is actually incredibly nice and a very approachable guy. His music started out gaining popularity through the Bemani series of games (DDR, Beatmania, Pop'n'music etc). Around 2009 or 10, me and a large group of Bemani players from Ohio jokingly invited him on a canoe trip with us. Much to our amazement, he accepted on the condition that we pay to fly him out there. We pooled our money and arranged a ticket. However, it was set for August 9th, and since the US expresses dates MM/DD/YYYY and Japan uses DD/MM/YYYY, Kors K got confused and ended up missing the flight since he thought it was a month later. He was so embarassed and sorry that he ended up buying a ticket for the very next day with HIS OWN MONEY (which had to be a couple thousand USD for a day-of ticket from Japan to the US) and flew out just to hang out with us. He ended up missing the canoe trip but still hung out with us for a few days, during which he showed us a bunch of upcoming tunes and unreleased stuff. He was really cool and really nice and this whole encounter actually opened the doorway for him to get a number of American gigs.

Haha what a legend.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  11:45:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:
However, it was set for August 9th, and since the US expresses dates MM/DD/YYYY and Japan uses DD/MM/YYYY,

The rest of the world uses the DD/MM/YYYY system lol. I'm afraid America is quite isolated in that retardation of the date system :)

no, Japan uses YYYY/MM/DD, just like Sweden

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:09:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Kors K is actually incredibly nice and a very approachable guy. His music started out gaining popularity through the Bemani series of games (DDR, Beatmania, Pop'n'music etc). Around 2009 or 10, me and a large group of Bemani players from Ohio jokingly invited him on a canoe trip with us. Much to our amazement, he accepted on the condition that we pay to fly him out there. We pooled our money and arranged a ticket. However, it was set for August 9th, and since the US expresses dates MM/DD/YYYY and Japan uses DD/MM/YYYY, Kors K got confused and ended up missing the flight since he thought it was a month later. He was so embarassed and sorry that he ended up buying a ticket for the very next day with HIS OWN MONEY (which had to be a couple thousand USD for a day-of ticket from Japan to the US) and flew out just to hang out with us. He ended up missing the canoe trip but still hung out with us for a few days, during which he showed us a bunch of upcoming tunes and unreleased stuff. He was really cool and really nice and this whole encounter actually opened the doorway for him to get a number of American gigs.

That's absolutely amazing man. What a great story!

Wonder if I can lure some international DJs to come and hang out with me.....

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Cyrax has attended 9 events
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:42:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

sounds kinky

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:49:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

Gonna start calling you Jaysef Fritzl. Luring international DJ's into your sex dungeon.

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2014/02/26 :  13:54:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
quote:

Gonna start calling you Jaysef Fritzl. Luring international DJ's into your sex dungeon.

I think lure was the wrong word to use

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/02/27 :  20:55:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

You can come as well, if you like.

quote:
Originally posted by Cyrax:

Was pretty accurate, to be honest.

Are you going to be at Hard Beats tomorrow mate?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/03/03 :  13:08:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Most of the one's I've chatted to in person have been great, happy as anything for a chat, not ignoring you despite possibly having to dash for another gig.
Most on Facebook have got back to me pretty rapidly when I've PMed them or posted enquiries to their wall, Brisk, Vibes, Billy Bunter, Modulate, Slipmatt, Luna-C, Stu Allan, Unknown, Technikore, Ramos, Vinylgroover, LiveLee, Whizzkid, Al Storm, Joey Riot, Kevin Energy, Hixxy being notable examples over the years from the top of my head. I'm not just name dropping for the sake of it or anything, I'm not pretending to be mates with these people but for them to take the time to reply to even the silliest/most basic questions when they are probably inundated with messages and probably generally busy anyway makes them nice enough in my book. They have always been polite and helpful too, rather then being blunt or dismissive.
Gammer, Sy, Shimamura, Dougal, and Breeze are a few examples of artists who have not gotten back to me but it doesn't necessarily make them 'bad guys'. They probably simply didn't see them or didn't have the time to respond.
There are others I've not really spoken to or have done only briefly, but generally all seem nice as anything. I don't know too much about what goes on behind the scenes but in general they mostly seem pleasant enough.
Of course I could be wrong, they could all be utter cunts in real life for all I know.

Sy replied to me when I asked him a question (can't remember what it was though). Guess he just hates you!

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/03/03 :  13:16:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Also, this thread needs more bitching so CONFIRMED BAD GUYS:
- Breeze (ignorant "hater" hater who has a record of being incredibly ****y to certain people of value to the hardcore scene)
- Gammer (just seems incredibly arrogant nowadays, also known to get involved with all the "hater" ********)
- MC Storm (CONFIRMED ****, Sy scandal)

Uh, I guess that's it. I tried to send a message to Styles on Facebook once to see there was any chance he'd release the 2009 Takin' Me Higher update. He never replied but I don't think he even controls his page directly. Still want that tune though!

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/03/03 13:32:35
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/03/03 :  18:55:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

As a lot of people have said, there are so many good guys in Hardcore it's unreal. People that really stand out are guys like Fracus, Darwin and Al Storm. I always enjoy talking to them and they always make the effort to stick around and chat.

I also spoke to Eryk Orpheus properly for the first time on Friday and he is an absolute legend. Such a nice bloke.

quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
Uh, I guess that's it. I tried to send a message to Styles on Facebook once to see there was any chance he'd release the 2009 Takin' Me Higher update. He never replied but I don't think he even controls his page directly. Still want that tune though!

Unreal track.

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  02:26:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
whoohoo I made the 'Good' list, though sure a few people wouldnt agree with that ;) but thankyou guys!

I have met some amazing people to add to the good list and a fair few to add to the bad list, but over the years one thing i have learnt as an artist, is not to let people ever get you down! this scene can be very competitive and even status gets to some peoples egos. At the end of the day, people should treat people how they would like to be treated in return plus manners cost nothing

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  06:07:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:
whoohoo I made the 'Good' list, though sure a few people wouldnt agree with that ;) but thankyou guys!

am I one of them? =P
Well, personally I dont really like your tracks, but I wouldnt put you on a bad list

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Sc@r
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
633 posts
Sc@r is verified hardcore artist Sc@r has attended 34 events
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  13:33:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Sc@r's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Sc@r:

am I one of them? =P
Well, personally I dont really like your tracks, but I wouldnt put you on a bad list

Hmmm that's always been a debatable subject with you ;)

Cyrax
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
623 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  13:43:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Cyrax's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:

You can come as well, if you like.

quote:

Was pretty accurate, to be honest.

Are you going to be at Hard Beats tomorrow mate?

I didnt go as had loads on but will be going to Munted as a sort of preparation for HTID in the Sun.

Am kinda gutted though because it looks like none of the DJs that play freeform are going, but either way i'll be smashed and hopefully giving out some free CD's if I can get my CD sorted

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/03/14 :  17:11:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I didnt go as had loads on but will be going to Munted as a sort of preparation for HTID in the Sun.

Am kinda gutted though because it looks like none of the DJs that play freeform are going, but either way i'll be smashed and hopefully giving out some free CD's if I can get my CD sorted

Nice mate, I'll see you at Munted! then. :-)

I am a very possible for HTID In The Sun as well. I was a definite until Ravers in Ibiza was announced, and now I don't know what to do.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page