Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Dj klubfiller
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Smirky
Starting Member

Togo
2 posts
Posted - 2014/03/15 :  23:51:50  Show profile Send a private message
Is dj klubfiller sys replacement?

Alert moderator
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  00:22:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
No. DJ Sy will never be 'replaced'. He brought a unique sound to hardcore, excellent scratching skills and was one of the original hardcore DJ's from way back at the very start. Klubfiller seems to do a lot of closing or 'power hour' sets these days, like Sy did when he was around, but his style is not comparable to Sy in the slightest.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Smirky
Starting Member

Togo
2 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  00:29:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smirky's homepage
I've only seen klubfiller play a couple of times, it was like he was trying to be dj sy playing the same tunes as sy did :/

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  10:27:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Can't say I've ever picked up on any similarities. Klubfillers sets are usually jam packed full of bootlegs and edits, mixed in with some of his own tunes.
Klubfiller partnered up with MC storm after the whole Sy and Storm bust up recently, that probably explains how he gets a lot of prime time sets as his sets are nothing special IMO. Can actually be really annoying.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  13:07:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I think promoters are trying to utilize him as a replacement for Sy since they're putting MC Storm alongside him a lot, but he is FAR from Sy. He can't scratch and he can barely mix. I've never heard him live all by himself only alongside Chris Unknown and I think Dougal, but from the mixes and videos I've seen of him he's definitely trying to sound more like Gammer.

And he also doesn't seem to really be as popular as he and promoters make him(self) out to be. He didn't win any awards at the Hardcore Heaven Awards last year, I think placing last within the categories he managed reach in the top 5. Clearly all that spamming for votes and creating his "vote for me" flyer didn't work. He didn't promote himself for voting him in the Raver's Choice even (as far as I can tell there was no self-promotion) and he only placed 11th out of 19.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  13:26:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Can't say I've ever picked up on any similarities. Klubfillers sets are usually jam packed full of bootlegs and edits, mixed in with some of his own tunes.
Klubfiller partnered up with MC storm after the whole Sy and Storm bust up recently, that probably explains how he gets a lot of prime time sets as his sets are nothing special IMO. Can actually be really annoying.

rofl, so Sy & Unknown wheren't known for playing bootlegs? they had the Ripped2Fcuk label after all :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  16:52:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

rofl, so Sy & Unknown wheren't known for playing bootlegs? they had the Ripped2Fcuk label after all :P

A lot of DJ's make bootlegs. Sy didn't pack his sets full of bootlegs and edits like Klubfiller. His edits in particular where he merges 2 or 3 tunes from other DJ's/producers are particularly annoying.

Have you ever heard a Klubfiller set or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  17:25:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

A lot of DJ's make bootlegs. Sy didn't pack his sets full of bootlegs and edits like Klubfiller. His edits in particular where he merges 2 or 3 tunes from other DJ's/producers are particularly annoying.

Have you ever heard a Klubfiller set or are you just commenting for the sake of it?

I couldn't care less for Klubfiller, as I have heard his tracks (so by default his mixes must be the same shit)

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  17:53:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I couldn't care less for Klubfiller, as I have heard his tracks (so by default his mixes must be the same shit)

same here i've only heard 2-3 of his tracks and decided i never want to hear anything with his name on it ever again

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  18:17:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not particularly fussed about him either. He does have some good tunes imo but chooses to fill his sets with bootlegs and edits, which brings me back to the point that he's nothing like Sy who mostly played original material in his sets. You seem to think otherwise.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/03/16 :  19:52:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:

lol I think you've been here long enough to know the answer to that one.

DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  15:10:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage
Have seen Klubfiller once and that was last year at Dreamscape...thought his set was alright with decent mixes, albeit really short mixes. Comparing KF to the man like Sy is plain wrong...

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2014/04/04 :  20:37:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
Klubfiller is basically a poor mans gammer,
I think he got a fairly good reputation when he first come onto the scene as he worked with recon, I haven't liked any of his solo work plus his sets are 80 per cent bootlegs and mash ups of Darren styles back catalogue.

Shades
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,189 posts
Posted - 2014/04/05 :  06:49:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shades's homepage
I'm still amazed that some people wouldn't spot a troll post if it hit them in the face

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/06/14 :  23:35:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
I've only heard One klubfiller track and it was that one called pure fish with gammer, i think its a a decent track, not the best of tracks. but ive never heard him mix

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/06/15 :  00:06:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Pure pish

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.56 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page