DJ Sy Appreciation Society
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Backmasker

United Kingdom
71 posts
Posted - 2014/04/06 :  01:08:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Backmasker's homepage  Reply with quote
reply deleted. I posted a photo from a Sy fan which made me laugh myself silent but it's very unfair to share it.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Backmasker on 2014/04/06 01:12:04
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/04/06 :  11:44:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
That was him?? I love that track!! Where's it been released? Would love it on "

You need to read the credits lol. Pretty much every track in the mix is by him & Unknown.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/04/06 11:45:46
Luna-C
Average Member

United Kingdom
222 posts
Luna-C is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2014/04/06 :  16:55:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Luna-C's homepage  Reply with quote
Here is my bit of Sy appreciation:

At the tail end of Kniteforce, Sy & Unknown remixed for us. It was just as I went bankrupt and had to sell the label - the history of that is another story. But the bottom line is, I did not pay Sy for the remix. It wasn't deliberate - I had no money for anything, but I simply forgot. Most of the people I owed money to were cool about it. The business people - record press, labels and sleeve manufacturers etc - were all fine with me paying "eventually". I had always paid either on time or early since the label started and had a good relationship with them. But still, giving me that much leeway was incredible. Some of them waited 2 years or so. Most of the artists were cool about it too, and said to forget the debt. A few were dicks, and there was of course justification, because I owed them money. But that got sorted out too. However, I never even spoke to Sy about it, because in the misery and chaos, I forgot I even owed him.
Did Sy slander me, curse me or act like an ass? No.
He did remix Six Days (I think) during the time I was gone, but thats fair enough because at that point I was out of the scene and why not make a little coin on a track when he had lost out on a remix fee. I probably would have done the same thing lol.
When I started KFA and got back into the scene, Sy and I ended up chatting and he gently reminded him that I never paid him for the remix.

So I paid him.

I think it says much for his character that he could have held a grudge (I do with certain people, its hard not to when you feel cheated) and never spoke badly of me that I have heard, when he had every right to.

Other than that, every dealing I have had with him has been nice, friendly. And now that I think of it, perhaps I should ask him to do a remix for me for my label....

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  13:11:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
Here is my bit of Sy appreciation:

At the tail end of Kniteforce, Sy & Unknown remixed for us. It was just as I went bankrupt and had to sell the label - the history of that is another story. But the bottom line is, I did not pay Sy for the remix. It wasn't deliberate - I had no money for anything, but I simply forgot. Most of the people I owed money to were cool about it. The business people - record press, labels and sleeve manufacturers etc - were all fine with me paying "eventually". I had always paid either on time or early since the label started and had a good relationship with them. But still, giving me that much leeway was incredible. Some of them waited 2 years or so. Most of the artists were cool about it too, and said to forget the debt. A few were dicks, and there was of course justification, because I owed them money. But that got sorted out too. However, I never even spoke to Sy about it, because in the misery and chaos, I forgot I even owed him.
Did Sy slander me, curse me or act like an ass? No.
He did remix Six Days (I think) during the time I was gone, but thats fair enough because at that point I was out of the scene and why not make a little coin on a track when he had lost out on a remix fee. I probably would have done the same thing lol.
When I started KFA and got back into the scene, Sy and I ended up chatting and he gently reminded him that I never paid him for the remix.

So I paid him.

I think it says much for his character that he could have held a grudge (I do with certain people, its hard not to when you feel cheated) and never spoke badly of me that I have heard, when he had every right to.

Other than that, every dealing I have had with him has been nice, friendly. And now that I think of it, perhaps I should ask him to do a remix for me for my label....

some people are understanding and know that some people go through tough dark pacthes - nice little story and i bet this happends a lot in the hardcore scene lol and every music scene going

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  13:39:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
That was him?? I love that track!! Where's it been released? Would love it on "

You need to read the credits lol. Pretty much every track in the mix is by him & Unknown.

The CD's at home and I spend all my time at my University house.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  14:24:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Love this track so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjMsi2Qv0y8

Good tune, there is also the 97 remix that I like

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  22:55:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
who can forget this banging tune?

http://www.junodownload.com/ultraplayer/1428027-02-01-01.m3u?r=0&c=0&s=01-01

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  22:58:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
another beast of a tune....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCOu-rc_1m4

tbh without sy we wouldnt have powerstomp now

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  23:05:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
this scott brown remix is better than original but without the original no remix lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VB-sxDwixs

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

645 posts
Posted - 2014/04/07 :  23:15:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage  Reply with quote
gunna post both mixes of this one as i love both

darren styles mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVaLtV-4Qw

sy & unknown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9LvXRd_6ac

siiiick tune vocal on this is just immence with the famous sy & unknown bounce factor

Mitchie DJ
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/04/17 :  15:35:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mitchie DJ's homepage  Reply with quote
hey guys just come across this topic now, I am doing a QUOSH RECORDS TRIBUTE show on tudno fm 107.8 at 10pm uk time tomorrow night. its going to be 2 hours of all the best quosh stuff from the old and into the newer stuff nothing but quosh!!

http://tunein.com/radio/Tudno-FM-1078-s106739/

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/22 :  12:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
If it hasn't been said already, Hands Of Time was quite a tune!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/04/22 :  12:59:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
gunna post both mixes of this one as i love both

darren styles mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVaLtV-4Qw

sy & unknown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9LvXRd_6ac

siiiick tune vocal on this is just immence with the famous sy & unknown bounce factor

I prefer the DS mix because around thsi time, Sy&Unknown started to sound less like Quosh and wanted to sound like Raverbaby instead

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/04/23 :  14:05:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna-C:
And now that I think of it, perhaps I should ask him to do a remix for me for my label....

Yep!

Also good story.

Sulphurik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
954 posts
Posted - 2017/04/07 :  21:39:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Sulphurik's homepage  Reply with quote
Hadn't realised that Sy & Unknown had done a remix of tell Me A Story so hadn't heard this. Liking this.

Nice to hear this one - Do We Have To Say Goodbye. Not listened to the original much, was more familiar with the Breeze & Styles remix but great to hear original again.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page