Printer friendly
Page: 
of 5

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  13:28:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

If you really can't afford them, just pirate them mate. CXH 1-4 are no longer sold as far as I know so no-one's losing any money!

Edit: If you can't find them, PM me and I'll sort you out. I have them all in FLACs that I ripped from the discs myself.

You're gonna find yourself on the naughty step, sunbeam!

As long as this is a no spanking household, I think I'll be fine.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  15:01:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you really can't afford them, just pirate them mate. CXH 1-4 are no longer sold as far as I know so no-one's losing any money!

Edit: If you can't find them, PM me and I'll sort you out. I have them all in FLACs that I ripped from the discs myself.

Actually you can be banned here for actively filesharing in public chat.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  16:29:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh dear. Well, if it happens, it happens! I'll be out of here for good.

Surely no-one morally disagrees with me here?

Silver/mods: My bad. I will help him off-site if he wants me to. Hell, if he PMs me his address, I'll just send him my physical copies. Just the discs though or the postage would cost me a bomb!

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/10/26 16:31:48
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  18:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Silver/mods: My bad. I will help him off-site if he wants me to. Hell, if he PMs me his address, I'll just send him my physical copies. Just the discs though or the postage would cost me a bomb!

what goes on in PMs is between you and the person you're PMing that's not what will get you in trouble. It's just asking for files on the forums and sharing them on the forums that is an issue. So no links or requests for links on where to download stuff that is available for purchase. Even if it's a hard-to-find limited run like the Rebuild albums is not well received here on the forums.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  19:01:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
what goes on in PMs is between you and the person you're PMing that's not what will get you in trouble. It's just asking for files on the forums and sharing them on the forums that is an issue. So no links or requests for links on where to download stuff that is available for purchase. Even if it's a hard-to-find limited run like the Rebuild albums is not well received here on the forums.

Just being swedish is enough for thumpa to go mad at one :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  19:25:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
I think its great that people haven't worked out that our ability to license is the issue.

The problem with Clubland, even during the glory years, is that the Club wouldn't allow heresy. IE us. Check the HU representation over five years. I maintain everyone loses, and is still doing so.

It's a shame it takes a total collapse for reason to intrude.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  21:36:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I think its great that people haven't worked out that our ability to license is the issue.

The problem with Clubland, even during the glory years, is that the Club wouldn't allow heresy. IE us. Check the HU representation over five years. I maintain everyone loses, and is still doing so.

It's a shame it takes a total collapse for reason to intrude.

CDJay

Imagine if you had Breeze do an Album for the HU label, they would have killed off the series at 9.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  21:55:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
What's the point of keeping all your eggs in one basket when one slip means you can lose them all?
Or just as bad, you hold on to the eggs for so long they go off!

HTID were close to being finished because of a combination of mistakes and lack of flexibility. Plenty more might go the same way if nothing changes

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/26 :  23:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough. Thanks mate.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  08:16:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't disagree at all. Whilst i do disagree with file sharing generally speaking, I don't see the problem if we're talking old compilation CDs, it's not like the artists are getting bumped out of money.
While we're on topic, what are people's views on downloading of older tracks which were never officially released. For example I recently seen the full unmixed version of Dougal and Gammers my direction remix available for free download online.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  10:41:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
My opinion -

If I'm not meant to have it, I don't.

There is a pretty long list of stuff I want that was never released but is 'available' but I still don't download it. Call me old fashioned...

I also don't agree with the 'i spend loads on music anyway so why shouldn't I download stuff' argument. I spend a decent amount on albums/downloads, doesn't mean I can help myself to extras!

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  13:48:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
My opinion -

There is a pretty long list of stuff I want that was never released but is 'available' but I still don't download it. Call me old fashioned...

I also don't agree with the 'i spend loads on music anyway so why shouldn't I download stuff' argument. I spend a decent amount on albums/downloads, doesn't mean I can help myself to extras!

Fair enough. That's far too absolutist for my liking though.

If a guy has no money and no-one is actually losing money if he pirates something, I think it's totally acceptable (at least morally). He gains the happiness derived from good music and no-one loses anything so the net effect is positive.

I agree with you completely on the last point.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  14:33:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
My opinion -

Fair dos. I can't really see too much of a problem with it though. Chances are that track will never be officially released seeing as it's about 8 years old, so nobody is losing out on money... And that's the only reason why I'm against file sharing in a broad sense.
I do wonder how this track, and any others, found its way to the Internet though. People who were trusted enough by the DJ's in the scene?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  16:06:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
My opinion -

Fair enough. That's far too absolutist for my liking though.

If a guy has no money and no-one is actually losing money if he pirates something, I think it's totally acceptable (at least morally). He gains the happiness derived from good music and no-one loses anything so the net effect is positive.

I agree with you completely on the last point.

Just one persons opinion though. It's just how I am, can understand what you mean though.

Acey
Starting Member

United Kingdom
2 posts
Posted - 2014/10/27 :  21:53:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Acey's homepage  Reply with quote
I seem to have started a 'hardcore' debate. *Slaps knee*

But yeah, you're all right, the first few albums obviously the best!

For me personally I thought after around 6, that's when you noticed a change..

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 5 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 3.06 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page