Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  13:17:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Are you thinking about a possible series of events Jay or one big 'see how it goes' affair?

If you think there may be more to come then a free party could kick things off nicely with the vision of taking the idea forward.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Ken Masters on 2014/07/26 13:18:21
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  14:35:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
What timescale are you thinking Jay? This year?

Also what could the event be called?

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  15:35:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
How about 'Jays Dungeon'?

has a certain ring to it :)

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  16:04:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

Hahaha. Hosted by Jaysef Fritzl

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2014/07/26 :  23:51:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:

Well thats the name sorted! What next? Haha

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  11:32:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Are you thinking about a possible series of events Jay or one big 'see how it goes' affair?

If you think there may be more to come then a free party could kick things off nicely with the vision of taking the idea forward.

For me, that decision would be made after the first event. It wouldn't necessarily be based on "Did enough people turn up?", but a combination of - did the preparation stress me out too much, how much money have I lost, was I buzzing my absolute tits off when everyone was having a great time?

In short - definitely open to a second or further event(s). But, I wouldn't say I was approaching this with a "Let's make a top event brand and see if we can really do something here" attitude.

quote:
What timescale are you thinking Jay? This year?

No estimated time whatsoever yet mate. I don't want this to be rushed. But, equally, you need to put a date on these things to give you/the group something to work towards so people don't become idle.

I think once we have a definite core of people that are ready to commit time and money to this - then we can say "Right, let's aim for February 2015", for example. Then as we formulate a line-up, contact DJs and hunt for a venue - a date will naturally emerge.

quote:
Also what could the event be called?

Completely open to suggestions mate!

quote:
quote:
quote:

Well thats the name sorted! What next? Haha

Ha ha! You lot are appalling.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/07/27 :  21:43:17  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Count me in

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  00:37:11  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
Disclaimer: Before Silver gets pissy about us using his brand, this would not be a HappyHardcore.com back/themed/supported/associated event.

Why would I be pissy?

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  06:00:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage  Reply with quote
I'll come play pretty much anywhere for a flight and a bed and a promise that I won't die either en route or on location (plane crashes withholding).

Edited by - Bad Corey on 2014/07/28 06:08:49
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  06:55:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
So, we're starting to get an idea of who is seriously on board now.

Deano, Ben, Ken, Olly, Rowan, Jamie and Jay.

Sound about right?

Everyone PM me your e-mail address and mobile numbers!

quote:
Originally posted by Thumpa:
Count me in

Lad.

How is venue hunting going?

quote:
Originally posted by silver:
quote:
Disclaimer: Before Silver gets pissy about us using his brand, this would not be a HappyHardcore.com back/themed/supported/associated event.

Why would I be pissy?

I remember you having words with Darts about "HappyHardcore.com" appearing on a flyer.

quote:
Originally posted by Bad Corey:
I'll come play pretty much anywhere for a flight and a bed and a promise that I won't die either en route or on location (plane crashes withholding).

I think international bookings are a bit beyond us for a first event mate!

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  09:00:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
I remember you having words with Darts about "HappyHardcore.com" appearing on a flyer.

ahh I don't remember the specifics on this sorry, but is all good, in general if you want to call anything a "happyhardcore.com <anything>" you need to ask... Just the same way you can't make an HTID event without asking :) You also can't say you're from happyhardcore.com as a DJ credit unless your a mod or higher :) Same deal you can't call yourself "DJ ABC from Raverbaby" just because you play the records :)

Logos are cool, community events are all good... I'm just trying to avoid any legal issues (I have had people try to sue me because as you all know I create all happy hardcore music in the world apparently!?) plus I don't want confuse official things with community things for people that are unfamiliar with the forums and the members :)

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  11:00:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
I have a background in events (have run several), with helping to run AWF and am completing a 3 year bachelor degree in entertainment business management in six weeks which part of has been running ACTUAL events in all scopes.

If i lived over the pond i'd be ALL over this like jay on a woman with a dong - but ANYTHING i can help with - just ask! I can be especially helpful with the business side as i've been doing this for a while.

An interesting thing might be to start a kickstarter program for this kind of thing. Maybe a lot of people in the local area would be willing to chip in a couple of quid to get this going? A few quid from a couple of hundred people could make a HUGE difference.

If you want my skype or email or phone number just let me know! Be glad to help.

Edited by - Future_Shock on 2014/07/28 11:04:59
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  11:52:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Depending on when it's on i could help facilitate with projection mapping/lighting/stage design

I've done stuff previously for a fair amount of festivals and events in Europe and the UK.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/07/28 :  12:40:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
I have a background in events (have run several), with helping to run AWF and am completing a 3 year bachelor degree in entertainment business management in six weeks which part of has been running ACTUAL events in all scopes.

If i lived over the pond i'd be ALL over this like jay on a woman with a dong - but ANYTHING i can help with - just ask! I can be especially helpful with the business side as i've been doing this for a while.

An interesting thing might be to start a kickstarter program for this kind of thing. Maybe a lot of people in the local area would be willing to chip in a couple of quid to get this going? A few quid from a couple of hundred people could make a HUGE difference.

If you want my skype or email or phone number just let me know! Be glad to help.

quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
Depending on when it's on i could help facilitate with projection mapping/lighting/stage design

I've done stuff previously for a fair amount of festivals and events in Europe and the UK.

Thank you both very much lads. Much, much appreciated.

We're looking very low scale (150-200 capacity venue) and financing isn't an issue. Certainly very grateful for both of your offers for assistance though - I'm sure we'll need help from a number of people!

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/07/29 :  01:30:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
I, too, am in the London area, Jay, so I'd be happy to help if needed. I helped run a do in the East Mids. many many moons ago where we used to get one mainstream headliner per event but the aim of the game was to have as much fun as possible.

Edit: NB: I knew it was a Wayne's World reference before I clicked in to the thread.

Edited by - Mickey Init on 2014/07/29 01:58:09

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page