Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/08/08 :  20:02:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
made some good tunes in his time........ bloody shame really but good luck to the fella.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  00:40:47  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
Hello.

quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
Hmmm, could just be another Sharkey / Thumpa ect..... making a massive statement about how he is leaving, get loads of bookings and then doing the opposite, good producer though so would be a shame if he actually did leave.

I totally understand where you're coming from. I've just had to be honest with myself and accept something I didn't really want to, but ultimately had to.

I do still love my hardcore, even after two decades (God, I'm old - even though I'm listening to an Anime gabber mix as I type this). I just need to focus on other things.

I've been a member on this site longer than I've been a producer and have met several other members. Cripes, I remember playing in Cornwall and when Triquatra walked in - I recognised him and pointed to him, and enjoyed chatting with him and his other half after my set. Dean DMS - I recognised him straight away at an event in London and gave him a huge hug because the dude's a hero (and at HU: Live was quite prepared to ply me with expensive vodka on demand ha ha). Just wish I got to meet the Ionosphere lads :(

Then there's _Jay_. Top, top bloke with a big heart.

I may not post as much as I used to, but still frequent this site. I was always intrigued/nervous whenever I had a mix released - be it on Crush on Hardcore, or on HU, and have been thrilled at the feedback both on here and on ush.net.

I've been a lucky guy. Sure, others get to play all over the globe at festivals etc. etc. but I've ticked my boxes and am happy. I've met so many incredible people and had a ton of fun.

And as for the "something special for last", you'll know it when you hear it. I just hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for the kind comments. Means a lot!

Enough guff.... somebody please send me some links to some decent mixes :)

Clive.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  02:48:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
No fucking shoutout to me??? I flew to Toronto to see you! Well, the whole HU crew really haha

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  07:17:56  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
No fucking shoutout to me??? I flew to Toronto to see you! Well, the whole HU crew really haha

I guess. Biggups to you, dude :)

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  09:28:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Ahh you legend, thanks Clive. We'll have to meet up for a proper drink one day.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  10:01:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

Ahh you legend, thanks Clive. We'll have to meet up for a proper drink one day.

Count me in!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  10:15:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

We really should do something one day, shouldn't we. Get smashed on neutral ground outside of a rave environment.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  10:39:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

We really should do something one day, shouldn't we. Get smashed on neutral ground outside of a rave environment.

Like at a wedding or something...

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/08/09 :  10:44:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

That was quality! Beast of Wakefield! Just turned out to be a big softy in the end. Was hilarious watching him scare the living fcuk out of you for three hours first, though.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/08/11 :  06:12:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
Will be missed, made so many great breakbeat hardcore tracks. His last joint mix cds on HU are timeless. Flow so well.

Wonder who will do the breakbeat mixes on Hardcore Undergrounds now? Slipmatt and CLSM I am guessing.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2014/08/11 06:17:24
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/08/11 :  07:51:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

That was quality! Beast of Wakefield! Just turned out to be a big softy in the end. Was hilarious watching him scare the living fcuk out of you for three hours first, though.

He's on remand for murder right now.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
Posted - 2014/08/11 :  07:54:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Seriously!?

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/08/11 :  11:14:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Would i lie to you Jay? :-P

In all seriousness though, it's about the only thing he hasn't been done for!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.72 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page