Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore artists who blossomed...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  13:59:15  Show profile Send a private message
... in other genres.

I learned this week that Inverse & Orbit1 (from hardcore) together made up Bioweapon, a pretty big name in the Hardstyle scene. Inverse is now 'Code Black' in Hardstyle and has made some pretty huge tracks like this gem:

Obviously Ham has gone on to be very successful in Drum & Bass under the guise Hamilton.

Joey riot is doing very well in the European hardcore scene with Destructive Tendancies. Can you think of anymore hardcore artists who have gone on to be big in other genres?

Alert moderator

Edited by - Claxton on 2014/08/17 13:59:49
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  14:14:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Joey's part of Destructive Tendancies? **** didnt know that. But then I only got one track, their remix of Out of Control by Geminzers.

Not that I liked that kind of Hardcore, but isn't Carl Cox the biggest name that changed genre?

But I'd rather see a list of Artist that do well in other genre's, but still make Hardcore. Joey is definitly still here, and I could argue that it's not too far from "home" (considering Scott Brown has always been active in both brittish and dutch Hardcore scenes) to be considered another genre :P

Re-Con, Squad-E(?), Teknicore

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Samination on 2014/08/17 14:20:32
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  14:48:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
orbit1 is now audiofreq https://www.facebook.com/audiofreqdj?fref=ts

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  15:10:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Andy c start off with hardcore?
And also tiesto, he started by producing gabber.

DJ D-Luc-D

United Kingdom
458 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  15:48:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ D-Luc-D's homepage
Lumin8 & Cheever became Toneshifterz, although now that's just Lumin8 on his own.

Check out my netlabel Touitsu Recordings: http://touitsurecordings.jaycore.eu --- http://soundcloud.com/touitsu-recordings --- http://www.facebook.com/TouitsuRecordings

The Stisk

United Kingdom
130 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  16:12:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Stisk's homepage
Bradley Carter & Eruption went on to become Ruff Driverz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5ouLrUopko

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  16:21:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
Bondy(Luke Bond)
Audien

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  18:27:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
Those that I know off the top of my head:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs! They had some minor success. :)

Sy & Unknown released some tunes as Cheeky Trax, that saw some light on some compilations. A bit of trance and donk.

Al Storm is making some drum 'n' bass inspired stuff as "Eat Rave". Some nice stuff there!

Re-con (Mike di Scala) is a part of Ultrabeat (with Chris Henry who's also had some HC releases), he was also part of Rezonance Q that had some tunes like Someday and Sweetheart. A year ago or two he also produced a very big pop tune (can't remember which one).

Nightforce (freeform producer) has seen some success as his hard trance/hardstyle alias Stardriver.

Ephexis made some psy and released an album as Re:Creation (download it! it's for free and it's awesome!) and also nowdays as FireFarm (drum 'n' bass, drumstep, etc).

Squad-E is D:Code and Hypasonic.

Dougal & Gammer made a few Clubland tunes as Club Generation, but they were mainly just based on some of their hardcore tunes.

Maybe a bit unrelated but Darwin produces music for some Konami games. Like the tune "Lighter Than Air" with Ant Johnson was written for a Konami game (some dancing game). Also "Why Not".

My SOUNDCLOUD

Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/08/17 18:31:25
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  18:50:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs!

Hard 'house'

Sorry but its something that always bugged me ;-)

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  18:56:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs!

Hard 'house'

Sorry but its something that always bugged me ;-)

Hah, don't worry, I'm the same. I stand corrected! ;D

My SOUNDCLOUD

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  19:14:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
quote:

Brisk & Ham were hard dance producers under the guise of Stimulant DJs! They had some minor success. :)

Sy & Unknown released some tunes as Cheeky Trax, that saw some light on some compilations. A bit of trance and donk.

Al Storm is making some drum 'n' bass inspired stuff as "Eat Rave". Some nice stuff there!

Re-con (Mike di Scala) is a part of Ultrabeat (with Chris Henry who's also had some HC releases), he was also part of Rezonance Q that had some tunes like Someday and Sweetheart. A year ago or two he also produced a very big pop tune (can't remember which one).

Nightforce (freeform producer) has seen some success as his hard trance/hardstyle alias Stardriver.

Ephexis made some psy and released an album as Re:Creation (download it! it's for free and it's awesome!) and also nowdays as FireFarm (drum 'n' bass, drumstep, etc).

Squad-E is D:Code and Hypasonic.

Dougal & Gammer made a few Clubland tunes as Club Generation, but they were mainly just based on some of their hardcore tunes.

Maybe a bit unrelated but Darwin produces music for some Konami games. Like the tune "Lighter Than Air" with Ant Johnson was written for a Konami game (some dancing game). Also "Why Not".

Ne-Yo - Let Me Love You

Reached number 1.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  19:39:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Impact worked with Sony Entertainment, no?

Also Technikore produced most of the Example album

fakka13k
Average Member

United Kingdom
182 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  21:02:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit fakka13k's homepage
Vinylgroover

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  21:13:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by fakka13k:
Vinylgroover

& The Red Hed

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  21:37:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Re-con is probably the most successful artist outside of hardcore. As already mentioned he produced a number 1 hit for Ne-Yo. Not forgetting his previous success in the uk charts with ultrabeat. He also makes a lot of popular house music using his real name Mike Di Scala.
Said it before but huge respect to him for continuing to produce/DJ hardcore when he's clearly making a lot more cash in his other projects.

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/08/17 :  23:26:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
Both Re-Con and Technikore came into hardcore from other genre's so I don't think they really fit the opening question

Jon Doe does though. Very successful hard house/dance career.
Sequential One or ATB, trance producer. UK number 1 with 9pm.
DJ Isaac, moving from hardcore through hard house to hardstyle.
Both Billy Bunter and Slipmatt have gone on to do big things in various scenes.

I'm sure there are loads more.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page