Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HTID In The Sun 2015 in Magaluf
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 17

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/10/15 :  22:25:52  Show profile Send a private message
So date and new location have been announced for next year's HTID ITS. New dates are Friday 19th through Wednesday the 24th of June, and nee location is Magaluf, which I had to google to find out was a town on the island of Mallorca.

I know people will be gutted at the loss of 2 nights but I am actually glad about this. I always found the 7 days to be too much, and this also has the potential of making the event about quality rather than quantity. They have to make every set, every booking count. Which hopefully means no more booking your bff that no one has ever heard of, or too many North American DJs that most people won't recognize.

This would be sweet for me because it leaves me time to go do a bit of exploring before and/or after the event, and even the possibility of going to defqon.1 afterwards :)

Alert moderator
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/10/15 :  22:58:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I think I might try and do this. I think it will be really popular and busy.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  04:17:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Nevermind about Defqon if I go to this, looks like both events are overlapping for the first time :(

Damn shame too because usually Defqon.1 occurs during the twenties of June. Looks like I'll have to wait for lineup releases to make my choice if I have the money.

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  06:48:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Interesting. I've been to magaluf before and it's an extremely popular resort absolutely packed full of bars and nightclubs, although the crowd is mainly 18 - early 20's which typically means there is a lot of pissed up knob-ends everywhere. Do we know which club they're using? BCM is the biggest club and it's very cool inside. I seen styles play their once and it was a great night and an excellent sound system. Also very glad about the 2 days less, for the reasons mentioned by Latinxtc.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  08:05:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
No venue right now but I think that'll be determined by the amount of presale tickets sold. And I've been reading and looking up pics of Magaluf and the beach is definitely nicer than Lloret De Mar, but sounds like the crowd is much worse than Lloret. Lots of drunk idiots falling over the hotel balconies lol.

And sadly it'll overlap with Defqon.1!!! So there's definitely no chance of me being able to do both successfully :(

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  08:11:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Very interesting. They should have changed venue years ago, I think everyone was a bit tired of the same old spot. We will go if our circumstances allow it...

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  08:57:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
No venue right now but I think that'll be determined by the amount of presale tickets sold. And I've been reading and looking up pics of Magaluf and the beach is definitely nicer than Lloret De Mar, but sounds like the crowd is much worse than Lloret. Lots of drunk idiots falling over the hotel balconies lol.

And sadly it'll overlap with Defqon.1!!! So there's definitely no chance of me being able to do both successfully :(

There are quite a few differences between magaluf and lloret. Lloret tends to attract people from all over Europe ie Germany, France, UK. Magaluf is basically all UK. Magaluf beach is certainly better than the cat litter tray of Lloret. Lloret is a home to many - people live and work there. Magaluf is specifically a holiday resort where thousands upon thousands of pissed up Brits go for a party every summer.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  09:16:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Shagaluf eh. Nearly went on a stag weekend there last month. Decided to stay in derbyshire and work instead.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  17:38:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage
Magaluf is 10000000x times better than Llloret. For starters Lloret is catered for German, Dutch, Italian folk etc...

There are 2 beaches both of which are real nothing like the rocky mountains in Lloret.

Bars & clubs are all aimed at British folk, The place couldnt get any cheaper if it tried. 1 euro drinks, 10 euro for unlimited drinks for 2 hours and stuff is the norm. HTID could be onto something here as the clubs are always packing and the ones on the strip arent too big to take it maybe only BCM but even then they would have a crowd in anyway just because of what it is.

PLENTY of stuff to do on a night off the rave or something unlike lloret.

I said for years it should have shifted & finally when the scene is on its arse it does it.

Already have a holiday booked for the same dates next year AM ABSOLUTE GUTTED!

Don't doubt it & get it booked youll require buttons in spending money compared to Lloret & especially Ibiza.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  17:58:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I really think this is going to boost the numbers for HTID ITS. I think it will be really popular and get up towards the 1000 mark again.

On the contrary, I think Ravers Ibiza could be a struggle next year. If only 400 went this year for the first one, I can't see it being sustainable, especially in Ibiza.

ConnerIntenzifi

United Kingdom
112 posts
ConnerIntenzifi has attended 8 events
Posted - 2014/10/16 :  18:02:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ConnerIntenzifi's homepage
Agreed & the potential to pull in newcomers at the 18+ mark is huge especially if they love it & start attending events when they get back home, in lloret there was no chance of that happening.

Most of the pics & videos i have seen from ravers it looked pretty dead,

Ibiza is one of those places that reeks of music snobbery, hardcore is not welcome at all there.

Magaluf could be a perfect fit so fingers crossed it is.

bantamlad1
Starting Member

United Kingdom
17 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  15:36:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit bantamlad1's homepage
This will be my first htid in the sun, really looking forward to it :p

when will tickets be out and is it like one package for everything? ta

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  15:50:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bantamlad1:
This will be my first htid in the sun, really looking forward to it :p

when will tickets be out and is it like one package for everything? ta

I'm sure they'll come out with similar options, a club-only package and a package with club and hotels for the whole event. I hope they don't try and keep the packages a secret like previous years because many people have been disappointed by those from the ridiculous distance from the club.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  16:53:46  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
100% going to this, ain't been to a HTIDITS since 2007 and apart from the relentless drinking and smoking resin at Homers Bar I hated it, hated the venue and the 10 euro drinks. Magaluf on the other hand, been to BCM years ago and loved it, and will love the free drink too. I'll either die from alcohol poisoning or have a great time, probably both!

Bring it on!

HollowRipper
Average Member

United Kingdom
155 posts
HollowRipper has attended 12 events
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  17:07:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HollowRipper's homepage
Absolutely gutted i won't be able to go to this. Getting married in new york in November and just won't have the time off to be able to do both.

The only thing that worries me is they say it's gonna be free drink all night, which is something BCM do. And that is a BIG club to try and fill with a hardcore crowd. So unless they've agreed it with another club...

I also don't like the thought of loads of dicks off the street pissed off their faces in there not for the music and just wanting to fight.

If they can avoid those two fights then they are onto a MASSIVE winner for me. Let's hope it work's out.

I was talking to Mark Lambert in amsterdam and all he wants is for people to stop moaning and competing and just enjoy the events.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  18:24:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Does anyone fancy sharing a room with me (Christ that sounds tragic)? I don't have anyone to go with and really want to do it!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 17 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 13  14  15  16  17
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.7 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page