Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Technikore rips off N-Force, Styles & JTS
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Conviction
Starting Member

United Kingdom
15 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  21:22:22  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Conviction's homepage
Just listened to a sample of Technikore ft Jenny J - Lights Down Low (Supersonik Mix) and the vocal instantly reminded me of N-Force vs Darren Styles - Right By Your Side, then the melodie came and it was just a blatant rip off of Anon (JTS) - Byrne. I'm not slating Technikore, he is one of my favourite producers so it came to a surprise that he would do it it with two recent songs. Here are the songs in question:

Alert moderator

Edited by - Conviction on 2014/11/13 21:23:50
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  21:29:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
I don't see it. I will say though that technikore hasn't produced anything of note for a couple of years so nothing would surprise me to be honest but i don't see the link i'm afraid.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Jacco
Average Member

Unknown
166 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  21:45:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jacco's homepage
One hardcore song sounds similar to another? That's outrageous!

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  22:14:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
It's happened a lot of times. It doesn't bother me unless it happens by the same person repeatedly.

Another example: Styles - Getting Better (Re-Con Remix) and Squad-E - Turn It Up.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/11/13 22:16:04
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  23:03:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
First post and the best you can manage is to slate somebody. Brilliant! Loads of stuff sounds similar if you spend time looking for it.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/13 :  23:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Yeah er, no one gives a shit

brenergy

Canada
105 posts
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  01:01:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brenergy's homepage
errm... Lights Down Low pre-dates Byrne (okay, the Supersonik update is newer than Byrne, but the actual melody is the same as it was in the original mix)... and Byrne is actually a JTS collab with the aforementioned Technikore.

but that N-Force / Styles tune... the vocal kiiiiinda starts off with a similar sounding melody, but it trails off so quickly I'd just chalk it up to mere coincidence.

Edited by - brenergy on 2014/11/14 01:02:46
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  01:35:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I know you're new and I don't want to scare you off from ever posting ever again, but are you fucking stupid or something??? Recent???

The original Lights Down Low version was released the 5th of December in 2011 but it was produced well before that. I'm sure someone can give a closer date as to when Technikore actually started playing it at live events, or even the exact day he finished the track. Sure that's a remix, but the melody has been in existence for awhile now.

That Anon(JTS) version is a ripoff of Ellie Goulding's Burn, which was produced in 2012. No way that Lights Down Low can rip off a song it never had access to, nor knowledge of its existence. And that Byrne version was posted the 3rd of September, 2013. The Supersonik remix may have used a similar sounding sample that starts around 0:26 seconds, but it's in the melody that has been in existence at least 3 years now. Also that Byrne track in no way resembles the original Ellie Goulding Burn melody besides the lyrics. What a mess.

As far as Right By Your Side goes, I don't see it. Now if you want to discuss tracks with striking similarities, here you go read this. Someone actually created a post similar to this before me, but I'm showing you mine because it has actual videos.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=52873

And Damn you Brenergy, you pretty much got to this post first and summarized everything I said! lol

Edited by - latininxtc on 2014/11/14 01:36:49
brenergy

Canada
105 posts
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  10:07:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brenergy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I know you're new and I don't want to scare you off from ever posting ever again, but are you fucking stupid or something??? Recent???

The original Lights Down Low version was released the 5th of December in 2011 but it was produced well before that. I'm sure someone can give a closer date as to when Technikore actually started playing it at live events, or even the exact day he finished the track. Sure that's a remix, but the melody has been in existence for awhile now.

That Anon(JTS) version is a ripoff of Ellie Goulding's Burn, which was produced in 2012. No way that Lights Down Low can rip off a song it never had access to, nor knowledge of its existence. And that Byrne version was posted the 3rd of September, 2013. The Supersonik remix may have used a similar sounding sample that starts around 0:26 seconds, but it's in the melody that has been in existence at least 3 years now. Also that Byrne track in no way resembles the original Ellie Goulding Burn melody besides the lyrics. What a mess.

As far as Right By Your Side goes, I don't see it. Now if you want to discuss tracks with striking similarities, here you go read this. Someone actually created a post similar to this before me, but I'm showing you mine because it has actual videos.

http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=52873

And Damn you Brenergy, you pretty much got to this post first and summarized everything I said! lol

what can I say? i think i've invented time travel xD

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  18:07:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
I thought Byrne was purely Technikore? I know the Taylor Swift rip that came out around then was, so I just assumed Byrne was as well.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  18:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
why do I think someone created an account just to try to rile us up? I thought we did that better ourselves :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  18:51:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
why do I think someone created an account just to try to rile us up?

my thought's exactly old chap

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  19:02:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
We can do a much better job without any help!

MC Deecee
Average Member

United Kingdom
194 posts
MC Deecee has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/14 :  20:34:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MC Deecee's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
It's happened a lot of times. It doesn't bother me unless it happens by the same person repeatedly.

Another example: Styles - Getting Better (Re-Con Remix) and Squad-E - Turn It Up.

Yeah that's a bit similar, although to me the melody on getting better sounds more like bang9, which is of course recons own track anyway lol

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page