Total online 2188
 Radio listeners 157+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 people dont really do reviews of nights on here...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  11:46:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
Also, it's been stated a few times here that MCs have been responsible for what the end results of many tracks has been. Producers have had to go back and re-work their tracks just to leave enough room for the MCs to spew their shit in the middle of the tracks when they're played live. Imagine how some of the music would change if producers did what they want to do with their own tracks and not have to take into account any MC influence.

I'd like to think this is something that happened maybe once or twice as a suggestion or something, and a rumour started that it was constantly being forced upon producers. I just can't see that many of them bowing to the MC's like that. I could be wrong of course. I'd be telling them to fuck off, unless it was a valid suggestion and helped the track.
I don't mind MC's as such, some of my most favourite sets wouldn't be the same without the MC, but they should be appropriate. If the DJ is playing happy hardcore, don't spout about life in the ghetto and smacking up rivals. It's ridiculous.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  12:10:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
If that Ememy/Storm thing actually happened and it was how you interpreted it, then I despair!

are u trying to suggest that i just made it up?... hold on maybe it was a dream... no, no, it definately happened, and it was exactly how i interpreted it, and some1 mentioned something about chavs, i have never seen so much trouble in 1 night in all my years of clubbing, must of been at least 6 fights, people proper getting there faces smashed in for no reason by coked up steriod freaks, mc storm had 2 stop dougal and gammers set at 1 point and jump into the crowd to split a fight up because the security couldnt handle it, big ups 2 him for that 1 though.......

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  12:11:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I don't hate all MCs, some of them are good, and I don't completely hate the idea of MCs, but what I don't like is the idea that they're actually that necessary at raves, and the form that MCs in UK hardcore take.

No other electronic genre does an MC take on as much of a role as in UK hardcore. Usually MCs serve as hosts and present the next act as well as close out each act, and also throw in a few words here and there to hype up the crowd. This is the case for MCs in hardstyle and gabber hardcore. Nowhere else but UK hardcore do you have an MC come and take every opportunity they get to try and impress us as being some sort of badass lyricist. The UK hardcore scene has been fueling the egos of MCs and all that's done is develop them into thinking they're a necessary aspect to the scene when in reality they are extremely expendable.

Very, very good post.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  12:28:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
and also there was a weddin proposal half way through a set enemy was mc'in on, ( again think it was d ice and reality) and just as the woman said yes and they started to kiss, enemy told them to 'get the **** off the stage now'

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  12:55:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Sounds like a lovely chap.

Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  13:52:50  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage  Reply with quote
Haha this is probably why there aren't any reviews of raves anymore...there used to be a few every week on ush!

What music did everyone play? I'm meant to be playing classic freeform at the next one! Good crowd?

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  14:17:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
it was a decent crowd after about 4am when all the wankers ****ed off, but before that it was very shady, my friend bekki got a plastic bottle threw at her head which some meat head aimed to throw at some guy, i was very concerned for my own and my friends safety at a lot of points, had 2 leave the dancefloor a few times because of this

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  14:19:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
and in terms of music, it was ok but not great, must of been about 7-8 tunes that every single dj's played

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  15:41:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
i am really not tryin to bad mouth mouth this night or the promoters, they cleaely put a lot of love and effort into it, it just seems that hardcore nights nowdays attract way 2 many dick heads

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  15:47:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
it was a decent crowd after about 4am when all the wankers ****ed off, but before that it was very shady, my friend bekki got a plastic bottle threw at her head which some meat head aimed to throw at some guy, i was very concerned for my own and my friends safety at a lot of points, had 2 leave the dancefloor a few times because of this

Pisses me off that. There always seems to be at least a small number of wankers at every rave. Not arsed about the music, just there to cause trouble.
I remember a rave I went to in Coalville about 10 years ago, was one of the worst atmospheres I've ever seen anywhere in my life. An extremely high number of arseholes hellbent on causing bother, I seen at least 2 fights and it seemed that everyone I walked past had to barge into me. We ended up leaving early to sit in the bus station, it was that bad.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  16:55:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I have to say, I've been raving since 08 and I've never felt unsafe or threatened at a rave. Nor have I ever had anything but positive interactions with people.

I think I've seen about 3 fights at raves in that whole times and I average in excess of 10 every year.

You've obviously been unlucky with this encounter.

I know the promoter of this night and he's a very good lad!!

I wasn't suggesting that you were lying what so ever; just merely that the intention behind the words might have been different to what you thought or that you misheard over a loud sound system. Obviously not because you seem very sure about it.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  16:55:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
The division within the scene really seems to be highlighted by the upcoming new year events. It's getting to the point where there are now (at least) two separate hardcore scenes. Far too many small minded politics and its just got out of hand.

Good. The sooner the distasteful people of the scene bugger off and do their own thing the better.

Agreed to an extent. The problem happens when they take half of the fan base with them - Half of what is already an extremely small number.

Yeah the half that don't appreciate the good Hardcore anyway.

quote:
I average in excess of 10 every year.

Fights or raves?

Haha just kidding.

quote:
I have to say, I've been raving since 08 and I've never felt unsafe or threatened at a rave. Nor have I ever had anything but positive interactions with people.

Yeah that's generally still the case although still nowhere near as friendly as they used to be. Although I'm talking bigger raves actually.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2014/12/14 17:00:25
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  17:01:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
I really hope that HTID book Outforce or Rescue for HTID ITS. Not because I particularly want to see any of them play but simply because it would be an important step towards bringing the scene back together again and it would show that HTID are above all the nonsense.

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  17:04:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
Fights or raves?

Haha just kidding.

Haaaaa!! Incidentally, I've never been involved in a fight in my life so perhaps I'm just more prone at staying away from trouble. Although I do have a very punchable face.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2014/12/14 :  17:06:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

I think I've seen about 3 fights at raves in that whole times and I average in excess of 10 every year.

You've obviously been unlucky with this encounter.

I know the promoter of this night and he's a very good lad!!

I wasn't suggesting that you were lying what so ever; just merely that the intention behind the words might have been different to what you thought or that you misheard over a loud sound system. Obviously not because you seem very sure about it.

i definitely didnt mishear it, it just made me laugh how storm big fisted him then mc'd over dougal and gammers set straight after

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.31 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page