Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  11:50:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage  Reply with quote
Quite liked his Who are you remix

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  12:06:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mansy:
A few of his tracks like promised land, life on life, out of my hands and my direction were all updated from his hypasonic allias. Ill admit that they were better updates. I can remember hearing the hypasonic remix of promised land and it was very similar besides the riff which was shocking.

Then again its not that bad

http://youtu.be/peYiWsKqWu8

I seem to remember there was a bit of a hoo-ha about one of his remixes being absolutely identical to the original, just with the bpm increased and nothing else done to it. Hardly the crime of the century, the styles were similar enough to get away with that and a lot of people were time stretching tracks to fit hardcore anyway (myself included).

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

DJBoydy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  12:13:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJBoydy's homepage  Reply with quote
Not really a fan of his music but one remix he did sticks out in my memory......

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  13:05:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Was squade actually on Hardcore Syndrome?

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  16:05:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Squad-e was my favourite producer when he first came onto the scene around 2006. He was great for about 2 years then slowly started to decline as a producer for me - He had a very simple formula for making tunes and once that got boring he was found out. Even his new tunes (whilst much better than some of the crap he was making a couple of years ago) sound similar to his older stuff.
On a positive note, My direction will always be one of my favourite tunes.

Also, his remixes were almost always better than the tunes he wrote himself under the Squad-E alias.

Where Re-Con would mostly draw influence from House/Electro music when making his Hardcore, Squad-E would do the same but with Bounce House tunes and, like you say, after a couple of years it became common knowledge that Squad-E tunes weren't exactly Squad-E tunes.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/01/04 :  19:48:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Was squade actually on Hardcore Syndrome?

nope, just someone using that albums artwork for some silly reason

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  16:49:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage  Reply with quote
Unsure if I should dampen the mood of this thread, but I'm curious: does anyone have any info on his alleged triple-booking tonight. It sounds off personally, as I can't seem to find anything else public today that he's playing at:

quote:

Due to Squad-e triple booking him self he has unfortunately canceled the booking.

https://www.facebook.com/events/542511355878506/permalink/636791149783859/

EDIT: Apparently another booking was in Glasgow: https://www.facebook.com/events/796047940436680/

Edited by - Ikstra on 2015/01/31 23:42:49
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  17:18:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
That event is cancelled now so we may never know

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  17:27:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Maybe he was booked to play all 3 rooms at once, mixing in roundabout fashion. Id pay to see that!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  18:12:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
You're on to something there. If I ever put an event on i'll try and book somebody to play in 2 rooms at the same time!

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  21:02:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage  Reply with quote
maybe that's why he has been so emotionally drained recently, he has been spending his time making multiple tulpas of himself to play many gigs at the same time!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  21:34:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ikstra:
Unsure if I should dampen the mood of this thread

Oh you aren't. It's more keeping in line with what the original reason this post was created.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/01/31 :  22:39:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
It's better to keep it positive though. I for one hope he gets better and produces the quality we know he can

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/02/01 :  08:31:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
It's better to keep it positive though. I for one hope he gets better and produces the quality we know he can

I couldn't give a fcuk about squad-e anymore to be honest. He is not an artist that I want to support in any way after his recent behaviour regardless of the quality he produces from now on - which, lets face it, isn't exactly groundbreaking going by the most recent tunes I've heard. He clearly has mental issues which can be forgiven, but he's also shown himself up to be a complete dickhead.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/02/01 :  14:08:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
Squad-E's recent stuff is proper hardcore. Big up that man. Long may it continue.

No, I'm not joking. In a scene where everyone is producing complete shite, it's refreshing to hear him coming out with these '08-era tracks.

Right now I'll take Squad-E over any of the FW/TWR bunch.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page